Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 1 Thread

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Walkin' Dude said:
Please dont post pictures of nudity. Some members(like Lumpy and Admiral Jimbob) are underaged and can become demented or schizophrenic from viewing them.

But on the same account, seeing them might "fix" Jasede and kc.

Monolith

Prophet
Hamster said:
Monolith said:
It already hit the shelves!? When? I was looking for it yesterday and Media Markt didn't have it.
It's out in Russia,rest of Europe will have to wait till 26 october
It's Poland for fuck's sakes! I didn't know that it was already out in Poland or was confused because I didn't see it anywhere. I'm going to check out some stores now. Fuck those 80 bucks, I'll have to eat less, that's all.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Monolith said:
Hamster said:
Monolith said:
It already hit the shelves!? When? I was looking for it yesterday and Media Markt didn't have it.
It's Poland for fuck's sakes!.
No, it's certainly Russia. I am pretty sure that i am now sitting in front of my pc in Moscow and installing The Witcher.
Poland will have to wait till october 26 :wink:

dragonfk

Erudite
Monolith said:
Hamster said:
Monolith said:
It's Poland for fuck's sakes! I didn't know that it was already out in Poland or was confused because I didn't see it anywhere. I'm going to check out some stores now. Fuck those 80 bucks, I'll have to eat less, that's all.

Monolith you wont find the game in shops. If you havent preordered it you will have to wait till Friday.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Iirc the game should be out in Poland and Russia at the same time, the rest of the world will wait. So no Polish/Russian quarrel here plz :D

And I'll wait too, until they give me a new payment link :-(

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Monolith said:
Hamster said:
Monolith said:

Amazon.de just wrote me a nice email that my copy of the German Collector's edition is on its way. I'll be able to receive it tomorrow because I don't have to torture my students before noon.

I don't know if I will be ready to install and test the game, because the last preview I heard (yes, podcast from GameStar magazine) spoke of MASSIVE bugs in the release version. I will wait for the day-zero patch to come out on friday.

BTW: I still recover from playing the Hellshit:Gaytown demo. Didn't I tell you that game is utter crap?

So, now back to MotB....

Elwro

Arcane
They started testing this in MAY and there are still bugs in the release version? Jesus.

edit: from what I read on gram.pl, at least some weird errors people get result from not having SP2 for XP installed.

BillyOgawa

Scholar
Any word on NPC schedules? Is it like a Gothic/Ultima type deal, as suggested?

Elwro

Arcane
DraQ said:
Elwro said:
from what I read on gram.pl, at least some weird errors people get result from not having SP2 for XP installed.
How weird?
20071023174402.jpg
:D

And of (unrelated) course, there's everyone's favourite "Please enter the original DVD" message while the disc is firmly in its place - at least from what I get from the gram.pl forum topic this might be an issue.

Monolith

Prophet
Hamster said:
No, it's certainly Russia. I am pretty sure that i am now sitting in front of my pc in Moscow and installing The Witcher.
Sorry.

dragonfk said:
Monolith you wont find the game in shops. If you havent preordered it you will have to wait till Friday.
Yeah, that's what the Media Markt guys told me. Pricks. All of them. Until friday my urge to buy it will be overwhelmed by the realization that I need the money for more importa...ah, fuck, who am I kidding. I'll be absolutely broke until friday.

Marsal

Arcane
Elwro said:
They started testing this in MAY and there are still bugs in the release version? Jesus.
I bet the "naughty" cards are impeccable, though :lol:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The Walkin' Dude said:
Please dont post pictures of nudity. Some members(like Lumpy and Admiral Jimbob) are underaged and can become demented or schizophrenic from viewing them.

So this is why they had to censor the american version.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
The game is not offcially released (26.10). However anyone who pre-ordered got it yesterday.

The game is soooo much better than NWN2.

Black

Arcane
Assuming I'm not ur typical NWN or Witcher fan, just another-guywho-likes-rpgs how much better is it than NWN2?
Like "worth buying" better or "meh" better? Cause I'm not so much in a-rpgs.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Let's get to the important stuff:

How does the sex mini-game work?

How many women can you get the picture of?

Can you fuck an Elf chick?

Texas Red

Whiner
Comrade Hamster, since you are apparently the only one with the game, its your duty to post first impressions.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
yeah, lets talk about the sex....

....can you have sex with dwarves ?

....can you have sex with male dwarves ?

.....can you have sex with male dwarves after you made them drunk ?

.....can you have sex with male dwarves after you made them drunk and killed them ?

1-3 would suffice, though 4.) would be a nice bonus for my romance preferences in RPGs.

some unimportant other questions:

1. hows the combat ? innovative and fresh and stays interesting through the course of the game ? (i.e.do you and your enemies constantly learn new tricks making the game less repeative.... or do you and tje enemies gain more dmg/hp and the game plays more or less the same no matter whether you re 3 or 30 hours into it ? )

2. hows the roleplaying ? good dialogue options or is geralt "captain shepard in medieval europe" as some trailers suggested ? non-combat solutions to quests ?
choices and consequences all across the board or "we have a handfull of quests with 2 different branches" ?

3. does the game have good art direction ? the trailers didnt really look that good imho. more "dirty medieval then oblivion" but still pretty generic, hope i m wrong !

Jora

Arcane
Ladonna said:
So what is a 'Witcher'? Is it like a Knight or something?

In any case, it is sounding promising so far. I will wait for more opinions first though.
20041024h.jpg

dragonfk

Erudite
Damn, where the fuck did hamster go? Have they lost electricity in these frozen lands or what? Hamster god dammit post your impressions!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
dragonfk said:
Damn, where the fuck did hamster go? Have they lost electricity in these frozen lands or what? Hamster god dammit post your impressions!

He's hooked with the game I suppose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom