Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Gerrard

Arcane

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I liked Blood and Wine, it gave me an overall feeling of "I'm on a vacation in a warm and sunny non-Burgundy but wih Czech architecture". This was helped by the fact hat it was the last part of the game I played, and I was massively overleveled after 500 hours of completionist exploring the whole world. I found the story fun if unmemorable. Lots of inside humor (the quest where you talk with Roach), easter eggs, "subverted" children's tales. I mainly remember the queen's sister which was transforming into a bird, the mute witch with all the spoons, and something about vampires. From time to time I wantto play it again, but on my last attempt I ran out of steam before I reached that area. My problem with playing Witcher 3 nowadays is that I get enough of the mechanics and want more complexity after playing for hundreds of hours, but when I install mods then progress and playing gets too slow and I run out of steam.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I liked Blood and Wine, it gave me an overall feeling of "I'm on a vacation in a warm and sunny non-Burgundy but wih Czech architecture". This was helped by the fact hat it was the last part of the game I played, and I was massively overleveled after 500 hours of completionist exploring the whole world. I found the story fun if unmemorable. Lots of inside humor (the quest where you talk with Roach), easter eggs, "subverted" children's tales. I mainly remember the queen's sister which was transforming into a bird, the mute witch with all the spoons, and something about vampires. From time to time I wantto play it again, but on my last attempt I ran out of steam before I reached that area. My problem with playing Witcher 3 nowadays is that I get enough of the mechanics and want more complexity after playing for hundreds of hours, but when I install mods then progress and playing gets too slow and I run out of steam.
No i refuse to believe you played for 500h. I entered Touissant at like 90h despite taking my time

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It was 635 when I finished Toussaint and explored every point of interest on that map.

Btw I played RDR2 for 450 hours before I set out to finish the main quest.

Modron

Arcane
I cleared every single minimap marker, did every quest, did the same to both expansions, left the game running while I did other stuff often and steam still says I only played 170 hours.

Ryzer

Arcane
I cleared every single minimap marker, did every quest, did the same to both expansions, left the game running while I did other stuff often and steam still says I only played 170 hours.
You describe this as if it was a chore.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
The guy who predicted that by the time I finish the main game I'll be too tired to go into expansions was right: I've taken a brief hiatus (playing Elder Nig). The shit combat and incessant prattling (and Ciri Sue) have worn me out.

You describe this as if it was a chore.
Doing all the ? content is indeed a chore and I'd never do it. I got tired just doing the main quest and ! content.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The guy who predicted that by the time I finish the main game I'll be too tired to go into expansions was right: I've taken a brief hiatus (playing Elder Nig). The shit combat and incessant prattling (and Ciri Sue) have worn me out.

Can't you start those DLCs without playing the main game? Much better choice than grinding through mind numbing main content for dozens of hours just to play DLCs. HOS is worth the wait but B&W is more of the same base game stuff so don't burn out on base game before getting to it.

BosanskiSeljak is right again, colour me shocked

Cologno

Educated
Then piss off and play something else. Or pay attention to something else, preferably something you enjoy.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Good mods are stil being made.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/8867?tab=posts

8867-1708363716-1253012131.png

8867-1708363568-451952644.png

How the hell is removing a redhead an improvement
Triss was never that much of a redhead, canonically speaking.
In fact she's more of a proper lady rather than an action girl, too. That was a conscious effort from CDPR, don't think Book Triss would be caught dead wearing fricking pants. Her magic allergy is canonical, which explains why every witch hates her: they're all old crones who use magic as plastic surgery, but since Triss can't cast magic on herself, she's just naturally beautiful.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The Witcher 3 Player Finds Easter Egg Hidden Under Novigrad
Almost nine years after launch.

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-witcher-3-player-finds-easter-egg-hidden-under-novigrad
...Easter egg which can only actually be seen by glitching through the map. But if players can force protagonist Geralt under the cobbles of Novigrad they can enter a crevice which contains artwork referencing CD Projekt Red itself.

Drawn in the style of a classic war recruitment poster, this artwork on the side of a cliff face reads "CDPR needs you", with CDPR of course being CD Projekt Red.

screenshot-308-1712917059389.png

Frozen

Arcane

Either something with your steam account is bugged or you skipped a lot in cutscenes (80% of Witcher is cutscenes)

Cologno

Educated
Sounds about right if you actually play (and get through cutscenes) the game. I did two full playthroughs and Steam says I'm shy of 300 hours (not 100%'d, but most content done).

I remember finishing the base game in around 70 hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom