Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE WITCHER 2 is upon us!

made

Arcane
Or more precisely, a preview copy is upon polygamia.pl

http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,107163, ... zywo_.html

Apparently it's the entire first act so I'm sure their impressions will follow soon. So far they've been mostly wrestling with the installation. They do have a couple vids and some screens, like Geralt's new face:
z9394775O.jpg

*fap fap fap*

Thoric

Novice
Nice job on the face. It's like the first game's cinematic intro.

:love:

made

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Goddamned polish language.
There's nothing worth translating yet as they just started playing. Their copy of the game itself is in English, as you can see.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
made said:
Jaesun said:
Goddamned polish language.
There's nothing worth translating yet as they just started playing. Their copy of the game itself is in English, as you can see.

Ahh ok. I just saw polish language, and ragequitted (butthurt detected).

Lesifoere

Liturgist
There's certainly a lot of supposedly straight Codexers getting hard-ons over Geralt's face, here.

made

Arcane
They've updated their journal with more screenshots. No more vids to avoid spoilers (ie. game probably runs choppy).

z9395913O.jpg

made

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
There's certainly a lot of supposedly straight Codexers getting hard-ons over Geralt's face, here.
It's acceptable to be gay for Geralt. Just like for MCA.

And your best bros. And people you feel you can trust. And people you really like. And when you feel like it. BUT IM NOT GAY I TOTALLY LIEK WOMANS

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
made said:
They've updated their journal with more screenshots. No more vids to avoid spoilers (ie. game probably runs choppy).

z9395913O.jpg
Bloom.

That's cute.

Excited Potato said:
Od razu widać, jaką przewagę ma Wiedźmin 2 nad konkurencją, głównie zaś najnowszą, czyli Dragon Age 2. Z każdą z tych postaci mogę porozmawiać

"You immediately see the superiority of the Witcher 2 over the competitors, in particular the most recent competitor, Dragon Age 2. You can talk to all the NPCs"

Captain Shrek

Brothers, they got me :(.

I ordered the PE from GOG.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The Witcher 2 mostly seems to be a replica of its prequel. Still, I will most likely procure it by means of magic portal, finish it once and then proceed to complain about its simple quests and unrefined dialogue options.

Should be fun.

a budda

Arbiter
looks like it needs a proper gfx, he says laptop 5870 can't run 25fps at medium

and that there's a lot of morally ambiguous choices right from the beginning
lot of cutscenes too

no save, checkpoints :x

a budda

Arbiter
z9396065O.jpg

can't say the textures are amazing, asshole didn't even bother with turning aa on

but fucking textures... hope it's some medium setting, why the fuck do we have to suffer shitty textures in this age

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Excited Potato said:
Opcji do wyboru było kilka, ale nie pokażę ich tutaj, bo były wśród nich spoilery. Dość stwierdzić, że jedna z nich spowodowała użycie umiejętności "zastraszanie", o której nawet nie wiedziałem, ale która podziałała znakomicie.

Czyli Geralt tym razem ma jakieś umiejętności społeczne? No super. Zastraszanie, perswazja, może nawet jakieś uwodzenie czy coś... jestem zdecydowanie za.

"There were several [dialogue] options to choose from, but I won't show them here since they contain spoilers. I'll just say that picking one of them caused me to use the "intimidate" skill, that I had no idea existed, and thath worked perfectly.

So Geralt has some social skills now? Just super. Intimidation, persuasion, maybe even some seduction or something... I'm all for that."

tetsuo

Scholar
WhiskeyWolf said:
He has 25fps with fraps running.

wtf with these crappy settings?the preview vids looked way better,
urgh that doesnt sound good, or maybe polish gaming journalists cant afford a proper pc for testing? :P

made

Arcane
Lolz a budda going mental in the comments. Normal saves are obviously in.

They're playing it on a laptop, God knows why.

a budda said:

Goddamnit. I hope they at least place the autosaves intelligently so you don't have to go through the same fucking cutscenes/dialogue sequences over and over before big battles (assuming any of them are difficult).

DA2 was absolute console-geared shit, and they still let you save anywhere you wanted (one of the few positive points).

made

Arcane
Now they have screenies of the (consolized) inventory and skill trees. Supposedly you can't master all the trees and have to focus on one or two. An example of the dialogue skills:

z9396391O.jpg

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
a budda said:

Goddamnit. I hope they at least place the autosaves intelligently so you don't have to go through the same fucking cutscenes/dialogue sequences over and over before big battles (assuming any of them are difficult).

DA2 was absolute console-geared shit, and they still let you save anywhere you wanted (one of the few positive points).

Excited potato said:
Mała errata - można zapisywać grę, tylko nie przez menu, a skrót klawiszowy. F5 i brzdęk. Uff

"An errata - you can save the game, just not using the menu but by pressing a hotkey. F5 and we're done. Phew."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom