Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

UFO: Extraterrestrials - First Review

Micmu

Magister
Nerfed bases? From user comments it sounds more like another failed "spiritual successor" (like Aftershave) rather than remake of any kind.

Blah.

dagorkan

Arbiter
DarkUnderlord said:
Pre-generated maps sounds like some major suckage. I can't really believe they'd be that stupid. Are you sure they're not randomly generated in some way?

100% sure. That's been known for a long time.

It's why I don't understand why they went 3D. You don't get any benefit from it, the camera angle is fixed, zoom is fixed and the XCom soldiers look like shit. And on the other hand it's prevented them have the tile system of XCom.

Bloodlust

Augur
Nop,there are aproximately 150-200 pre gen maps.I remember one of the developers saying that.

One person says you can't sell items, someone else says you can.

You can sell items,it's just that manufacturing items and selling them doesn't make profit.Captured alien artifacts are selled at 1/3 of their worth if not researched.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Now I've learned that you have no Intel graphics card works. You don't just need pixel shaders and vertex shaders, you need hard-ware ones. 3DAnalyze and other work arounds don't work.

For a strategy game that looks the way it does that's fucking ridiculous.

YourConscience

Scholar
DarkUnderlord said:
I'm actually disappointed. I had secretly hoped I'd be wrong and the only retarded decision they'd make is the death thing. Seems like once again, one retarded decision indicates many more behind it.

Mind you there seems to be a lot of conflicting info. One person says you can't sell items, someone else says you can. One person says the resolution is stuck, someone else says you can change it just fine.

sheek said:
Correction: maps are all pregen.
Pre-generated maps sounds like some major suckage. I can't really believe they'd be that stupid. Are you sure they're not randomly generated in some way?

Despite my comments above, this time around I think you are absolute right and expressed my sentiments perfectly.

What a pity! Random maps is one of the very important features for me...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom