Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unofficial Fallout 3 FAQ

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2007/07/2 ... rs-part-v/

Some guy who saw the E3 demo answered questions on basically everything about it (on NMA and official forum posts), and then some other guy compiled those questions and put it on a blog.

My guess: Will be nowhere near Fallout 1 and 2, but better than Oblivion.

Zomg

Arbiter
I like NMA a lot better when it's a 12 year old Estonian saying, "fukk Bthesda rape" than when it's a 21 year old Canadian writing five prissy sentences when one would do.

GoldLeader

Scholar
So what’s your opinion on this? Is it acceptable to do something like this if it looks “cool”? Or does it really not matter and I’m being far too fussy and nerdy Wink ? Or do you agree that they should put much more thought into such things, as these explosions are neither realistic or “Fallouty”?

I give a little latitude on these things as long as they are well explained. If they just show up without an explanation then I might have some questions. I pose a counter question - did we ever see an energy cell that powered the car in F2 explode? What would that look like? Would it look like what was described as a mini-nuke? Hmmmm

So it IS completely logical to put a mini energy cell catapult in a fallout game. Sheesh, they could have made a rock catapult, if they wanted to make one, not some complete batshit. And why the sudden Bethesda'ed love for catapults, m?

Briosafreak

Augur
Jaime Lannister said:
http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2007/07/29/gamingtrend-answers-part-v/

Some guy who saw the E3 demo answered questions on basically everything about it (on NMA and official forum posts), and then some other guy compiled those questions and put it on a blog.

My guess: Will be nowhere near Fallout 1 and 2, but better than Oblivion.

Yep, some guy, that's me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom