Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Also does anyone actually fight the newton azuridae, or does everyone just use molotovs?
yeah, but the amount of cheesing the encounter, if at all, depends on the build - some come online really fast
I close the door, take out the loner the hard way, lay down a wiggly path with some bear traps in front of the door, open door, molotov, retreat behind the corner, and kill them as they come through a firey path of bear traps

CHEMS

Scholar
Also does anyone actually fight the newton azuridae, or does everyone just use molotovs?
yeah, but the amount of cheesing the encounter, if at all, depends on the build - some come online really fast
I close the door, take out the loner the hard way, lay down a wiggly path with some bear traps in front of the door, open door, molotov, retreat behind the corner, and kill them as they come through a firey path of bear traps
I just cheese the early game because i find it so boring, when i get to depot A i don't need anymore cheesing (usually)

thesecret1

Arcane
>enter compound
>kill the lone bug
>go to the door
>throw grenade
>close the door
>end turn
>end turn
>end turn
>start turn
>open door
>all bugs together
>throw grenade
>adrenaline
>close the door
>repeat until total azuridae death
I toss a gas grenade in there and just wait for them to shoah themselves, no need to even open the door afterwards. Honestly, I think fighting the Azuridae head on on DOMINATING is straight up impossible with most builds.

roshan

Arcane
Hi folks, if I buy the expansion, will my current save still be compatible? I have finished pretty much all content except DC and the Expedition areas.

CHEMS

Scholar
Hi folks, if I buy the expansion, will my current save still be compatible? I have finished pretty much all content except DC and the Expedition areas.
Yeah i did it mid save and immediately all the new stuff appeared on the merchant stocks and NPCs. I even got a boss-like fight in upper underrail with 3 heavy weapon guys.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Fusion cannon = best part of the DLC imo
Did you notice that
you can disassemble it and rebuild it with higher quality parts and practical physicist/power management?
Saw something on the stygian forum yeah, that is certainly one way to buff disassemble and I may actually get it on this character even tho he's level 25 and it would cut into veteran feats.
I would have preferred if disassemble had its specialization buffed but this works too.
btw is this true for stunner too?
edit: nvm, just saw that only cannon got this property

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
now is time for weird question. Brutality - is it centered on your character or killed target? Important difference if one uses spear throws...

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
now is time for weird question. Brutality - is it centered on your character or killed target? Important difference if one uses spear throws...
within sight, it says, I'd assume it means the death being within the sight of a mook

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
within sight, it says, I'd assume it means the death being within the sight of a mook
i'll come back to this once inevitable happens and styg pushes another update/dlc which adds good unique spear for throwing

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
i'll come back to this once inevitable happens and styg pushes another update/dlc which adds good unique spear for throwing
does spear throwing count as a melee attack for that purpose? it's an uncomfortable mix of accuracy being based on throwing and damage on melee

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Started a Heavy Gun run on Hard. LMGs are fun, dakka is satisfying (blowing tough opposition away in one or two BRRRRR session especially) but by god that thing chews through ammo.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
does spear throwing count as a melee attack for that purpose?
spear throw counts as melee attack for EVERY purpose. Its melee attack and scales as such, only exception is that accuracy comes from throwing(hence why you can go with 3str, below spear str requirement).
My dominating 3str max dex spear thrower utilized it to great effect - dmg is off the charts anyway so you dont need high str, while Im always in need for more accuracy.

Trash Player

Scholar
is it possible to make a heavy weapons build with temporal manipulation that doesn't suck, or is that meta DoA for heavy weapons?
The honest answer? Powergaming-wise, TM trivializes the game. Intended too, Styg wills it so, seeing everything OP about it escaped nerfs.
Zeem probably meant HWs are so OP atm, there is no need to add TM into the mixture to ruin the game.
Fyi, it is possible to burst 2 times for 11 bullets each and throw a grenade with adrenaline in Depot A. That is without TM.

Zeem

Learned
is it possible to make a heavy weapons build with temporal manipulation that doesn't suck, or is that meta DoA for heavy weapons?
The honest answer? Powergaming-wise, TM trivializes the game. Intended too, Styg wills it so, seeing everything OP about it escaped nerfs.
Zeem probably meant HWs are so OP atm, there is no need to add TM into the mixture to ruin the game.
Fyi, it is possible to burst 2 times for 11 bullets each and throw a grenade with adrenaline in Depot A. That is without TM.

No, I mean TM is just a straight up massive buff even without any investment outside of skill points, so you can just slap it on top of an otherwise psiless build for major gains.

gerd

Barely Literate
Can someone pls suggest some decent spear build, i know that spears are not really good and you need a lot of points to make it work , but still

Can someone pls suggest some decent spear build, i know that spears are not really good and you need a lot of points to make it work , but still
unless spears got heavily nerfed since they were implemented, they shouldn't be weak. iirc i killed tchort in 1 single turn, with every buff popped imaginable but still :lol:

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Started a Heavy Gun run on Hard. LMGs are fun, dakka is satisfying (blowing tough opposition away in one or two BRRRRR session especially) but by god that thing chews through ammo.
It's a very different experience for sure. Just blew through (dominating) Camp hathor burrower nest easily at level 12 (as in 1 burst per burrower, 4 bursts for Warriors, that sort of thing) but it must have cost me hundreds of charons in terms of ammo. I almost ran out of money by buying ammo and briefly couldn't take the train or afford TNT to blow open tunnel connections. It's fun to blast through even very tough Dominating fights while barely cheesing or sometimes not cheesing at all, but the lack of any long-term money buildup is getting concerning.

Just took out the Free Drones at the Train, could only do it by making them walk forward via grenade sound, then beginning the fight by killing the sniper up close.

ciox

Liturgist
Not properly confirmed yet with a full run through the game, but I actually have the feeling LMGs are very strong and it's precisely because they don't burn that much ammo compared to their damage potential.
The top burst count between AR and LMG is not that different, and LMGs also get more opportunities for increasing raw damage (Bullet Trance, Heavy Metal) in addition to having the same damage boosts that ARs can get. (Suppressive/Concentrated Fire)
So if they are used right they could be quite economical because things die after just a couple bullets that rip through their armor and health, while you avoid bursting inefficiently and causing overkill.
All this needs to be properly confirmed with an LMG/AR run though, as my existing chars don't really fit the mold, and obviously Dominating complicates things with its barter modifiers.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

CHEMS

Scholar
you can slap TM in any build with little investment

even if you don't take any TM feats, it will still make your build way stronger, if you take premeditation, you basically have a instant "i win" button: Premed + Stasis combo

agris

Arcane
Patron
anyone seen a good dom tincan heavy weapons versatile metathermics/TM build?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom