Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The UT Sign up Thread

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I like CTF Face.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm happy to go with CTF Face, but, I was thinking, it might be an idea to use a map that is a little more closed and complex to create a more challenging and strategic match.

SniperHF

Arcane
I'm happy to go with CTF Face, but, I was thinking, it might be an idea to use a map that is a little more closed and complex to create a more challenging and strategic match.

CTF-Coret. Though that might not be the best map to stream it's my favorite original CTF map. Never was a big fan of the original CTF map list. 2k3/4 were better.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ok, I can log in on the server too. contestants may want to do so too a bit in advance. you have to download some mod files or something (UT does it automatically) and it went a little slow for me. Just so we won't have to bother with it on match day.

DraQ

Arcane
Lava Giant

:salute:

Probably too big for 5v5 yeah.
Wouldn't 4v4 be just barely enough for LG?

Also, for the record, I'm not seeing anything suggesting shiteatingnippledick using aimbot. Looks like just a good aim. Headshot is upper 1/3 of the collision cylinder in UT and face isn't nearly big enough to need zooming - ever tried instagib on Hall of Giants?

I'm pretty decent shoot while on the move myself and have cyborg GF with built-in aimbot in her eyes so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

Of course I do get a bit jerky playback here so I may be missing some unnatural movement but it doesn't seem likely.

Last edited:
Wouldn't 4v4 be just barely enough for LG?

Yes and no. Once the team with the flag reached the cliffs in the middle it was impossible to regain the flag. 5v5 wouldn't have been much better either. Maybe 6v6 would be just barely enough for a semi-decent match.

Wasn't the best choice on my part - I guess this being my first time playing UT with people I'll have to chalk this one up to experience. I thought the match would be longer, more strategic and more defensive. I think I was the only person guarding a base.

Also, for the record, I'm not seeing anything suggesting shiteatingnippledick using aimbot. Looks like just a good aim. Headshot is upper 1/3 of the collision cylinder in UT and face isn't nearly big enough to need zooming - ever tried instagib on Hall of Giants?

I'm pretty decent shoot while on the move myself and have cyborg GF with built-in aimbot in her eyes so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

My thoughts exactly, too.

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
How did this go?

It was pretty fun. We played a fair few rounds of instagib death match before the serious business. The bots on the server are set at a low difficulty. However, there was one bot who was standing around killing everyone in its range and managed to win one of the rounds. I loled.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Multiple people have made various requests recently for privileges to be returned or removed. If you are one such person, and want whatever it is you want, sign up here.

I am looking to form 2 teams of 4 players each who will fight against each other in a CTF match for victory and glory. Those in the winning team will have their requests acquiesced to. Those in the losing team will have to wait for another match.

Participants who wish the following will be accepted:
- Getting an account banned.
- Having an account unbanned (WILL YOU FIGHT FOR FREEDOM?)
- Being unprosperised.
- Having tags removed (CyberP is ineligible for this challenge).
- Having privileges restored (brofists, GD access).

ARE YOU GAME?

Bets will be organised later in a separate thread.
Would it be possible to expand the "having privileges restored" part with "being able to change your avatar"?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thank you DU-sama. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom