Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Underworld Gold Weekend Sale

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Fucking Paypal, I wanted to get a copy, but Paypal hates my credit cards.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
:roll:

PM the link to the Primus page, I'll try it. Does it have a cool bassist?

Telengard

Arcane
Grabbed my copy too.

For the sale, on the site, unless you are doing your sales style purely FOR SCIENCE!, I have some 2 cents to throw in:
  • Get the information that the game is on sale out there earlier on the page, instead of having to scroll down to see it. That's important information, and so it should be displayed early. Always lead with the most important details.
  • Move the sales text out of the description area in some way, making it more obvious that it is on sale. Boxing it, or left justifying it, or both, or something. The red color is nice and stands out and all, and there is the dash, but the text is in the same centered form and style as the description, plus it's smaller text, so it kind of hides away in the description. If I was just skimming, I wouldn't necessarily see that.
  • Put the original price on display too. You don't have to do the "50% off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" shout thingie, if you don't want to prey on people's savings instincts, but the original price is important information for people, so should be out there, so people know that it is a real sale, and what the sale is.
  • Never hide your price - whether in small type or on a separate page, or hidden in a wall of text. State it boldly. Show them that you want to sell this item, and that you believe it is something they should buy.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Telengard I'll make final pricing decisions by the sale's end and review my page accordingly then. I don't want to show the previous price because if I decide to change afterwards people that didn't know it could look back and think it was a lie.

thanks for your input though :)

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Just bought this puppy. I'm hoping for a worth Might and Magic successor, or else...

:roll:

Dorateen

Arcane
Good on ya, Charles! Your success should reflect well on the sequel, Sovereign.

You should charge people who grabbed Underworld at this sale price, double for the sequel.

Harumph!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
So I'm trying out the demo...
Five minutes later I reach the end of the demo! Now maybe it's just my excellent RPG skills but perhaps that's a wee bit short! I'd have liked to, I don't know, level up a level or something first. So next time: longer demo.

(What happened was that I was merrily killing encounters left and right, found a tavern, agreed to explore the catacombs, walk through the first door and BAM!)

It does feel very comfortably like M&M 1 but with skills from what I briefly could tell. I'll get it when it's not on sale. :monocle:

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Helly Merci cher compatriote :)

Jasede thanks for the support, but did you see you could (R)eturn to game and go back to finish exploring the town? There you can also level up, achieve arena ranks, meet the town stewardess, find hidden ...

Enough spoilers methinks ;)

Thanks Dorateen. Yes, punishment will have to be wrought. :deadhorse: :D

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
For how much longer are you running the sale? 1 hour left on Sunday (CET) ;)

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Will you share your "findings"? Number of sales and all that shit...

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Zed I'll let it run a few hours more so that it'll be a bit past sunday night at the westermost parts of the world.

Kosmonaut Why not. If Vault Dweller shares such info I don't see why I shouldn't. They're not gonna make anyone jealous :D

7hm

Scholar
Telengard I'll make final pricing decisions by the sale's end and review my page accordingly then. I don't want to show the previous price because if I decide to change afterwards people that didn't know it could look back and think it was a lie.

thanks for your input though :)
I really hope you're not basing your regular pricing on sale pricing. If anything, if this sale is successful it indicates that you should maintain a high price, so that you get the best of both worlds (people who bought at 20$ and also people who weren't as interested but bought at 10$ during a sale). Though maybe that's what you mean.

I'd be curious to see what impact a deep discount sale would have on your product. Gabe has said in the past that the 75% off sales that run on Steam don't exhibit expected revenue patterns. It would probably have to be through some sort of indie bundle. Have you considered IndieGameStand? They do a PWYW sale on indie games and that seems to raise another 1-5k for the dev, as well as just getting the game out there.

Really looking forward to your findings - are you open to releasing all of your sales numbers?

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
I really hope you're not basing your regular pricing on sale pricing. If anything, if this sale is successful it indicates that you should maintain a high price, so that you get the best of both worlds (people who bought at 20$ and also people who weren't as interested but bought at 10$ during a sale). Though maybe that's what you mean.

I'm not really. I'm basing it mostly on the fact that I still hope to get coverage from some big guns that would never announce a sale like RPGCodex and RPGWatch did, making the current experiment impossible to reproduce reliably. If RPS readers for example bounce because of price and never know about future sales... That changes the rules a bit. So i decided to lower the price while leaving room to still have the option to do something.

I'd be curious to see what impact a deep discount sale would have on your product. Gabe has said in the past that the 75% off sales that run on Steam don't exhibit expected revenue patterns. It would probably have to be through some sort of indie bundle. Have you considered IndieGameStand? They do a PWYW sale on indie games and that seems to raise another 1-5k for the dev, as well as just getting the game out there.

Really looking forward to your findings - are you open to releasing all of your sales numbers?

I'll do some number crunching and try to write an insightful analysis over the next few days. Like I said my sales numbers aren't state secrets ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom