Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Note that this video has both the Adlib- and Roland-playback from the original 1.0-release, Electronic Arts later released an 'Enhanced' edition with new music.

Viata

Arcane
iirc Goemon on N64 still can't be emulated perfectly, there are still some graphical problems or something else. At least, that was what I saw being posted some weeks ago on 4chan's /vr/.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

I was curious, so I checked his channel. Found this monstrous 5-hour gem:

Jan 28, 2019
On this very day, 5 years ago, I posted the very first The Best of Retro VGM entry. To celebrate this occasion, I did the most original thing I possible could and did this huge playlist featuring 100 of my favorite tracks from the series. My goal was to highlight both obscure tracks no one really bothered to click on when they were originally posted on this channel, as well as the all-time favorites, because I think some of you would kill me if I didn't include them (no MM2 Wily 1 tho, sorry). I've never really liked these Top X Songs of All Time playlists, because I find them, for the most part, really safe. I wanted to make a non-obvious set, one that would make you go "this choice fucking sucks, but at least it's interesting I guess", one that would make you come back to it once in a while.

*checks calendar* Maybe I should have waited a week.

Anyways, the 'series' the quoted video is from has reached over 3200 entries, so there's plenty of material there to browse through.

Iucounu

Educated
Mass Effect is sometimes praised for its synth music, but I think ME2's is at least as good (and much darker).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom