Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Valve: "Let's screw our customers over once more!"

Multi-headed Cow

anomie said:
uh,they aren't forcing anything, and the items are just reskinned versions of the originals. they are 100% vanity.

CrimHead

Scholar
Re: Valve: "Let's screw our customers over once more!&a

Lumpy said:
Valve kicked my sister and raped my puppy and now I am VERY ANGRY ABOUT VALVE.

Multi-headed Cow

Difference. Blizzard sells $25 vanity item, Valve sells $35 video game series not made or published by them on their service, apparently like game, makes deal with publisher/developer to make a few funny TF2 items most likely on the condition they're a preorder bonus for the game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I know it's a joke thread but there really were people on the Steam TF2 forums complaining how Valve 'sold out.' One guy likened it to Nintendo selling out by making the family/lame oriented Wii apparently betraying their edgier history... I guess he meant hardcore games like Donkey Kong and Duck Hunt.

The real tragedy is there are people who will buy the game just for the items and never play it -- maybe I can get one of said people to gift it to me.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
gabenewell.gif

Gerrard said:
Seeing that image reminded me of these cylinders of multicolored straws you could buy from way back when. I don't know what it was about them, but I loved them. Was it the aesthetic? The novelty of having a shit ton of straws? I have no idea, but seeing that image just made me a little happier.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Stoiv said:
How are the new Sam & Max games btw?
Mostly banalshitboring. I think 104 and 204 were the only episodes that made me smile. A little.

Play Ace Attorney instead. Much better than anything LA and Sierra ever produced (except QfG, obv.)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I liked Telltale's Sam & Max, although what made me RAEG in the long run, was how they had to put the Soda Poppers in almost EVERY FUCKING EPISODE, while I just HATED them.

Tycn

Savant
I'm not sure whether I'm mildly annoyed because they're screwing over the ignorant masses or because I'm jealous of how good they are at screwing over the ignorant masses.

Multi-headed Cow

NOW TELLTALE IS HOLDING CONSUMERS DOWN AS VALVE RAVAGES ASSHOLES WITH MIGHTY HAT-TOPPED COCKS

I.C. Wiener

Educated
My brother bought the game for the hats. Yes he's exactly the type of gullible, rich consumer whore who would do such a thing.

The game is actually pretty good. Easily the funniest games in recent memory. A hell of a lot funnier than season 1 at least, which I never finished out of apathy.

jaro

Educated
FUCKING EPISODE THREE, GABE NEWELL IS SUCH A FAT FUCK! When his pager goes off, people think it's a sound that a goddamned truck makes while it's backin' up :rpgcodex:

Seriously tho, how long can you wait for a fucking episodic content? It was supposed to be released on a regular basis.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
It is kinda funny that this is a partnership between one of the only companies that have mastered the episodic format and one that absolutely failed the episodic format to bring you something completely unrelated.

Next telltale-valve mash-up should be TTG berating the shit out of Valve:
"Seriously guys, what the fuck. We've released 30 episodes in 4 years, and you guys only released 2. You suck."

MetalCraze

Arcane
30 episodes in 4 years with each sucking hard (the result of making it on the knee ASAP) being a hour long

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom