Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Two White Men on a Mission from Gawd

Erebus

Arcane
Do guys really like those HUGE thingies? I mean, I can admire a good pair as much as any but isn't it kind of gross when it does reach that point? :?

Male artists usually get carried away when it comes to breast size. It's nothing new, really :

200px-Venus_von_Willendorf_01.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
There was actually a similar co-op action game coming, the one with the vampires from Deck13, but it seemed to have turned into vaporware at this point.

Erebus

Arcane
Back to dungeons filled with traps, I take it !

From what I can see, the stealth mechanics don't look too bad, considering they're not the focus of the game.

Obvious and pointless betrayals are of course common in video games, but that dude with the bucket on his head reached impressive heights of obviousness and pointlessness.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
It's nice when your henchman occasionally grabs a foe so you can finish them off. Better AI than 90% of AAA games (your henchman in Hunted Demon's Forge actually does the same, too).

And they don't die in 10 seconds when left alone so you don't have to babysit them.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It's nice when your henchman occasionally grabs a foe so you can finish them off. Better AI than 90% of AAA games (your henchman in Hunted Demon's Forge actually does the same, too).

And they don't die in 10 seconds when left alone so you don't have to babysit them.

They're actually too good at staying alive actually, much better than Dynasty Warriors.
Like I said before, if Binary Domain / Mass Effect had actually implemented these 'squad swaps' gameplay would've been more interesting, especially with how differently Krogan handle online.

Erebus

Arcane
Thingies get all the attention. What about stuffies? :(

The Grail is pretty much the ultimate thingy, so I suspect stuffies simply won't get their fair share of attention in this game.

DarthBehemoth

Learned
It is nice to see a game where you don't have to continuously babysit your squad. I think this is the first game since Republic Commando in which I didn't need to worry about what my squad was up to.

Erebus

Arcane
Even when you're on a super-important and urgent mission, I guess there's no escaping merchants who want you to bring them back their stolen goods.

Erebus

Arcane
That's completely different. There's always time to be found for a young and sexy woman to take a bath. If Celian wasn't such a eunuch, he'd realize it's just as valuable a reward for this quest as actually having something to drink.

Erebus

Arcane
Combat does seem to be annoyingly repetitive. Most enemies have to be humans since the game is not fantasy, but surely, more diversity would have been possible.

On the plus side, for once, you can use traps to annoy your foes.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Seriously, in that last mission I was very angry cause if you trigger an alert and the timer runs out before you deal with the guards, it's automatic game over.
Thankfully the next mission is even more annoying. Cannot wait to get this game over with. Jesus fuck.

Erebus

Arcane
I have to admit, this looked boring as fuck.

The increasingly "subtle" hints that Celian actually is the first templar are pretty terrible, but the fact that our heroes simply refuse to get it makes the whole thing even worse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom