Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thi4f screenshot

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/25/first ... t-appears/

Thief-4-schreenshot-1-590x358.jpg

So it's designed around third-person, just like Deadly Shadows.

Confirmed for popamole console shit.

Also notice what seems to be the lack of a health bar, which could mean it's taking the same route as Deus Ex: Human Revolution and going with regenerating health. :x

ortucis

Prophet
Looks good (if real). But also looks like Assassins Creed. Whatever, I will enjoy it, loved Deadly Shadows (I switched to third person on streets only in that game).

Suicidal

Arcane
It's gonna be a popamole cover shooter with bows, mark my words.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
PossibleCensoredT4Screens.jpg

First-person perspective.

There, happy now?

(Propably not when you see the gamepads.)

MetalCraze

Arcane
How the fuck can you jump from roof to roof in a huge level using a gamepad without autograb bullshit from Ass Creed?

Oh wait did I say "roof to roof in a huge level"? My bad - these are consoles - at best you'll just climb walls in levels consisting of 2-3 streets like in that shitty Ass Creed.

And your best friend Quest Compass will lead you to the guy you need to assassinate and his loot, while you'll be killing enemies standing in the linear corridor you need to go through facing away from you. Then you will press the "sneak" button and start crouching but somehow will become invisible to everyone.

Now every fucking retard will say he's a Thief fan.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Honestly, did you expect anything else?

Goodbye, my good old Thief, a retarded impostor will claim your throne, the popamole crowd will cheer him and journalists whores will appease him. But we will always remember you, the one and only king of stealth. :salute:

Calem Ravenna

Scholar
Suicidal said:
It's gonna be a popamole cover shooter with bows, mark my words.

Actually, that could probably be the best thing to happen to this. What I mean is, it's going to be worthless anyway, but going full retard and making it a cover shooter with bows? Might enter the "so bad it's good" territory, at least for the first couple of minutes, until the 'novelty' wears off.

Also, the visage on the bottom left monitor looks familiar.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
BTW, LOL at all the drama queens in this thread for saying how this confirms that Thief 4 will be shit and a dumbed-down console title.

I'm not saying that it won't be, and everything actually points to that direction, but would it kill you to wait until you know it for certain?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Unkillable Cat said:
BTW, LOL at all the drama queens in this thread for saying how this confirms that Thief 4 will be shit and a dumbed-down console title.

I'm not saying that it won't be, and everything actually points to that direction, but would it kill you to wait until you know it for certain?

DRAMA QUEEN? FUCK YOU

*KILLS SMALL CAT*

AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Peter

Arcane
Spellcaster said:
This is ridiculous beyond belief. As someone said on T4 forums, first person is highly appreciated by newfags and consoletards. If you take Fallout for example, it went from isometric to first person in order to appeal to the retarded masses. Thus, it's completely insane to remove from this series a POV with so much acceptance. That's terrible design decision by default.

They want it to look like Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell n shit, I'm guessing.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Peter said:
Spellcaster said:
This is ridiculous beyond belief. As someone said on T4 forums, first person is highly appreciated by newfags and consoletards. If you take Fallout for example, it went from isometric to first person in order to appeal to the retarded masses. Thus, it's completely insane to remove from this series a POV with so much acceptance. That's terrible design decision by default.

They want it to look like Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell n shit, I'm guessing.

Fixed.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02 ... ent-629690

Sources near the project (on it, really) say:

There is a light gem.
The 3rd person was a test, it’s not the case anymore.
The bow is the animation. He’s taking out the bow at that time. He holds it a bit slanted ” / “.
The light wasn’t properly done in this build, so it’s supposed to be dark, that’s what the red line says in the top left corner.

I think that’s about it !

Take it with a grain of salt I guess, but I want to believe.

Should get some proper footage once Game Developers Conference starts next monday.

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
Reconite said:
which could mean it's taking the same route as Deus Ex: Human Revolution and going with regenerating health. :x

Even if true, it's not that important and rage worthy a change for this particular franchise. If you are taking damage in a Thief game, you' re playing it wrong anyway.

xemous

Arcane
even if the developers tried to make a classic thief game they would not succeed because they don't have the talent nor the will.

you'll never get another thief! never!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Metro said:
Street lamps? What era is it set in?

Some faggot never played Thief before I see....

Spellcaster said:
Also, the game is completely purple-blue, following EM's philosophy of "a game has a tight art direction if the colour palette is summed in about 1-3 tones".

Another faggot never played Thief: DS I see....

Dr.Faust

Liturgist
Chaotic Lulz3r said:
Reconite said:
which could mean it's taking the same route as Deus Ex: Human Revolution and going with regenerating health. :x

Even if true, it's not that important and rage worthy a change for this particular franchise. If you are taking damage in a Thief game, you' re playing it wrong anyway.

Then again if you do have regenerating health fucking up will have no consequences. Kill the guard, regen any health lost in the fight, repeat.

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
Dr.Faust said:
Chaotic Lulz3r said:
Reconite said:

Then again if you do have regenerating health fucking up will have no consequences. Kill the guard, regen any health lost in the fight, repeat.

Retards will be retards, there is nothing you can do to force them to play properly, with "consequences" for fucking up that one can easily cheat around, and whose effectiveness is based purely on suspension of disbelief in all single player games anyway.

Proper taffers will ghost because that's the way we enjoy playing these games, not to avoid "consequences" like wandering around with half health (the horror! :roll:). The rest can go in and try to play like it is Serious Sam 4 ( or is that Serious S4m?) for all I care.

Unless gameplay has changed so much that getting into fights with guards is the only way to complete a mission :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom