Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress The true face of Japan: Let's read Shigurui (NSFW obviously)

Kz3r0

Arcane
So is this one of those things where every swordsman that comes after the one we've just seen is so much stronger than the previous ones? Will they fight in space at the end?
No, even if the principal characters suffer of the invincibility syndrome typical of manga, I will avoid to say more, but who is the strongest is not set in stone here.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
So is this one of those things where every swordsman that comes after the one we've just seen is so much stronger than the previous ones? Will they fight in space at the end?

Nah, there's no real power inflation. The big guy can swing a huge sword easily because he's big and strong, nobody else will be doing shit like that. It's a funny thing, because while the depiction of the workings of a school of swordsmanship of the time are historically accurate, multiple descriptions of basic concepts and training excercises included (for instance, tsubazeri, as shown by chapter 2, is a real kendo thing). However, the original techniques of the Kogan school are a bit ridiculous - as in, way too risky and volatile. For instance (small spoiler I guess), they have a thing where they let their sword slide out of their hand mid-swing by loosening their grip, finally grabbing it by the very end of the hilt, therefore having unexpectedly long range for a while. Which would be very useful if someone could do it consistently, but failure would mean instant death.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Chapter 4, where we meet the baddest dude.

my2bn.png

H1Eux.png

xU3Cq.png

LabMA.png

fswjv.png

xGssm.png

c8HQz.png

UirQX.png

AWBVM.png

3e7aU.png

Kn8tV.png

Ls04Y.png

MDqum.png

63VDC.png

hNnCS.png

wAt7z.png

grEJm.png

U5ipy.jpg

SoquU.png

SF0QR.png

VfSEV.png

TwvOg.png

LEliy.png

Vmgir.png

Ty587.png

I7KTt.png

KS8wA.jpg

pz6rU.png

sygBn.png

u0SW0.png

And he pisses himself.

Radisshu

Prophet
BEAUTIFUL. I've been meaning to read this for a really long time

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Chapter 5, where some extreme dentistry takes place.

vv8rm.png

pU2Ou.png

pJX61.png

ZFuDu.png

YRTZo.png

J3L3u.png

7CZ5F.png

OzaI1.png

zwPft.png

RsVjW.png

KEJLF.png

My16e.png

y1g87.png

2ynMX.png

RwRVQ.png

LARms.png

zoiuE.png

5ibMa.png

5zy9r.png

93w0o.png

DdVi5.png

ZwSMS.png

53u1f.png

GJIpl.png

WxMC0.png

5Aw4O.png

Hm9Ss.png

XgApl.png

ZcIBg.png

pvEvc.png

rqLIE.png

0XJah.png

4xOTr.png

jpM6v.png

And a small vignette to end the volume.

UJ1nD.png

2IlpO.png

Zn5Le.png

SFMDA.png

jixti.png

XLnye.png

9ug7W.png

Thus ends Volume 1. Things just keep getting more pleasant, don't they?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
We begin Volume 2.

HufTv.jpg

HNk2O.jpg

wJt0K.jpg

YnhFF.jpg

B41PO.jpg

Which begins with Chapter 6, featuring male prostitutes and furry rape.

vE4Xq.png

p9UU0.png

dy1Zp.png

gRuUw.png

zWGx7.png

wd1B9.png

ySyEc.png

wn6Y4.png

dJMRQ.png

rqgSn.png

cCR9b.png

RwBMg.png

M5TnQ.png

QOyBT.png

8PM7h.png

g5VUF.png

1wGg2.png

oXRRG.jpg

lWkm9.png

8mye2.png

sv0Hi.png

1MegF.png

aANiz.png

zdUWS.png

KD3oc.png

eBHjk.png

Pkmaw.png

6LFLd.png

StMcK.png

Rujhl.jpg

n2PYp.png

5Fond.png

2eRsm.png

Good thing all that effort paid off for our heroes.

LoPan

Learned
So I guess she'll get both of their semen, or first one and then the other--a veritable cocktail of strength none the less. That's all assuming someone else, probably Kogan, doesn't rape her first.

Kz3r0

Arcane
In case anyone is interested there is an anime of this.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Don't worry Cowboy, we're not going anywhere. :love:

So let's bump this fucker to page 3, please.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
It only covers events up to a certain point, and ends with what is possibly the worst cliffhanger ever, so I'm not worried about that.

And even though I compared it to Bioshock, it's not bad. When I call it "very pretty", I mean it, it has a great art style that subtly mimics traditional Japanese paintings, with a healthy dash of surrealism. It's kind of like Tarantino mixed with Kurosawa in anime form, visually.

Bahamut

Arcane
Well, thanks for posting done some reading ahead by myself, not really that much homoeroticaly it is, its much more of an gorefest with swordmans gorefest with glimpses of barbie like nudility, p. nice read

O yea and that big Gonza guy apparently
CASTRATED HIMSELF WITH FUCKING BARE HANDS

Heresiarch

Prophet
I was supposed to read it for lulz and seks, but after reading a few chapters I downloaded all of them for the fucking storyline. Its plot and characters are actually way better written and fleshed out than most crpg.

Gregz

Arcane
I was supposed to read it for lulz and seks, but after reading a few chapters I downloaded all of them for the fucking storyline. Its plot and characters are actually way better written and fleshed out than most crpg.

Agreed, enjoying this one (I'm on page 900 or so of 'Musashi' and about to give up :oops: , this is basically the same stuff and is much easier reading)

btw, it's online for free here: http://www.mangareader.net/1364/shigurui.html

When is moar CM?

Random

Arcane
Patron
bump for more

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom