Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Too Human?

Heresiarch

Prophet
Anyone heard of this game? Seems to be a Hellgate-done-right to me, what with Norse mythology mixed with cyberpunk stuff. You fight with melee weapons or powerful guns, and the grafix look MUCH better than hellgate. The developer is Sillicon Knight, which have brought out only a few but mostly wonderful stuff (include Dark Legions, Legacy of Kain, Eternal Darkness).

Granted it's only on 360 now, but if it's good and if it got ported to PC I might get interested to play it in future.

BTW gamespot gave it a shitty 5.5, but wtf, we all know gamespot reviews roxxorz.

Jamshh

Novice
I'm afraid I don't remember. However, I can say that GameSpot pushes/probes the hapless gaming community a tad much. Paid registrations? Experience and levelling? I just subscribed in the hope that I can write reviews, but unfortunately that ain't the case. No, apparently I have to become integrated in the community and level-up, as it were, before I can do anything.

Well, either that, or slip some coin. :roll:

Norek

Novice
Well the demo was actually pretty fun from the small section of the game that they gave you. The only complaint I had with it was the weird combat controls that required you to use the right analog stick to fight, but after about a few minutes playing you get the hang of it. Also, I hear a lot of people are complaining about the camera too but its seriously not that bad. (granted I didn't realize the game started the first time I played through the demo cause it was trying to do the whole CINEMATIC feel)
The demo alone was better then Hellgate though and the story was pretty interesting.

I liked the demo, but the camera was shitty. I posted my impressions on the demo a few weeks ago in General Gaming. I might check out the game when it hits the bargain bin.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I played the demo a while back. Controls were utter shit and the setting seems pretty retarded. Combat wasn't very fun either with its bad analog controls and the animation for shooting pistols just looked retarded and poorly done; gun combat in general felt pretty boring and bad. Camera seemed pretty shit too; it would always focus on something in the environment instead of giving you full control. Fuck this game; it's just another shitty Diablo clone. Weird it took them so many goddamn years just to make one.

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
I played the demo. Should've been called Too Shit.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
Game wasn't terribly bad, what killed it for me is how goddamn easy it was. If you die, you respawn at the savepoint with the enemies just as fucked up as before. Like bioshock but you can't turn it off.

Total shit.

Micmu

Magister
BLOBERT said:
Game wasn't terribly bad, what killed it for me is how goddamn easy it was. If you die, you respawn at the savepoint with the enemies just as fucked up as before. Like bioshock but you can't turn it off.

Total shit.
Haha, like that two worlds wreckage [except you don't respawn at savepoints but special respawn altars which are everywhere]. Apparently, this is all the rage now.

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
micmu said:
BLOBERT said:

Total shit.
Haha, like that two worlds wreckage [except you don't respawn at savepoints but special respawn altars which are everywhere]. Apparently, this is all the rage now.

Don't be slagging off Two Worlds now. The voice acting in that game makes it worth every penny. I honestly haven't laughed so much at a game before or since.

I think I nearly pissed myself when I was ambushed by a bunch of guys with their shirts off and one of them kept demanding that he have my pants.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom