Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Ultima VI Project Gets Patched

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Ultima 6 Project

<p><a href="http://u6project.com/index.php?option=com_content&amp;task=view&amp;id=93&amp;Itemid=1" target="_blank">Team Archon Releases Patch 1.0.1.</a></p>
<blockquote>
<p>Team Archon has released the 1.0.1 patch for the Ultima 6 Project for Dungeon Siege 1 (PC and Mac). This release fixes a number of issues which prevented players from completing the game, including:</p>
<ul>
<li>Issues with teleporters and orbing</li>
<li>Conversation loops and broken conversation triggers</li>
<li>NIS sequences which were not clearing the letterboxing upon completion</li>
<li>Other miscellaneous items which were affecting game play</li>
</ul>
</blockquote>
<p>Download <a href="http://www.ultimaaiera.com/?dl_id=449" target="_blank">here</a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15727">RPGWatch</a></p>

Silellak

Cipher
I wonder if this fixes the "uber-long dungeon" issue that a couple of Codexians reported in an earlier thread? I know the creator responded that they were hoping to patch those down to a reasonable length.

Also, looks like they're a little burned out:

Following this release, Team Archon will be taking a vacation from active development for approximately three weeks. We will not be monitoring the forum nor providing support until our return. Thanks to all of our fans, and enjoy the game!

More info from the forums:
Well, this patch is needed to be able to finish the game. A mandatory teleporter was broken in 1.0. But, if you already have a patch from later than 07/15, this should be ok.
We are doing a complete redesign of the moongate system for 1.1, but it will not be backwards compatible unfortunately, and will require restarting the game.

Luzur

Good Sir
hah, i recognize that kind of statement.

those three weeks will turn into 3 years, then into 5 years, then finally a notice on the forum that the devs have gotten lives of their own and then the project is dead.

Silellak

Cipher
Looks like the answer is no; the old thread said the "dungeon fix" will come in 1.1:

@Jaesun, FYI, we are streamlining the dungeons for 1.1. The maps will be in much more sensible places, and the dungeons that are on the extreme side will be toned down. This is really embarrassing to us and we are going to do something about it. Seeing posts like this, honestly, just makes me cringe.

That's a shame. Jaesun's :rage: against the dungeons in U6P are largely what have kept me from installing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom