Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ubisoft DRM cracked

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Crack group skidrow released Assass Crack 2. I guess the other online platform service whatevershamong games are released soon as well.

Well it was a good 2 months or whatever, Ubi.

(It's not server emulated).

racofer

Thread Incliner
If it was a good game I'm sure pirates would've put more effort into it and made it faster. However, it doesn't change the fact that future games that are shipped with this kind of stuff will now be cracked much faster, thus making that million dollar investment into anti-piracy mambo jambo a total waste, as usual.

racofer said:
it doesn't change the fact that future games that are shipped with this kind of stuff will now be cracked much faster
Not really.
[url=http://www.nfohump.com/index.php?switchto=nfos&menu=quicknav&item=viewnfo&id=144150:r8zzc3l2]NFO[/url] said:
lolyouprotectacrack.png
SKiDROW are jerks. Also, this is pretty ironic how crackers are putting protection on something they've just cracked. So much for fighting for freedom.

But maybe they're just afraid that GOG will steal their crack in 10 years from now on or something.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
-=DarlSephiroth666=- said:
But maybe they're just afraid that GOG will steal their crack in 10 years from now on or something.

:lol:

overtenemy

Augur
Who gives a fuck about Ass Creed dubble, where's the Silent Hunter 5 crack? (and the 1000 mods to make it playable)

relootz

Scholar
Holy shit 2 months? Are u serieus Zed? It took 2 month to crack it?

Raapys

Arcane
SKiDROW are jerks. Also, this is pretty ironic how crackers are putting protection on something they've just cracked. So much for fighting for freedom.

Well, it'd be pretty silly to release it without protection only to have Ubisoft take a look at it and effortlessly find out exactly how they cracked it.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Damn 2 months? This sucks because it means that Ubisoft actually won this one...

Divinity: Original Sin
Well... the fact is... it's cracked. Twice. There's the server emulation way and now this. double weakness.

If ubisoft wants to have a efficient way to protect their software, why don't they go back to that starforce protection that came with Prince of Persia two thrones and splinter cell chaos theory?

If I remind well, those games were never cracked while using starforce. I heard that starforce put some trojans/rootkits on your computer... but they say this about every other disk protection...

Ubisoft back off due to this claims, and won't back off now with this new DRM of theirs. The same ubisoft that released a patched .EXE to fix some rainbow six vegas problems, and people discovered it was a pirate group (reloaded or deviance, can't remember) no-cd crack.

Miss the old days, when DRM was made as a part of the game box content, like manual references, or matching disks, like the one from monkey island. Easy to copy, they were easy to crack, but at least you would have some phisical trinket that would justify the buying.

Hell, heard it was ubisoft that decided recently to not have paper manuals on their games. there's no difference in a pirated game to its legitimate version.

Why would people bother to buy, anyway?

Hell, heard it was ubisoft that decided recently to not have paper manuals on their games. there's no difference in a pirated game to its legitimate version.

Hm, FarCry 2 still has a manual, at least for the 360 vesrion. Released in 2008.

Btw, found this in wikipedia while looking for the release date

Game Informer gave praise to the console save system because it gives a sense of realism to the game. While IGN criticised this, GameSpot noted that the console version's save system gave the player more of a sense of urgency as it made death seem more consequential.

:rpgcodex:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Clockwork Knight said:

Hm, FarCry 2 still has a manual, at least for the 360 vesrion. Released in 2008.
2008 isn't "recently".

Darth Slaughter said:
If ubisoft wants to have a efficient way to protect their software, why don't they go back to that starforce protection that came with Prince of Persia two thrones and splinter cell chaos theory?
IIRC, these two games were finally cracked only a full year after their release.

fizzelopeguss said:
What's all this about GoG and cracks?
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=42099

fizzelopeguss said:
Why not put a neon sign in your sig, "I AM DROOG"? Perhaps you can choose a less gay username for your next user as well.

In any case I do find it amusing that when Skidrow has finally done something they had do put a significant amount of effort into, they understand the need to DRM their work :roll:

I will also await the reactions of all "ideological" pirates that will naturally abstain from using such a DRM'ed DRM-breaker out of principle.

... Neither did I say they were... But crackers *are* opposed to DRM, which was sort of the point.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Crackers aren't opposed to DRM. They love it. Without it, they would not be crackers. They love the challenge of destroying it.

Just because you like to break pencils does not mean you are opposed to their existence.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Darth Slaughter said:
IIRC, these two games were finally cracked only a full year after their release.

fizzelopeguss said:

You've gotta be shitting me, that is so fucking polish.

Tycn

Savant
Rumour has it that the crack utilises the values compiled for the server emulator and so is pretty much just an unattributed rerelease. That would explain why they put DRM on the crack. No honour among thieves.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
relootz said:
Holy shit 2 months? Are u serieus Zed? It took 2 month to crack it?
Malakal said:
Damn 2 months? This sucks because it means that Ubisoft actually won this one...

Hell I don't know. I think so? I don't keep track of when popamole games are released!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
herostratus said:
In any case I do find it amusing that when Skidrow has finally done something they had do put a significant amount of effort into, they understand the need to DRM their work :roll:
That's just plain stupid. "We cracked Ubi's DRM and replaced it with our own?" WTF?

I will also await the reactions of all "ideological" pirates that will naturally abstain from using such a DRM'ed DRM-breaker out of principle.
I am ideologically against DRM of any kind and will therefore refuse to use the AC2 crack.

Kidding, I won't get it because I have zero interest in the shitty game anyway :smug:

Darth Slaughter said:

It was when ubisoft released a patch that removed starforce and they changed it to securom. then, they cracked the securom exe.

fizzelopeguss said:
fizzelopeguss said:

You've gotta be shitting me, that is so fucking polish.

Well... it's also so ubisofty. See the case of rainbow six vegas scene .EXE patch.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
BTW, Polfags can check the comments section in CD-Action's news on this for quality lulz.

Basically, a damn lot of people are WHINING that the DRM was cracked because 'teh evil piratez gonna play AC2', 'Ubi and everyone else is gonna leave teh pc markitz', 'poor poor developers gonna start losing monies'.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
CDA was always brainwashing their readers that they have to "respect work of developers" and always were rabidly anti-pirate. Too bad that they didn't demand publishers to respect the work of their readers and to actually finish their games before selling them.

It's an anti-Gamer, anti-Polish propaganda magazine.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Malakal said:

Actually 3 weeks. A perfectly working server emulator appeared around that time and I also tested it. But the game was shit so really nothing of value was lost. Retards who pay money for an attrocious crap like this (seriously AssCreed2 is even worse than Oblivion and that's no small feat) deserve to be DRM-raped.

Also release groups aren't important.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom