Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Isometric Cyberpunk Vampire RPG

kangaxx

Arbiter
So I think I'll move the game to start before you're a familiar, which will give you a chance to actually learn more about your lineage before being forced to join one, and also do more low-level crime stuff.
Robbing single mothers it is then.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So I think I'll move the game to start before you're a familiar, which will give you a chance to actually learn more about your lineage before being forced to join one, and also do more low-level crime stuff.
Not profitable enough.

Might add a mechanic where you can make single mothers though. I know there's a market for "cream 'em and dump 'em" content.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Might add a mechanic where you can make single mothers though.
Is this one of those weird worlds where vampires are just "dudes with sharp teeth"? I have opinions about so-called "undead" that can breed.

Imagine, in a world where vampire semen counts are at an all-time low, you are... the Daybreeder!

Yeah no, vampires can't have reproductive sex. Although they do have their genetic material stored in case they want a vat-born childe.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Not profitable enough.

Might add a mechanic where you can make single mothers though. I know there's a market for "cream 'em and dump 'em" content.
Alpha Protocol had the 'orphan counter', which increased each time you killed an enemy (and skyrocketed when you killed an Arab terrorist).

It was fun but I'm sure you can make it even more fun with single moms counter.

You could increase it in two ways: by killing enemies who turn out to be husbands and fathers, or by sleeping around with single women in your neighbourhood and impregnating them (option reserved for male characters only).

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Might add a mechanic where you can make single mothers though.
Is this one of those weird worlds where vampires are just "dudes with sharp teeth"? I have opinions about so-called "undead" that can breed.

Imagine, in a world where vampire semen counts are at an all-time low, you are... the Daybreeder!

Yeah no, vampires can't have reproductive sex. Although they do have their genetic material stored in case they want a vat-born childe.
Your game has the PC start and spend considerable time as a mortal, right?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
What do you guys think of new cover art in this style? Not exactly like this, but something similar. I'll probably redo the title logo too, since it's not what I want.

1711141117949.png

Current cover art:

1711141793282.png

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What do you guys think of new cover art in this style?
Makes me want to look at current cover art to compare which I like better, but on its own I like this. The vibe is consistent with art from other vampire properites; is that a pro or a con? If I saw this about some random game I would go, "Hey, what is that?" and look at the store page. I don't get a boner from it. I think that covers everything.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Makes me want to look at current cover art to compare which I like better, but on its own I like this. The vibe is consistent with art from other vampire properites; is that a pro or a con? If I saw this about some random game I would go, "Hey, what is that?" and look at the store page. I don't get a boner from it. I think that covers everything.

Hmm, added the current one above.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
Cover art should fit the general asset style.
I like the new art more than the current one, but I think that the latter is more fitting. New style would've fitted VTMB.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like the vibe of the current one a lot, although there is a lot I want to pick apart about it, mostly the composition I guess. The art itself is great and I like the darkness of it and the red lighting that says "red light district type content" not very subtly, which is good. The new one really is lovely though, it really highlights how the current art does not have beautiful eyes (or indeed any eyes at all). And having it be white instead of darkity dark really does and would stand out. TBH I want to say why not both.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I think the new art style fits the realistic DAZ renders while the current logo fits the anime art better.

It's times like these where I wish I can have two sperate steam pages, one for each art style. That way I can fully capitalize on both audiences. After all, I'm foolish enough to be doing double the work.

Harthwain

Magister
I like the art. It says "Vampires!" loud and clear, too. However, it does so in the traditional fashion.

The other cover art screams "Cyberpunk!" and has no indication of vampires being involved (other than the text). If you add visible fangs and blood dripping from the corner of the mouth in the second art, then I think the latter would fit your game's title more.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
You could also draw a picture of the moon and make motion lines to show that it is falling.
I thought the moon has fallen already?

Specifically, the MoonFall Abyss, which is like the underdark if it was a very deep chasm created by a fragment of a blown-up, eldritch moon.

The setting has three artificial moons, two of which have fallen. One is left along with a natural moon.

They haven't played much of a part in the games, yet.

Harthwain

Magister
The setting has three artificial moons, two of which have fallen. One is left along with a natural moon.

They haven't played much of a part in the games, yet.
Oh, OK. I thought the MoonFall was about the fallen moon. Or a city that took its name after it. Or something like that.

ropetight

Savant
What do you guys think of new cover art in this style? Not exactly like this, but something similar. I'll probably redo the title logo too, since it's not what I want.

View attachment 47903

Current cover art:

View attachment 47904
New one looks like Luis Royo's goth phase copycat from DeviantArt, has better, simpler composition and is more eye-catching.
Older has more Cyberpunk/Anime vibe, but it is too busy somehow.

If you want to appeal to anime/jRPG audience, experiment with older.
If you want to standout in Steam (Royo's style is today more or less cul de sac), use newer with good, readable font for headline (something more edgy than Helvetica, like Buffalo or Calvier).
Buffalo-scaled.jpg.webp

Lutschine-Font-Mega-Family.jpg.webp

MARXURE-A-Bold-Headline-Typeface-Web-Fonts.jpg.webp

Calvier-Headline-Sans-Family.jpg.webp

BISMARK.png.webp

Maybe make simpler version of logo, only red color and shadows.

But then again, it could nothing to do with visual aesthetic of the game or what you want to do, so you do you.

Zombra

Patron
The point is, you don't need to draw pointy teeth and red velvet capes for a vampire game, unless you're so concerned with sales to dumb people that you no longer care about your own artistic concepts.

Harthwain

Magister
The point is, you don't need to draw pointy teeth and red velvet capes for a vampire game, unless you're so concerned with sales to dumb people that you no longer care about your own artistic concepts.
It is easier to communicate these things with art, rather than text. That's what you want: to catch attention of whomever is looking at your art.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom