Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THQ goes bankrupt - Sega gets Relic, Gearbox gets Homeworld, Deep Silver gets Metro and Saints Row

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interesting, this might actually turn out as a improvement for Relic.

SEGA likes jacking up prices, so I hope you got all the Relic stuff in the last Steam sale.

Dexter

Arcane
If this turns out true, I might have to buy this to thank SEGA:

Also it looks kinda fun. :oops:

hiver

South park studios filed an objection against THQ, claiming that THQ has no rights to sell Stick of Truth to third parties - and that they still hold all rights to the property which should revert back to them in entirety - while they will reimburse THQ for the money already spent on the development.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/22/sou...tion-of-the-stick-of-truth-publishing-rights/

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...iles-objection-to-thq-sale-of-stick-of-truth/

/

rumors:

Investment blogger 'Distressed Debt' said on Twitter that "sources indicate Ubisoft has emerged as a contending bidder for certain THQ assets". Later in the day, Wired editor Chris Kohler said the South Park game has been acquired by Ubisoft.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Total Warhammer - Fantasy

Anyone else imagining the possibilities?

The only thing missing is SEGA getting the WH40k license, which might actually happen after they already got the Warhammer Fantasy license.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Also lol @ Homefront IP being worth anything. I suppose $500k is a drop in the bucket, though.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Also lol @ Homefront IP being worth anything. I suppose $500k is a drop in the bucket, though.
Well to be fair Crytek UK were already making Homefront 2 so might as well own the IP they spent a year or two of development on. Especially at that price if this is all true.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not surprising if there is still an active amount of bidding. Keep in mind the whole purpose of bankruptcy proceedings is to give creditors a chance to recover as much money as possible.

Dexter

Arcane
Warner Bros. and UbiSoft are supposedly fighting over Volition and the Saint's Row IP.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Fuck, I would actually pay cash to see a stream of the auction.

Hellraiser

Arcane

How much did THQ spend on marketing Homefront though? It was something ridiculous IIRC. For 500k you may be saving quite a bit on brand recognition.

Doesn't change the fact that it was a generic shooter with a retarded premise.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I would like to see Red Faction back to the first person.

Dexter

Arcane

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Deep Silver?
Good bye Red Faction:salute:

deuxhero

Arcane
Am I missing something about Deep Silver? Wikipedia indicates they just publish in countries where the native publisher isn't active.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom