Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Turjan

Arcane
Anyone know why the best GTA of them all (GTA London) isn't on Steam?
You mean why the mission packs for a game that was available for free are not on Steam? None of the free Rockstar Classics are on Steam.

Edit: Just looked, and it says "currently unavailable" for the free downloads, so you may be able to pay for them in the near future.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Because of the shitty games I bought during the sale I purchased a shitbox controller. Damn thing better give me an orgasmic playing experience for $30.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Was so excited to get another foil... before I realized I could get like $2 tops. I offloaded it for $1 before the market filled up with them.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
You mean why the mission packs for a game that was available for free are not on Steam? None of the free Rockstar Classics are on Steam.

Both GTA1 and 2 were free Rockstar Classics and both were available in the GTA Complete pack on Steam. That's where I got them.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Ah, that makes sense.

Still, I wouldn't mind paying for the GTA London mission pack, as long as it's optimized for modern systems. I spent ages on that game when I was a kid.

Fatty

Augur
Yay or Nay? I'm not clear what a Steam Special Edition is. Or is there a better city builder/manager out there? I did not care for Sim City 4.

Buy Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle

Includes 8 items: Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition, Tropico 4: Junta Military DLC, Tropico 4: Plantador DLC, Tropico 4: Modern Times, Tropico 4: Quick-dry Cement DLC, Tropico 4: Pirate Heaven DLC, Tropico 4: Megalopolis DLC, Tropico 4: Vigilante DLC

$7.99

Well, if you're feeling nostalgic GTA London is available on the Playstation 1 as well. Just grab the iso and ePSXe and you're good to go.

I'm not clear what a Steam Special Edition is.

From the description:

Special Edition

...includes an exclusive island (Isla Nublar) and El Presidente avatar costume (Luchador) and 50 Steam achievements. El Presidente is back to rule it all!

Basically, it's just the name for the version available on Steam.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Some of the game releases are confusing as fuck on Steam, DLC bundles that include 40 DLC items, but still miss some, gold editions, premium editions. Annoys the shit out of me.

Turjan

Arcane
Yay or Nay? I'm not clear what a Steam Special Edition is. Or is there a better city builder/manager out there? I did not care for Sim City 4.

Buy Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle

I like that game very much, it's quite humorous. Then again, I also like SimCity 4 very much, so...

Either you like city building or you don't. You can also throw people in jail and rig the elections, but that's actually more difficult than playing it the plain way. Which isn't a bad thing per se.

Fatty

Augur
Hmm I'll have to try and remember why I did not like Sim City 4. Its been years. As I recall it was mainly the lack of random map generator but maybe there was one and I am thinking of something else.

Unrelated question - do we think the early Tomb Raiders will appear again for under a buck each of was that just a one time fuck-up?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
5f0.gif

go home Gaben, you're drunk

edit:

Oh for fuck's sake, I wasn't being serious

Since voting ears you cards, it becomes a retarded popularity contest as even people who aren't interested vote as well. "Walking Dead kicks ass, I'm voting for THAT! Wtf is van helsing LOL"

muckymucks
iconGames.png
11 minutes ago

I had Bastion already but the other two choses were pretty bad, so I voted for Bastion again. That seems to be the trend; community nominees I already own get the vote because the contenders don't look so good.

Turjan

Arcane
Eh, I only vote for... science. Yes, that's it...

The only positive I see here is that everything that's up to vote hasn't been on sale yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom