Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is possible to beat Carnifex if you lose the initiative on the beginning of the battle?

I defeated him in the hardest difficulty recently, video in spoilers. My build is a pure RP build. I could have optimized my psy power selection much more and feats much more. The unique non RP thing that I'm doing is investing heavily into merchant as I wanna devastator.

Besides using food and paranoia feat, there is anything more to buff my initiative?

I"m playing in the hardest difficulty for the first time and just need more initiative, against Carnifex.
JKK jacket/infused heartbreaker serpent leather armour both give initiative. JKK is +5, heartbreaker I think depends on quality but it'll be around +4 or +5.
Sea serpent belt gives +3. But you can only get it sometimes, other times Styg says fuck you and the quest to get it isn't available.

Alternatively, forget about initiative and stack mechanical resistance instead. Gloves already have an armour piercing penalty, so riot gear+double tungsten boots+helmet make it easy to hit 95% effective DR against him. He's not so scary when you have 95% DR.
There's a chem called twitch, I think. Gives something like +8 to initiative. I used it a lot during my nimble tank shotgunner character.
Oh, you need Expedition for it though. Not sure if you have that DLC.
Doesn't work for Carnifex, it wears off during the incredibly long intro cutscene. I really hate that cutscene.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Besides using food and paranoia feat, there is anything more to buff my initiative?

I"m playing in the hardest difficulty for the first time and just need more initiative, against Carnifex.
JKK jacket/infused heartbreaker serpent leather armour both give initiative. JKK is +5, heartbreaker I think depends on quality but it'll be around +4 or +5.
Sea serpent belt gives +3. But you can only get it sometimes, other times Styg says fuck you and the quest to get it isn't available.

Alternatively, forget about initiative and stack mechanical resistance instead. Gloves already have an armour piercing penalty, so riot gear+double tungsten boots+helmet make it easy to hit 95% effective DR against him. He's not so scary when you have 95% DR.
There's a chem called twitch, I think. Gives something like +8 to initiative. I used it a lot during my nimble tank shotgunner character.
Oh, you need Expedition for it though. Not sure if you have that DLC.
Doesn't work for Carnifex, it wears off during the incredibly long intro cutscene. I really hate that cutscene.
Yeah it is pretty bad. You can't even skip the damn thing.

ciox

Liturgist
As far as I can tell that's by design, it used to be that even your shield would mostly or completely drain by the time the fight started, that was changed so your shield only turns on at the start of the fight during the initiative rolls.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Got devastator in the hardest difficulty; now I have money for nothing.

c40jnv8.png

goregasm

Scholar
So picked this back up last night after a long hiatus. Wanted to get through some backlog games, life etc

I have a character from a few years back, very early in game (clearing caves) this fuckin game just oozes atmosphere, not sure if the game is a min maxers wet dream, or if my character is good, I do know I had to leave the caves because I ran out of 5mm and saved/picked back up my character a year later standing like a pauper in front of a vendor staring at ammo I have nothing to offer for.

10/10

roshan

Arcane
Guys, I keep getting a Zone Transition Failed error when I try to go to another area... Any idea how to fix this? :(

CHEMS

Scholar
Got devastator in the hardest difficulty; now I have money for nothing.

c40jnv8.png
If you're don't mind cheating, there's a way to get infinite cash cheesing Ray's shop:

>buy Freighter
>park it somewhere the camera won't see you but will still pop up on selling jet dialogue
>equip it with the absolute best parts you can get
>sell it
>go back to the jet, stealth and take out the parts
>buy it (the price changes accordingly with the parts equipped)
>repeat step 3 and 4
>repeat step 4 and 5
>do it untill you're rich
You get around 2 or 3k each time you do this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom