Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines Unofficial Patch 9.0 Released

kenup

Scholar
Codex 2014
Damn, now I want to install the game again( I got tired of gigantic save- yes save, not load- times).

• Added modified trackerscheme into Extras to change Malkavian fonts.
Does that mean a blind guy like me might read them now?

Also, how much time does he spend simply writing these patch notes in order to make it so the line length alternates by one character all the time?
He might just type and save them as he fixes things one by one. Would be easier than than remembering and formating it all at the end.​

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What do you think about these? Also, are they compatible with this patch?

Camarilla Edition Mod
Clan Quest Mod
Companion Mod
Final Nights

Nope. Camarilla Ed, Clan Quest, and Companion are all built on some earlier unofficial patch I believe. The Final Nights is more of an expansion/add on and isn't compatible either.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No megapatch (and most small mods) is compatible with another unless the modder incorporates it, because bloodlines has no modular/incremental modding framework (like, say, elder scrolls or weidu).

Deleted member 7219

Anyone else has a problem with widescreen? I mean it's nothing serious, just that the game is somewhat weirdly stretched, especially in cutscenes. I haven't played it for a while but I don't remember anything like that before...

I noticed the widescreen mod didn't work for 16:10 resolutions. When I got a 16:9 monitor I finally managed to get it to work, but the interface is still stretched.

I am using it on 1680x1050 and it works just fine..

When I played at 1680x1050 I noticed the game was stretched vertically. Characters were too tall, etc.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
Is this patch the proper way to play it nowadays?
err...nowadays? this patch has been the "proper" way to play Bloodlines since 2005 [citation needed--point is, since forver].

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
What do you think about these? Also, are they compatible with this patch?

Camarilla Edition Mod
Clan Quest Mod
Companion Mod
Final Nights

I don't think any of those are compatible with the latest UP and actually require a clean vanilla install. Each of them has incorporated some earlier version of the UP and then built up from there on their own. Don't quote me on that, though. I could be wrong.

Just noticed I was too late.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
lol damn, they still fix this game? wtf

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
This is what happens when a game doesn't have its source available. A lot of working around problems that originate in code.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
hah yeah it seems like its more of a content restoration now than a fix, but back then im just used to seeing multifix patches. like that apartment elevator jamming , forcing me to use the vent crawls to get to the lobby etc.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
All I want is a god damn first person melee mod that isn't ass.

Also: if you don't use his new content additions I'm pretty sure most of these patches the last few years are extremely minor.

Also also: is Precursors playable yet?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
a first person always mod that isn't crap - even cutscenes - would be good indeed :3

I just played VTMB recently and now the patch is already about 4 versions old? Damn Wesp has some dedication.

They need to finish the conversion to the new source engine (or whatever it was) so that we can get some proper mods in the game.

Black

Arcane
I just played VTMB recently and now the patch is already about 4 versions old? Damn Wesp has some dedication.

They need to finish the conversion to the new source engine (or whatever it was) so that we can get some proper mods in the game.
That would be glorious, but is that an actually on-going project with real progress or just a bunch of "HEY U KNOW WHAT WOULD B KULLE?" guys?

That would be glorious, but is that an actually on-going project with real progress or just a bunch of "HEY U KNOW WHAT WOULD B KULLE?" guys?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-resurgence

I remembered wrong it uses the Alien Swarm to convert it to the new source engine.
They have actually had more progress than I expected. No story elements yet as far as I know though the cutscenes can be imported.

Example of what they have done:

What worries me is they stupid multiplayer they want to do. They should just concentrate on the SP first but oh well, these fan projects are chaos anyway so I doubt it actually matters a lot.

Xeon

Augur
On their Facebook page, it says "Project Vaulderie is a project that aims to update the original Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines game to the Unity engine."

One of the updates in FB is a FAQs. Probably not out in years.

Black

Arcane
Yeah, sooner Wesp will be done with patching Bloodlines than anything good related to that conversion comes out.

set

Cipher
On their Facebook page, it says "Project Vaulderie is a project that aims to update the original Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines game to the Unity engine."

One of the updates in FB is a FAQs. Probably not out in years.

I'm skeptical about Unity as well, but it's a better engine choice than Source at this point. Unity supports modding better and has probably more community support at this stage than Source. It also works on more platforms than Source.

Short of writing your own damn engine, which takes too long, Unity is a sensible choice. I doubt anything will come to fruition though.

I wish I were Notch. I'd spend a million of his wasted money hiring a mod team to unofficially release a fully converted VTMB, maybe with its own custom engine. Or maybe, just buy the damned source code from Activision and make it public domain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom