Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ubisoft DRM cracked

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Can't be worse than the first game.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Darth Roxor said:
Basically, a damn lot of people are WHINING that the DRM was cracked because 'teh evil piratez gonna play AC2', 'Ubi and everyone else is gonna leave teh pc markitz', 'poor poor developers gonna start losing monies'.
You don't need to go to CDA to get that shit, we have our share of these people right here on the 'dex.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Digital Rights Management is Newspeak for "Attempting to digitally remove all rights from the legit customer and make the company management able to shut off user access to the product at will".

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Though the number of dumbfucks is indeed worrying (and growing in the Silent Hunter boards, too), Ubisoft will fail and get swallowed, I feel sure.

Probably by EA.

I mean you can't survive if you hate your customers and your customers hate you. (Except if you're EA, of course.)

MetalCraze said:
But the game was shit so really nothing of value was lost. Retards who pay money for an attrocious crap like this (seriously AssCreed2 is even worse than Oblivion and that's no small feat) deserve to be DRM-raped.

I have no doubt in that (and won't even bother to check myself), but at least they managed to keep the mystery alive for a long time. Oh yeah. Ass Creed is finally cracked but oh fuck it's still horrible shit

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
JarlFrank said:
Digital Rights Management is Newspeak for "Attempting to digitally remove all rights from the legit customer and make the company management able to shut off user access to the product at will".

Perhaps capitalism is on it's last leg and going into its next, dictatoric phase, where people will be press-ganged to consume. You know like "not spending your money is antisocial" or somesuch. I mean isn't it obvious how this DRM thing is only there to ensure that the games are worthless in two or three years, when the next ones come out. At this moment they will probably be looking for ways to make software simply evaporate, that would be ideal of course.

denizsi

Arcane
-=DarlSephiroth666=- said:
It's Ass-Ass in Creed, geez, guys, get it right.

More like SS in Creed

620-04-75dpi.jpg

620-02-75dpi.jpg

Right?

Stabwound

Arcane
So apparently this really isn't a crack at all, it's just another emulator which actually steals much of the work the sever emulator people did.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
GlobalExplorer said:
I mean you can't survive if you hate your customers and your customers hate you. (Except if you're EA, of course.)

Activision?

Or doesn't evil empires count?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
GlobalExplorer said:
JarlFrank said:

Perhaps capitalism is on it's last leg and going into its next, dictatoric phase, where people will be press-ganged to consume. You know like "not spending your money is antisocial" or somesuch. I mean isn't it obvious how this DRM thing is only there to ensure that the games are worthless in two or three years, when the next ones come out. At this moment they will probably be looking for ways to make software simply evaporate, that would be ideal of course.
yeah, i guess thats right. fortunately i have already bought many older games (including first AC) that i can play pretty much anything i like, the only thing i'm concerned about are cRPGs because there is always not enough of them for me

madbringer

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
BTW, Polfags can check the comments section in CD-Action's news on this for quality lulz.

Basically, a damn lot of people are WHINING that the DRM was cracked because 'teh evil piratez gonna play AC2', 'Ubi and everyone else is gonna leave teh pc markitz', 'poor poor developers gonna start losing monies'.

Ciekawe ile im zrobienie "witaminki" do nowego splinter cella, na torrentach gra już jest ale bez cracka :). Na pewno ściągnę bo kota w worku kupować nie będę a dema szanowne Ubi nie wypuściło...

Otrzymujesz za to ostrzeżenie. Smacznego! - Rankin

Hahaha oh wow.

Actually, reading through the comments, it seems there's a fairly large group of people that are happy Skidrow managed to crack that mother.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Of course they are, games in Poland (from major developers) are fucking expensive. Not for this market and demographic. Because in Poland gamers are not (like in the west) 30 on average but instead 15 and it can be easily seen...

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Malakal said:
Of course they are, games in Poland (from major developers) are fucking expensive. Not for this market and demographic. Because in Poland gamers are not (like in the west) 30 on average but instead 15 and it can be easily seen...
Well, a 15 year old that has never worked and has no concept of value of money is more probable to accept these prices than someone who is already working. Most of these raging guys are probably extreme doormat teenagers that were brainwashed by CD-Action.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom