Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is old and tired, we want a new one.

The current header is...?

• Perfect!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good for what it is.

• Much better than that shitty bird.

• Yeah that shitty bird sucked didn't it?

• Thank God that shitty bird is gone. That really sucked. Also it was shitty.

• I am very upset about Codex Democracy.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

dragonfk

Erudite
anomie said:
dragonfk said:
FeelTheRads said:
Fuck that, doesn't matter who invented it, if the nazis used then it's bad, because a bunch of fucktards who didn't even had grandparents close to whatever the fuck happened there get butthurt.

As a matter of fact my grand grandfathers sister died in Sahsenhausen.

Ehhh man I don't know about all that. You never knew her personally, so I don't really see the issue. It's stupid that we pretend symbolism is some amazingly persuasive thing. Nazi Germany no longer exists; neo-nazis are not taken seriously, and it's stupid to even allow Nazi related imagery affect you in the way it is.

Allowing yourself to be offended by a picture is just as stupid as a black person allowing himself to be offended by the word "nigger". You are the only person making the image offensive, because you are allowing yourself to be offended by it. Think of the eagle as a fucking eagle, and that's it. It's simply satire.

I may have come across as a very, very butthurt person on this issue. Usually I am not, but the stupidity and immaturity of having that logo on our forum just unleashed in me a bit of rage. Symbolism is very important in human life. Sometimes it allows one to endure though times and sometimes it's carrying a reminder of bad things. I just don't see a reason why we should be proud or feel canny about making an equation between our elitist approach to video games and "elitist" approach of Nazis to human races.

PS. Also I don't mind the logo we have right now. My posts were aimed at the one that was before.

Fucking Quality Poster

I really like the troll ones. They are what I envision the future Codex using as its header :cool:

dragonfk

Erudite
anomie said:
dragonfk said:
neutral

You may block it from yourself, but it won't change the fact that this symbol bears a negative association for most people. And because of that I didn't want it to be our logo.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I like the troll ones, esp. the one carrying the dice on its back, but I must admit the current bird gentleman has a certain charm.

Lulz at the rolls.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
dragonfk said:
anomie said:
dragonfk said:
neutral

You may block it from yourself, but it won't change the fact that this symbol bears a negative association for most people. And because of that I didn't want it to be our logo.
"Most people." Who are these most people? And while we're on the subject, I would like to have the Codex troll removed from the site immediately. You see, back where I come from I was raised to believe that trolls were evil forest dwellers who kidnapped children and turned them into slaves.

I have to say that I overall preferred the blinky dos logo, though. Die, not floppy.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I'm late to the party, not as good as all the other proposals, but...

thisisthenewshit.png

dragonfk

Erudite
Andyman Messiah said:
dragonfk said:
anomie said:
dragonfk said:
neutral

"Most people." Who are these most people? And while we're on the subject, I would like to have the Codex troll removed from the site immediately. You see, back where I come from I was raised to believe that trolls were evil forest dwellers who kidnapped children and turned them into slaves.

Funny you became one yourself.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
dragonfk said:
Andyman Messiah said:
dragonfk said:
anomie said:
dragonfk said:
neutral

Funny you became one yourself.
All I'm saying is you better leave eagles damn well alone, friend.

Focus on the evil, kid-kidnapping trolls!!!

dragonfk

Erudite
Okey. Then I vote to hell with trolls and you'll back me up with eagles. Deal?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Clockwork Knight said:
Ratatosk said:
Not sure if the CodexTroll idea hasn´t come up yet, but anyway my 5c:

codextroll2.jpg

codextroll.jpg

ZOMG THIS !!! The bird is unrelated and randum

ninja edit: oh, just noticed you can rol it.

You roll 20 :: You rolled a FATE unlock code!!

Either the die is loaded or me and Crispy are both very lucky

real edit: btw, as funny as it may seem for codexers, having a logo that can be associated with nazism in any way (dumb viewer or smart viewer, doesn't matter) isn't a great idea if you want interviews and the like.

:D :cool:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
dragonfk said:
Okey. Then I vote to hell with trolls and you'll back me up with eagles. Deal?
Well, to be honest I don't really like the eagle logo either. As I've said, I much prefer the majestic blinky dos thing. The devil is cool too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom