Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

da_rays

Augur
So, i can't resist myself im starting a new playtrough this weekend. What char build would you recommend for the funz? My last build was psi/sniper or something like that. Freeze + power shot = kill, also psi armor, and stuff.

If you take oddities xp system , might wanna invest in stealth , very very useful. I'm currently rolling with a melee ( electroshock hammaaaa ) , guns and crafting dude ( mech , electro and now enough with bio for thoses health hypo. ) Lockpick + hacking for getting thoses oddities~ I am clearly not THAT strong , but im swimming ( well almost ) in money. Crafter can also not just make item ( weapon , armor adn whatnot) you can make them better and better!
Currently using electroshock Hammer v3.0 . made myself 3 suits of armor ( almost always better compared to what was on sale ). If your into that , crafting is pretty nice in this game. Time / money consumming of course.
Yeah i used oddity and stealth in my last build, also after a while money was irrelevant cause i had so much. Hope that was somewhat fixed.

Has it been a while since you played? Now each vendors is looking for X perticular item ( 5 guns , 2 gun parts , 4 ballistic armor and so on ) , some of them are always looking for some key item ( bullets , batteries and such ) When i said i was swimming in money , maybe i should have saif ''i dont have money problem'' . I guess it also depend on the cash sinker you have . Crafter = mats , schematic and others goodies + the normal stuff i need to stay alive in the underrail.

polo

Magister
Last time i played was november. Vendors worked the same way, and i still had like shitloads of money, i didn't even knew what to do with it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The game could do with a cash sink of some sort. I didn't do any crafting. I ran around with pistols + smg and a few 'nades. I ended up with several stacks of Charons after junkyard just lying around. Maybe something as simple as low-grade weapons being considered/marked as junk after a certain point in the story, with the vendors not being inerested in buying them? Just throwing out ideas. Most games end up wiht the PC rolling in money after a certain point. But in underrail that point seems to come pretty early.

ColCol

Arcane
Money sink....Well, I don't know how the system quite works yet, but.....Maybe you could do something with the oddity system?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Money sink....Well, I don't know how the system quite works yet, but.....Maybe you could do something with the oddity system?
Oddities just give xp points so I can't really see any way to connect them to the money issue. If you could buy some oddities for money, then it would just make the game easier because money is plenty and bought xp would make you stronger faster than normal.

ColCol

Arcane
Oddities just give xp points so I can't really see any way to connect them to the money issue. If you could buy some oddities for money, then it would just make the game easier because money is plenty and bought xp would make you stronger faster than normal.

Maybe you have to pay to research the oddities for xp points? Or pay to upgrade a lab that researches oddities.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

Maybe you have to pay to research the oddities for xp points? Or pay to upgrade a lab that researches oddities.
Hmm that would introduce another problem. If you had to bring those oddities to someone to research them, then you would not be able to level up anywhere else, in any dungeon or any area without the research guy, and I would say that leveling up during a quest, for example the first Gorsky mission in the bunker is very usefull and can help a player to change his character a bit to be better suited to the mission, like giving him a perk that helps with fighting robots. And another thing that would infuriate me greatly is lockpicking/hacking, as they tend to increase the deeper in an area you go, so if you could only level in a town, then you would have to either invest heavily into them to last you for the whole dungeon or run back to town in the process to get those skill high enough to open the new boxes/computers.

Im not saying that nothing should be done about the amount of money you can quickly amass, but oddities seem like a wrong place to look for the solution.

Sheepherder

Augur
Hmm that would introduce another problem. If you had to bring those oddities to someone to research them, then you would not be able to level up anywhere else, in any dungeon or any area without the research guy, and I would say that leveling up during a quest, for example the first Gorsky mission in the bunker is very usefull and can help a player to change his character a bit to be better suited to the mission, like giving him a perk that helps with fighting robots. And another thing that would infuriate me greatly is lockpicking/hacking, as they tend to increase the deeper in an area you go, so if you could only level in a town, then you would have to either invest heavily into them to last you for the whole dungeon or run back to town in the process to get those skill high enough to open the new boxes/computers.

Im not saying that nothing should be done about the amount of money you can quickly amass, but oddities seem like a wrong place to look for the solution.

What about paying for items which will can be used to research certain oddities on the spot? Like a critter encyclopedia for monster oddities, old-world magazines for old-world oddities etc. They would have limited uses and only certain oddities would require them.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Still jonesing after that psi changes update. Do we have any idea when Styg will deem it ready for the unwashed masses?

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Games like Underrail deserves few milion dollars for Development team. I haven't played such a great crpg from Fallout 2/ BG 2 times. It's great to see that we have games like D:OS , Underrail and incoming Seven Dragon Saga or that Darklands clone as an alternative to [also good ] AAA titles which must be directed to wider audience.
Ive bought Underrail some time ago, and i must say it is better game than Fallouts [1&2], better designed, better loooking, more complicated, with better UI . While both F will be forever in my heart, Underrail is their true succesor , at least for me [ Im treating 3 and NV like 3d spinoffs without any true Fallout essence beyond some graphic symbols].
Whole setting is perfect, maybe game could use slightly more advanced graphic engine [BUT STYLE AND THEME of graphics are PERFECT], music match the plot greatly, game has great replayablility value, really Thanks for making it.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Underrail on twitter just now:

"We're putting the finishing touches on the new update and testing it out. Should be out soon. Probably Monday."

:yeah:

da_rays

Augur
Today , monday is a good day!

Now can someone give me some kind of distraction or im doomed to stare at my steam for the update to appear magically?

Psi changes , Institut of Tchort , anything else sweet planned for this juicy update?

"No, I meant Monday next week."

Sadly :cry:

Whaaaaaaaa.....but,but.... my dreams.....hopes....:(

cFUTva8.jpg

Thanks for the heads up tho Zdzisiu, time to make another new dude in the underrail next week~

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Styg Any chance of giving steam users a non DRM version of the game? i cant play mine at work because i cant install steam... :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom