Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Time Travel! Yesterday's backup put back.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
oh shut up KC you arbitrarily retardo threads that would otherwise have flourished into great things
Sigh. Again, the same three people keep saying this over and over but never give me any examples.
YES this was a huge contributing factor to the "revolution" antics
Funny how it hasn't been mentioned until now.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Maybe Spacemoose is talking about these threads:
spacemoose.jpg

xedoc gpr

Scholar
Don't mess with KC, he is far too sophisticated for our small minds to handle.

spacemoose

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
oh shut up KC you arbitrarily retardo threads that would otherwise have flourished into great things
Sigh. Again, the same three people keep saying this over and over but never give me any examples.
again, I'm behind a proxy and can't link threads, I'm sure others can INDULGE you, since there's no lack of examples

just today: Jasede's religion thread, the LARP thing

and recent ones off the top of my head: Un Oso, Join Einzatzguruppe Viking

Funny how it hasn't been mentioned until now.
funny how you apparently didn't read any of those posts, as your censure was mentioned explicitly

Jora

Arcane
xedoc gpr said:
Don't mess with KC, he is far too sophisticated for our small minds to handle.
I didn't think that (=KC being too sophisticated for you) would be possible but you seem to be absolutely fucking right. I don't mean much disrespect but are you eating the wrong kinds of mushrooms?

This has been the most absurd week the Codex has ever seen.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
again, I'm behind a proxy and can't link threads
You've already used this excuse. You don't need links. Is there something about posting through your proxy that keeps you from reading Retardoland and then telling me which threads?
funny how you apparently didn't read any of those posts, as your censure was mentioned explicitly
Any of what posts? Where? Nobody said anything about my moderatorship until you three saw an opportunity to strike out at someone you already didn't like.

edit-
Jasede's religion thread
The moment someone complained I agreed that it was a mistake. I don't have the power to move it back but I would have if I could have.
the LARP thing
What LARP thing?
Un Oso, Join Einzatzguruppe Viking
These are exactly the stupid pointless threads that have been clogging up GD.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
One egregious example of abuse was you altering TWD's 'what codexer would u do' poll and not adding pooper's name, then retardo'ing it right when ixg and I had an opportunity to make some progress on picture mining. That case right there destroyed my confidence in your ability to abuse your power in a proper manner.

Calis

Pensionado
Jora said:
This has been the most absurd week the Codex has ever seen.
Yeah. I'm wondering if anyone will make a t-shirt design based on this, I know Aptyp and a few others have t-shirts to commemorate SolInvictusGate.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
KC, about retardoing the Un Oso and Einsatzgruppe Viking thread: myself, I can't really appreciate most lulz, but those threads had potential to involve into something hilarious, like Multiheaded Dicks. I think you should be a bit less hasty in moving them. At least wait like a week until the lulz/post ration dimnisishes. Now that they aren't on the frontpage anymore it shoudln't matter, after all.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Is there anyone who actually has an honest opinion who thinks I've been doing a bad job as a mod? If DU or VD or Calis or a bunch of the other regulars here think that my moderation has reached "absurd levels" like Nutsack's silly exaggeration in the other thread I would be able to take them seriously. When it's just the same handful of people who have been giving me flak nonstop for my entire time here you'll have to forgive me for knowing you are pursuing a personal vendetta rather than actually complaining about my moderatorship.

spacemoose

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
ut posting through your proxy that keeps you from reading Retardoland and then telling me which threads?

Let's all hate Christians / Religion
Roleplaying forum
Au Revior III: Clobberin' Time
The meaning of life
Un Oso
Question
Join Einsatzgruppe Viking
Favorite homosexual Codexer?
Manatee for Codex Mascot?
Drugs are death
Prominent furries
Killing me won't bring back your goddamn honey!
Let's Pokébattle!

that makes a good initial list I think

update:

A solution to the German problem
Is accurately predicting the future impossible?
Undetected Sarcasm

Any of what posts? Where? Nobody said anything about my moderatorship until you three saw an opportunity to strike out at someone you already didn't like.
the "revolution" agitation posts. I'd ask you to stop being a thick idiot, but I guess its too much to expect

xedoc gpr

Scholar
I didn't think that (=KC being too sophisticated for you) would be possible but you seem to be absolutely fucking right. I don't mean much disrespect but are you eating the wrong kinds of mushrooms?

I was being sarcastic, by the way.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I've never really kept up with GD but lately I've noticed a decrease in the utterly pointless retardo threads I run across. Now if someone could just ban chefe... ;)

spacemoose

Erudite
look these are the kind of threads that keep this place alive and a fun place to visit. why not set aside a subforum just for them

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Let's all hate Christians / Religion
I already said I'd admitted that one was a mistake and I wouldn't mind it being moved back. Are you saying that I'm a horrible mod pursuiing my own agenda when I was ready to change my mind at Jasede's very first complaint?

I'm looking at most of your list and I see nothing but spam threads. Is that what you are upset about, that I've been retardo'ing spam threads? I especially like your inclusion of these particular ones. Guys, look at these threads and see how awful a moderator I am for retardo'ing them:
Au Revior III: Clobberin' Time - This is Chefe's third goodbye thread
Join Einsatzgruppe Viking
Favorite homosexual Codexer?
Manatee for Codex Mascot?
Prominent furries
Killing me won't bring back your goddamn honey!
Let's Pokébattle!

I'd ask you to stop being a thick idiot, but I guess its too much to expect
I'd ask you to start being honest, but I guess its too much to expect.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Yeah, I wouldn't mind a small sub-forum purely for joke thread - don't wanna read them, don't go to that forum!

Good idea.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
What exactly are you implying?
That if it's just Spacemoose, GPR, and Nutcracker who are complaining I'm not sure why I should be taking this criticism seriously. Maybe someone can go out and bring Seven or Bryce back to the forums so we can have an impartial third party perspective, haha.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
dagorkan said:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind a small sub-forum purely for joke thread - don't wanna read them, don't go to that forum!

Good idea.

See, here's where our views differ: I thought we already had a sub-forum like that. It's called General Discussion.

spacemoose

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
I'd ask you to start being honest, but I guess its too much to expect.
well how about this: I give you my word that if a DMZ type subforum is established where you don't have any mod powers. you're never going to hear anything about your moderating style from me ever again.

dagorkan

Arbiter
We should have both. Serious Business Discussion for serious businessmen, a lulz thread for the retarded lulz' kids and those of us who swing both ways.

dagorkan

Arbiter
I'm going to make myself unpopular with this, but you could even make Spacemoose moderator of the Lulz forum. Give him an incentive not to spam, you know. Any serious comment or intelligent would be automatically retardo'ed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom