Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Top Freeware RPGs of 2010

Jason

chasing a bee
<p>IndieGames is counting down the <a href="http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2011/01/feature_top_freeware_roleplayi.html" target="_blank">freeware RPG hits</a> of 2010, including a few I've never seen, like <a href="http://www.yoyogames.com/games/110259-dungeons-of-fayte" target="_blank">Dungeons of Fayte</a> at #5.</p>
<blockquote>Dungeons of Fayte is 'a non-linear, replayable RPG/Sim' that supports up to four participants on the same computer. Players spend time building up their stats by doing farm work/guard duty/visiting the pub, then set out on a quest at the end of each month to beat up green blobs and undead skeletons. There is an insane amount of content here, and with it a lot of replay value.</blockquote>
<p>You can probably guess which game is at #1.</p>
<p> </p>

bylam

Funcom
Developer
Hehe, I beta tested Dungeons of Fayte.
It was made by a couple of designers I work with. Brent and Tanya. Pretty good considering the amount of time they spent on it (couple of weeks, IIRC). I think they made it for an indie game competition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom