Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is the old shit; Let's Play Baldur's Gate (Completed)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Good stuff.

bglp099.jpg

Wtf happened to Jaheira? Did mf-Sheppard evaporized her for being disobedient, and then reconnected her molecules because he needed healing?

Edward_R_Murrow said:
Diplomacy....worked?

Well...it's far from diplomacy...but I'm pretty sure you can only pull that line off with a high charisma. That is to say, everyone can say it, but I think only higher charisma will let it work. Charisma is actually sorta useful in Baldur's Gate.

I think you get more exp and loot with killing, though, so I wouldn't say diplomacy is useful.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
DraQ said:
BTW: Will BG1->BG2 porting prevent me from using kits?

Not at all, you can choose a kit just as if you created your character and I think the weapon proficiencies are even reset so you can reattribute the points as you see fit.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Be sure to charm the necromancer and some bounty hunters for some backstory. I don't remember if greywolf worked.

ghostdog said:
Good stuff.

bglp099.jpg

Wtf happened to Jaheira? Did mf-Sheppard evaporized her for being disobedient, and then reconnected her molecules because he needed healing?

DraQ said:
BTW: Don't post screens where the characters/whatever you want to show are bugged into invisibility.

It just doesn't work.
Do some more write-up instead, or something.

Yeah...I really don't know what's going on. With some of the later stuff, I started taking screenshots obsessively because I couldn't quite figure out the root of the problem. At first I thought it was just whenever I had my cursor over a sprite and the scroll thing popped up that was causing the glitch. But that doesn't seem to be the issue after some testing?

Anyone here happen to use MWSnap with Infinity Engine Games and run into this before?

SCO said:
Be sure to charm the necromancer and some bounty hunters for some backstory. I don't remember if greywolf worked.

Huh. You can do that? I'm probably a little too far to do much of that anymore, but for reference, do you know what NPCs can be dealt with like that?

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Edward_R_Murrow said:
I'm probably a little too far to do much of that anymore, but for reference, do you know what NPCs can be dealt with like that?

That fat spider girl in the cave can be charmed and delivers some backstory. It's the only one I know.

Nice LP btw. Thank god we don't have sounds, so we didn't go through the agonizing process of hearing them xvarts burping to death over and over.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Huh. You can do that? I'm probably a little too far to do much of that anymore, but for reference, do you know what NPCs can be dealt with like that?

Dire charm Yes. There was the necromancer, some of the bounty hunters (i remember this guy in naskell maybe), Centeol (the spider queen), the first flaming fist soldier, Taugosz Khosann and Ardenor Crush in the bandit camp, Marl, chapter 7 flaming fist, maybe Davaeorn etc. Lots of them really.

In true bioware fashion the end result is the same. But hey, at least they tried.

Also proving the :decline: in BG II there is exactly 1 situation like this i think, the captain of Nalia keep.

Looking at this
http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?auto ... owfile=506

It appears you might not be able to see this if using tutu.

Edit: ho some pc if not recruted yet are charmable:
Dynaheir, Kivan and Eldoth. Bioware you whores.

DraQ

Arcane
Edward_R_Murrow said:
DraQ said:
Why don't you just use in-game screenshot functionality, then batch convert the screenshots to some manageable format? :?

That's what I would like to do, but in game screenshots can't capture dialogue, unfortunately.
They don't work during dialogue?

But even then, the dialogue should be available in the text window after you go through it, IIRC.

Re: So

Elzair said:
When will the next update be ready?

Choices and consequences time!

Does everyone want me to

A.) Skip the screenshot gap of Shepard and crew doing a lot of sidequests and get an update sooner with the possibility of Shepard going black in time at a later date to recreate the screenshots.

B.) Wait awhile while I get the stamina to backtrack.

C.) This is like that thing fake skyway was talking about.

Discuss!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Use fraps for screenshot capture.

Also, do a fake "previously on motherfucker Sheppard" about the sidequests with journal pics and character portraits talking.

skyway

Educated
Also, do a fake "previously on motherfucker Sheppard" about the sidequests with journal pics and character portraits talking.

Elzair

Cipher
MOAR!!

At this point, can you skip the sidequests and provide an update?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer

Radisshu

Prophet

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom