Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The sound effects of MM7 is driving me insane

Heresiarch

Prophet
Just got my hands on it for personal collection...after some fiddling, finally got the game running, but apparently most of the voices of the game goes postal, the "pick me!" became "pi-pi-pi-pi-ck-ck-ck me-me-me!", and even button clicking, NPCs "Hi" are having crazy echo problems.

I've tried disabled hardware acceleration in Dxdiag and it do improve the situation somewhat, but just so the characters says "pi-pi-ck-ck me-me!" instead repeating 4 to 5 times. The greetings of the shopkeepers seems perfectly fine though.

Anyone have a similar problem?

-----------------------------------------------

Seems I've found the solution myself....just install the patch mention down and the game works PERFECTLY! Well almost....in my case there's still quite a lot of white flashes even though I've turned on Vsync.

Solution MM7:

Posted By: HunterX

well, for all you who want to play the game with all the bells & whistles. A very kind gamer has made a patch that fixes most (if not all) of MM7 problems. I tried the patch myself and i rest assure that it works with Hardware Aceleration enabled.

Quoting the author :

"Hi,
I created an experimental patch for Might & Magic VII while replaying the game again. I posted the link on another M&M forum and so far only 1 person tried it and confirmed that it works (as I don't have english version of the game and only tested it using a version in my native language).

You must update your game to v1.1 before using my patch as it does not contain updated Data\Events.lod & MM7Setup.exe files with the original bugfixes.

Tested here on 2 configurations:
- AMD64 3500+, NVidia GF6800 GT, 1GB of memory, XP SP2.
- P4 2.66, ATI Radeon 8500, 1GB of memory, XP SP2.

Let me know if it works for you.

-Mok

Changes:
- fixed 3D hardware compatibility under Windows XP (SP2). Win2K not tested. No need to use any compatibilty modes on the executables anymore. Disabling V-Sync in your gfx card's drivers is not recommended or you might get lots of white screen flashes (especially on ATI hardware).
- probably fixed 3D Sound compatibilty. Updated all 3 Rad Games libraries to much newer versions (Bink, Smacker and Miles Sound System).
- fixed a saving game message in the Arena. You'll get 'No saving in the arena'.
- fixed a bug which caused inventory corruption if you used Recharge spell on a wand with no charges. Now it will simply fail on such wands.
- the game will no longer generate wands with max number of charges = 0. It will be minimum 1 charge. Existing wands won't be upgraded.
- fixed a bug in Paralyze spell that allowed you to target a dead monster to kill it several times. It will not work on dead opponents anymore."

Originally posted at
http://telp.org/mm7/tavern/mm7tavern.html

i don´t know if direct linking is allowed, i don´t want to be responsible for the site being taken down.
But it´s for the sake of all you who want to play this great game

http://strony.aster.pl/mokmtg/mm7_eng_xp.exe

Props to the author, he well deserves it

Thread: http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread25973-4.html

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom