Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline This site has gone to shit.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
the whole fucking point was that the posters were active and posted a lot in library and now it doesn't have them to create more traffic (discussion) n shit
I bought this up with the HQ and they claim that none of the posters were even heavy library posters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
yeah, not sure who smaug even means

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
the whole fucking point was that the posters were active and posted a lot in library and now it doesn't have them to create more traffic (discussion) n shit
I bought this up with the HQ and they claim that none of the posters were even heavy library posters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
they weren't but it was just enough to produce good traffic

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

I can explain it very simply:

random joe blow: 2 posts a week
rusty: 100000 posts an hour

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
1700071284706.png

crusty confidently at top of the list with almost 5000 posts since February this year. :lol:

Runner-up (who is maidenhaver?) has less than half as many posts, and the third in the list (GhostCow... didn't he self-eject?) has half again as much.

The list shows there's about 15-20 active posters on crusty's RPGCodex clone, mostly crusty himself.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
maidenhaver claims to have his RPGCodex account redirected to a rehab clinic, but also claims that he is NOT SDG... so Hando? SlamDrunk? Another one of the codex alcoholics? That's the #2 poster on HQ, after crusty himself.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think the reaction was for the lack of logic in Smaug's argument, if the HQ had taken such a large portion of active posters, why then didn't these posters didn't create the same kind of activity over there? The reality is, that only an insignificant portion of posters went to the HQ
When you like a forum that has x traffic, and y posters leave that leaves one forum with y traffic and the other with x-y traffic. Neither are busy enough to suit his taste.
goodfellas-shinebox.gif

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
maidenhaver claims to have his RPGCodex account redirected to a rehab clinic, but also claims that he is NOT SDG... so Hando? SlamDrunk? Another one of the codex alcoholics? That's the #2 poster on HQ, after crusty himself.
The site's code doesn't support individual posters getting redirected to specific sites. All redirects point to to the rehab center if that's where DU sets it.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The site's code doesn't support individual posters getting redirected to specific sites. All redirects point to to the rehab center if that's where DU sets it.

Some poor sucker who got watchwitz'd years ago comes back to the codex for the first time wondering why it's now a support community for alcoholics.

BruceVC

Magister
After Rusty created his new site, he took a large group of actually active posters with him

Then why don't you post on the HQ faggot
Because it’s shit and inactive

Ah yes, the "No-True-Good-Poster" logic. One of DU's favorites whenever he's looking to invent reasons to ban people.

There's always this ~mysterious group of amazing posters~ who recently left, or are discussing RPG's in some utopia sub-forum. Strangely you can never name or quote a single one of them and they only manifest when discrediting people in an argument.

One day I hope to find this group of mystical posters.

The legends - if true, speak of a celestial heaven where all these grognard no-drama posters seem so happy and bright eyed. Their souls filled with wonder.. discussing all those ~amazing RPGs~ that are constantly releasing every year. Not Shartfield or Bear Gay 3.. Noo... the good RPG's.. you know the ones.. right? They must exist, this mystical group of posters seems to happily be playing them and discussing them.. somewhere.
This post is the most convincing and honest response to smaug hyperbolic and unfounded original post

But I want to add to it. What is the main factor for me in staying on any forum are the topics and the activity. With the latter point being the most important consideration. And Codex has a myriad of both interesting and informative gaming topics that many members contribute towards and of course you also get your drama queens raging about " degeneracy " and US culture war garbage obsessed comments. But thats an Internet reality. The point Im making is you can just ignore those views and focus on the relevant posts. So for example the BG3 " bear sex scene " attempts to hijack the BG3 threads didnt change the discussion around the actual game which most people were interested in

And then I also enjoy the political debates and I appreciate the Codex policy of allowing real freedom of speech, I often dont agree with certain views and posts but I respect people's right to make those posts. Even the most vile bigotry shouldn't be banned in the context of a forum like Codex. I am sure there are other forums similar to Codex who allow this level of freedom of speech but I have never come across them

But all this of this would be moot and pointless without activity and Codex is a busy website. You can create as many new forums as you like but without user activity they become boring and echo-chambers which are the epitome of boring for me

So smaug concern doesn't reflect the reality of what most people think about Codex, I hear some comments about King Crispy and other moderators being accused of unfair banning of users and shutting down discussions but in the 2 years I have been active on Codex I haven't actually come across this or experienced it. So for me this is just exaggeration and more drama

In summary things like shoutbox shouldn't define what Codex is about, this is still one of the best and most busy places to discuss games and where you can share your honest opinion about politics without getting banned. And I hope Codex stays like that and doesn't ever change

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
After Rusty created his new site, he took a large group of actually active posters with him

Then why don't you post on the HQ faggot
Because it’s shit and inactive

Ah yes, the "No-True-Good-Poster" logic. One of DU's favorites whenever he's looking to invent reasons to ban people.

There's always this ~mysterious group of amazing posters~ who recently left, or are discussing RPG's in some utopia sub-forum. Strangely you can never name or quote a single one of them and they only manifest when discrediting people in an argument.

One day I hope to find this group of mystical posters.

The legends - if true, speak of a celestial heaven where all these grognard no-drama posters seem so happy and bright eyed. Their souls filled with wonder.. discussing all those ~amazing RPGs~ that are constantly releasing every year. Not Shartfield or Bear Gay 3.. Noo... the good RPG's.. you know the ones.. right? They must exist, this mystical group of posters seems to happily be playing them and discussing them.. somewhere.
This post is the most convincing and honest response to smaug hyperbolic and unfounded original post

But I want to add to it. What is the main factor for me in staying on any forum are the topics and the activity. With the latter point being the most important consideration. And Codex has a myriad of both interesting and informative gaming topics that many members contribute towards and of course you also get your drama queens raging about " degeneracy " and US culture war garbage obsessed comments. But thats an Internet reality. The point Im making is you can just ignore those views and focus on the relevant posts. So for example the BG3 " bear sex scene " attempts to hijack the BG3 threads didnt change the discussion around the actual game which most people were interested in

And then I also enjoy the political debates and I appreciate the Codex policy of allowing real freedom of speech, I often dont agree with certain views and posts but I respect people's right to make those posts. Even the most vile bigotry shouldn't be banned in the context of a forum like Codex. I am sure there are other forums similar to Codex who allow this level of freedom of speech but I have never come across them

But all this of this would be moot and pointless without activity and Codex is a busy website. You can create as many new forums as you like but without user activity they become boring and echo-chambers which are the epitome of boring for me

So smaug concern doesn't reflect the reality of what most people think about Codex, I hear some comments about King Crispy and other moderators being accused of unfair banning of users and shutting down discussions but in the 2 years I have been active on Codex I haven't actually come across this or experienced it. So for me this is just exaggeration and more drama

In summary things like shoutbox shouldn't define what Codex is about, this is still one of the best and most busy places to discuss games and where you can share your honest opinion about politics without getting banned. And I hope Codex stays like that and doesn't ever change
1700121693815.gif

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The shoutbox was too much drama even for DU. The Codex drama capacitors overloaded. Powering up the box twice a year for a day is enough to fully charge them.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The shoutbox was too much drama even for DU. The Codex drama capacitors overloaded. Powering up the box twice a year for a day is enough to fully charge them.
24 hours isn't enough for any drama to happen, it's more of a chillbox. As far as I can tell, all the drama just moved to Prosperium thanks to SDG being quarantined there.

Semiurge

Cipher
So Prosperium is literally the Codex insane asylum.
No, only the insaner asylum, Codex itself is the insane asylum

Yeah, Codex is the relaxed minimum security ward where you're free to roam, and Prosperium is the closed one for chronics and incurables. A visual demonstration of the latter:

30-BKS-MCGRATH-SUB-article-Large.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom