Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The RPGWatch?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Well, rpgcodex reports on new battletech game all the time, as an rpg, despite the devs saying more than once that it's a strategy game.

Concerning their rpg of the year awards, I agree with the majority of the winners, including Witcher 3

Seconded. And a popamole strategy at that. The game has good graphics and shallow mechanics. Such hipocrisy.

Weasel
I think there are more discussions about non-RPGs here than I ever saw at The Watch.

To be fair, the Watch RPG coverage has always been a tough act to follow +M

So I come over here to see what you guys are saying about DX:HR, and there's not a single post about it yet?

This place sucks, and you guys are a bunch of lame turds.

Ok, I'm going back to The Watch now. :D

Sir_Markus

Barely Literate
Liberals love free speech until you say something they don't agree with. Since they can't win any arguments for their viewpoints with facts, their only resort is to shut down dissenting opinion. I was a long time member of RPGwatch but censorship is dangerous and I won't be going back their any more if they even come back.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
They should all be marked with The Eternal Watchfag tag and their access to most subforums should be restricted. These clean subforums could be aptly marked as "Watchfrei".

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
They're already using their secret Watch talk and planning to take over the Codex behind our backs.

If you see something, say something.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
RPG Watch didn't understand what RPGs were. Pretty much any game could be considered an RPG by their standards. I think some non-RPGs won their GOTY awards, or at least got nominated, even games where the developers in no way considered their game an RPG.

They reported on non-RPGs all the time too. Should have just been called Game Watch.

Yes but what IS an RPG?

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Security of Codex is more important than watchmen potentially abusing their power. These Watch rats are strolling among us like they own the place, spreading their diseases and eating from our tables. Do we stand for this? I say no! We must establish Gecopo, the Secret Codex Police, to curb and detain the Watch menace by any means necessary. There is no future without sacrifice. The lives of your children and the sanctity of your native soil are at stake, men. Beware the Watchfag. The warmonger. The war prolonger.

Codex might be a wretched hive of scum and villainy but Watch is the wretched HIV of RPG websites.

yIH7jyZ.png

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The lives of your children and the sanctity of your native soil are at stake, men.

What sanctity? We have a fucking jRPG Weeaboo Discussion sub-forum, for fuck's sake. They even have a Final Fantasy XV thread in it, which makes FO4 looks good in comparison. How many codexers played FO4 and DA:I? How many codexers collected money for the likes of Shadowrun and Battletech knowing that they are popamole games? The real threat is already here, it doesn't come from the outside. The only difference between the Watch and the Codex is that we have a larger number of decent individuals, but that is just a porcentage, nothing more.

Repressed Homosexual
Liberals love free speech until you say something they don't agree with. Since they can't win any arguments for their viewpoints with facts, their only resort is to shut down dissenting opinion. I was a long time member of RPGwatch but censorship is dangerous and I won't be going back their any more if they even come back.

Either it is shutting down dissenting opinions, or it is resorting to shaming language, like "You're a terrible human being!" or "Your life must be one happy woman living with you."

It was funny because they kept saying they were paragons of virtue, yet some of them kept saying I must necessarily be a bad husband and father because of my views online. Somehow I'm the one who was the disparager, and yet they always find a way to make their personal attack morally justified in their mind.

There's always this contradiction that I found suspicious with liberal communities from the get go. In fact I noticed it is a very feminine attitude. So it means that spending time with liberals and thinking that what they do is normal will make you emasculated and catty.

Don Peste

Arcane
Hey, besides the Codex, and our lovely brothers from the Watch, and maybe Banshee, do you people follow any other sites? I used to like PCGamesN but their clickbait posts are triggering.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom