Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Expansion

Gerrard

Arcane
Expecting at least one LoK reference in there. Don't fuck it up CDPR.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Toussaint is a city or a castle?

gk5iILafCXPg.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I hope the main game and fist DLC get a good discount during the summer sale. I'll buy this expansion for full price if need be but $60 for a game is to much these days.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I hope the main game and fist DLC get a good discount during the summer sale. I'll buy this expansion for full price if need be but $60 for a game is to much these days.
https://isthereanydeal.com/#/search:witcher 3 wild hunt;/scroll:#gamelist
It's selling at the ~30Euro/Dollar range atm, just figured I'd mention it in case that's low enough for you. Can start with the base game + all free DLC and wait with buying the paid DLC until you finished the game and hope for a discount for the DLC.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
It's selling at the ~30Euro/Dollar range atm, just figured I'd mention it in case that's low enough for you. Can start with the base game + all free DLC and wait with buying the paid DLC until you finished the game and hope for a discount for the DLC.

Eh... Never heard of funstockdigital before. Also I am pretty the completionist in me cannot play the game without all the DLC. It would literally drive me crazy.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Eh... Never heard of funstockdigital before. Also I am pretty the completionist in me cannot play the game without all the DLC. It would literally drive me crazy.

Oh just arr yarr it.. you know that's what your gonna do anyways. :roll:

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2

Neither have I so I understand any hesitation. Have bought at gamesplanet before though and that worked fine, if you're willing to fork over 5 more euro/dollah on the trustworthiness of a codexer. Just finished my second 100% completion binge of witcher 3 a couple of weeks ago and it took me 118 hours according to steam, of which I'd say maybe 10-15 was the expansion. And all expansion content takes place after the main game, so you can finish the game and then hope for a discounted expansion after playing the main game for 80 hours. Do your on mental arithmetic on how much time you have to play in a week and how long the main game will last you.

Mind you, it's your money so do with it what you will, just offering some advice. And odds are indeed that they'll slash the price by 75% or something to hype up the expansion.

Gerrard

Arcane
The game actually was 50% off on GOG last month, and the base price is $50 (it's $45 for me for some reason).
Maybe wait until the expansion is released, they might do another sale then.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Mushroom forest has Morrowind vibe. I only wish it would be darker. Monster is similar to one from Dark souls in first Centipede Demon area with taurus demons around. I don't know how it's called in Dark souls.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
This is almost certainly in reference to the expansion, in addition to the unique katakan you track down and fight in Novigrad. Both had a taste for the blood of drunkards (blood and wine), and wore jewelry, without any explanation being provided.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
why does the expansion look so Disney?

No more Disney than Iorveth's path (Vergen) in TW2 I think. It's just stands out so much because of the stark contrast to the bleak Slavic setting we've become so used to in TW3.

The story does take place far south.

Paul_cz

Arcane
So fucking gorgeous. Yes, it is colorful. It looks exactly how Toussaint should look. I am sure it will give nice contrast to its storyline.

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Blood_and_Wine_Beauclair_is_all_kinds_of_fancy_RGB_EN.png

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Blood_and_Wine_The_Scolopendromorph_--_its_harder_to_kill_than_to_pronounce_its_name_RGB_EN.png

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
big pic of the blondes
The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Blood_and_Wine_Anna_Henrietta_and_her_entourage_RGB_EN.png

The one with the crown banished Dandelion from Toussaint IIRC. So he'll inevitably go there with Geralt in this expansion (CDP hinted that some of the key characters will return).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom