Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Tygrende

Arbiter
I gave Gaius maximus 2 weapons, so I can give you 2 armors. It's only fair.

eUNMh0j.png

0WIbAYc.png

Sykar

Arcane
Hot tip for all who want or are currently trying to use Distortion as a primary damage source, the damage at the end does NOT break Mental Breakdown CC. Not sure if bug or feature though. So you can setup your 3 Distortions -> Premed+ MB -> 3 Distortions -> Pop -> Anything you want.

Jezal_k23

How does the "spreading Distortion around" feat work? To how many targets can it spread, and when does it spread?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ok i am not getting the crafting appeal. I have it at 105 and am trying to make a new vets,my materials are at 90 quality and have the feats for it. Yet it ends up shittier than the one i have bought since the mid game. Have no idea what you are talking about guyz.

Sykar

Arcane
How does the "spreading Distortion around" feat work? To how many targets can it spread, and when does it spread?

All targets in about 4-5 tiles around the main bearer of the Distortions, each getting individually calculated it seems, so if you have let us say 6 Distortions on one target you can usually see 0-2 Distortions on the others, though I have seen up to 4 with a lot of luck I guess. It might be a good idea to spread them out a little more once you get Blitz+Adrenaline, since the spread Distortions debuff duration is the same as the current one.
Another tip, the 20% damage increase per stack is calculated into the shown debuff next to the enemy portrait. This really helps to properly gauge just how many stacks you need to pop the enemy in one go. Even if you are a little off and they survive, since Distortion pops at the end of the enemy turn you can easily finish them off with whatever little health they have left, no chance for them to recover. This is the true strength of Distortion, it just requires more setup than other damage abilities due to the 2 turn wait time.

Ok i am not getting the crafting appeal. I have it at 105 and am trying to make a new vets,my materials are at 90 quality and have the feats for it. Yet it ends up shittier than the one i have bought since the mid game. Have no idea what you are talking about guyz.

Appeal is that for one, mats are a lot cheaper, two you can tailor to your needs, a lot of stuff you simply cannot find or buy like smart modules on guns, and lastly you WILL outperform anything you find including the vast majority of uniques coming late/end game. To give you an idea, the best energy shield I ever found was 720 something on Balor. The best I have crafted was in the 1500 capacity range.
Comparing weapons, I crafted Spearhead sniper rifles which cost less AP, 24 to be precise, to shoot, deal more base damage and give 50% bonus damage on Aimed Shot and Snipe compared to the Dragunov, the only unique Sniper Rifle which can shoot twice, 25 AP cost, without Adrenaline.

Last edited:

Tygrende

Arbiter
Buy a leather armor half as good as this, then we can talk.

FQRM7BH.png

Jezal_k23

Hey Styg ,a small suggestion about the map mate. It will be great if you make it so we can see the connection between maps even if not travelled. Just make them grey or some other colour to show if we had fully explored the apart or there is still some unexplored connection.
or not

I don't dislike the idea. The map system is good for me as it is, but if this was added then I would not mind.

Jezal_k23

So, I gifted a friend Underrail + Expedition. The only thing I'm afraid of is that the sheer amount of stuff in the game might indeed be overwhelming for a new player. But it's absolutely the best bang for the buck I've ever seen, possibly in my life. I hope he likes it.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
So, I gifted a friend Underrail + Expedition. The only thing I'm afraid of is that the sheer amount of stuff in the game might indeed be overwhelming for a new player. But it's absolutely the best bang for the buck I've ever seen, possibly in my life. I hope he likes it.

Perfect friend test, if he doesnt like the game banish him from your life!

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
What warehouse am I supposed to go to for Dude's first quest? I got the strange power cell but I'm pretty sure this is the wrong warehouse.

Edit: Nevermind, found it after wandering northeast from the warehouse I was in.

trimethylsilyl

Educated
Finally started this game (without Expedition). Was planning to test out a sledgehammer build first to learn the basics, before moving on to a pure psi build , but it turns out I'm liking the sledgehammer build too much to call it quits. Guess I'll actually need to replay this game later on.
I don't think I've done that with a RPG since the early 2000s.

Jezal_k23

Small requests, or at least they seem small to me. I don't know how hard they are to implement.

1) As commented before, would be nice to be able to assign mouse buttons as controls, for example mouse wheel up and down for speed up and down.

2) Option to mute game when minimized in the audio options.

3) I think it looks silly when you pick a black portrait and get a white character. Maybe that could be fixed one day?

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom