Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 2, super enchanced emerald version 2.0 announced

covr

Prophet
Patron
Re: The Witcher 2, super enchanced emerald version 2.0 annou

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico said:
covr said:
They released the Enhanced Edition as a free patch for people who already owned the game.

Yeah, but EE was also sold as a boxed version in shops. I mean, in Poland :smug:
So?

So it means more money, with a little effort :/

EDIT:

Falkner - No. Games should be patched and bug free when they hit the shelves.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2

covr said:
covr said:
They released the Enhanced Edition as a free patch for people who already owned the game.

Yeah, but EE was also sold as a boxed version in shops. I mean, in Poland :smug:
So?

It means that everyone got the improved version, no one had to buy it twice. I can assure you that other companies would have released that stuff as a GOTY version, with no free patch. Hell, Bethesda wouldn't even have bothered to fix anything.

covr said:
Bullshit. What Falkner said.

Also, the whole "games should be perfect on release date" is naive and delusional.
Games are never "complete and perfect" in developer's mind, it's just about finding the right spot in the trade-off between your effort to improve things and having a product ready to be shipped.

And that's why complaining about post-release support and improvements is incredibly idiotic.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2

covr said:
covr said:

So?

EDIT:

Falkner - No. Games should be patched and bug free when they hit the shelves.
And Jessica Alba should have her mouth around my cock. It would be an ideal state, but who are we kidding? No game is ever completely bug free. Other companies let their community fix the game (Beth), CDP released a fucking huge patch with fixed animations, re-recorded dialogue and stuff. That's commendable. :salute:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not buying this game for a second time, so I hope this version proves to be a free patch. I might then check out the alternate plot path.

FatCat

Educated
MicoSelva said:
I'm not buying this game for a second time, so I hope this version proves to be a free patch. I might then check out the alternate plot path.
'

Of course it will be free :roll: It's CDP for fuck sake not Activision.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
(INTERNETS) Game developer announces plans to provide after-sales support and modifications based on customer feedback, the membership of the prestigious gaming magazine RPGCodex is outraged.

"POPAMOLE DECLINE!", shouts a random commenter, while crying and masturbating.

According to inside sources, emotions are running higher than during the August riots that followed Vince D. Weller's announcement of delaying the release of his first person MMO "Age of Decandece" till "Friday".

"But it will be a downloadable patch for previou-" said another commenter, before being raped by a gang of members referring to themselves as "skywayists".

The administration of RPGCodex declined to comment, claiming to be "busy watching My Little Pony".

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I don't see the problem. If a game receives a patch, the entire game should then be released for free to everyone in the world, preferably with delivery to your door to save on bandwidth costs on downloading. Is this not logical??? Hee durr farp

Gerrard

Arcane

covr said:

They only made the box version because people wanted it. There was a huge thread about it on the forums.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I'd like to drink potions without having to reflect on the world around me first, thanks.

covr

Prophet
Patron

Gerrard said:
covr said:

They only made the box version because people wanted it. There was a huge thread about it on the forums.

People also wanted a bug-free game. There are hundreds threads about it on the forums. :M

Gerrard

Arcane

covr said:
Gerrard said:
covr said:

People also wanted a bug-free game. There are hundreds threads about it on the forums. :M
People want a lot of shit. I want a lot of shit. Nobody forced you to buy it. They could have not released it for free. Ever thought about that?

I fucking hate this country.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Menckenstein said:
I'd like to drink potions without having to reflect on the world around me first, thanks.
This. The amount of time which is needed to drink a potion was the main factor due to which I skipped the Alchemy path.

Shannow

Waster of Time

Falkner said:
covr said:

Yes. The people who already owned it got the free patch and the people who didn't own it yet could buy the game in the pre-patched version. That's how it should be.
EE pushed the original version (which had already dropped to 20€ or so in Germany) from the shelves and was sold at full price again.
I ended up buying the CE (30€ or so; and then patch). The EE bought them a few new (full price) purchases and a lot of good will.
So yeah, releasing it the way they did probably did not end up costing them money and was no ultirior gift, was no attempted rip-off either.
I neither understand the Bitcher faction nor the "OMG, they actually patched a game! Take that BethsidianwareIndustry!!!!" faction. *shrug*

Anyway:
Volrath said:
Jaesun said:
I still haven's finished the first Witcher (and I own it).
And I played the first 2 Acts of TW2 and don't think I'll finish it :M

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
You played the first 2 acts? Well, if you want to finish the game quickly, know that you're about 2 hours from the end.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
I think I'll wait with my bitching or prising till I know what that version 2.0 is supposed to mean.
Weird, I know. :oops:

Regdar

Arcane
I base my expectations of 2witcher2.0 on CDProjekt's track record of prioritizing the most important bugs, and patching them with lightning speed. Like that time they released a game without support for the hands-down most commonly used aspect ratio and, in response to massive demand from their core fanbase, patched it in 1.01.

But I'm not sure that was exactly how it went down, so don't quote me on that. :troll:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
These guys release DLC for free. So why bitch if they want to call their free patch a 'new and improved version 2.0'? Wonder if it will have some new content as well...

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Rivmusique said:
Neeshka said:
I hope they fix the mutagen system, nerf quen spamming to make other builds more optimal, and buff the magic/swords trees.
Also a lot more crafting patterns for weapons armor would be nice.
The magic and sword trees were far more powerful than Alchemy though. Unless they buffed it hard post 1.1 maybe?

I have 2 points in the bomb improvement talent in alchemy and could probably get through the game with that if spamming grapeshot didn't start getting boring after a while. Alchemy's fine.

Phelot

Arcane
Elwro said:
You played the first 2 acts? Well, if you want to finish the game quickly, know that you're about 2 hours from the end.

yeah, I heard this and it isn't a lie. Completed Iorveth path last night. Wow that was quick.

Also, I thought there were slides or something showing what happens to different characters? Is this not the case? All I got was the credits

Phelot

Arcane
:( Don't know why I was led to believe there were FO-like slides...

I wish I had finished with BROche. I guess I could dig up the chapter 3 save with him and just finish it. Iorveth was lame and I didn't see BROche at all in chap 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom