Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampyr - vampire action-RPG from Life Is Strange devs

Plisken

Learned
the major flaw of the game is that the moral dilemma falls flat on its face via the xp system. You get so much xp from just doing quests that the only reason to ever give someone the succ for juicy xp is simply because you don't like them.
This is what I was afraid of. I take it there are no difficulty settings?

no difficulty settings.

any gameplay difficulty seems to mostly be a titrating/scaling system based on how often you die or dont die. The combat starts off easy and can get to be fairly challenging with multiple opponents, but overall not that difficult a game from what I've played so far. You end up getting ridiculously powerful like most other types of these games. I'm sure that was the intention, but it just doesn't feel as rewarding/impact as it would be if you actually had to make sacrifices to acquire that power.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I'm sorry but the MC is ruining this game for me, his dialogue choices are abysmal and he is a complete pussy wanker, there's absolutely no posibility to roleplay here, none whatsoever. Also it seem you cant make real choices on the outcome of quests and the MC already has his own shitty morals, ideals, opinions and you are forced to follow them, why advertise this game as a storydriven roleplaying game then? I mean even Geralt from Witcher, which was already an established character still has more roleplay ability than this british plonker. The gameplay doesn't help the game either, it's sloppy, it feels stiff, no weight behind your attacks, it's the definition of sub-par.

A 5/10, maybe even lower if I go further but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
What? difficulty scales by how many times you die? I thought it only scales by levels, like some games if you are 5 levels below your enemy they can one shot you with 10X normal damage but if you reach them 3 levels below them you get the normal damage or something.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wanted to comment some things about the music. The choir and the cellist are very good performers, the things they are singing and playing aren't easy at all. It's obvious they are professionals. I'm also happy that modern techniques, orchestration and musical language are being used to great effect without alienating the casual listener, while still being relevant to our current cultural climate. The music itself is a bit background-y, but I don't fault them for that, going all out would've been too much for now.

have you ever had sex with a cellist? I've always wanted to try it, but it's just been pianists and woodwinds and singers and the occasional violinist for me.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I wanted to comment some things about the music. The choir and the cellist are very good performers, the things they are singing and playing aren't easy at all. It's obvious they are professionals. I'm also happy that modern techniques, orchestration and musical language are being used to great effect without alienating the casual listener, while still being relevant to our current cultural climate. The music itself is a bit background-y, but I don't fault them for that, going all out would've been too much for now.
I really enjoyed the music in the fourth neighbourhood. The violin is really good.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
No, the only musician I've had sex with was an electric guitarist. She wasn't very good, in both spheres.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No, the only musician I've had sex with was an electric guitarist. She wasn't very good, in both spheres.

How do you get a music degree without tearing your way through the orchestra? Is this a "don't shit where you eat" thing?

I'm convinced the cellists are the holy grail, but maybe that's just because they need to play with their legs spread. Just imagine what those cello thighs can do:

www.google.com_2015-05-19_02-46-56.jpeg

Guitarists are all over the place, though.

Lacrymas

Arcane
You'd think a musical academy would be extremely sexed up, turns out it's not really true, at least in my sphere. My degree is in composition, so I don't really have that much connection with any of the orchestras. My viola and piano studies are completely separate from that as well. There's a percussionist who I think likes me, he acts like an overexcited schoolgirl around me, and I'd like to... get to know him better, but we'll see. So, yeah, not very sexual at all. Kinda disappointing, but there you go.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You'd think a musical academy would be extremely sexed up, turns out it's not really true, at least in my sphere. My degree is in composition, so I don't really have that much connection with any of the orchestras. My viola and piano studies are completely separate from that as well. There's a percussionist who I think likes me, he acts like an overexcited schoolgirl around me, and I'd like to... get to know him better, but we'll see. So, yeah, not very sexual at all. Kinda disappointing, but there you go.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
You need a real man in your life woman babe! Go to chalga club and get drunk like a cossack during the weekends!

wyes gull

Savant
I'm convinced the cellists are the holy grail, but maybe that's just because they need to play with their legs spread.
Impeccable taste, sir. The display of dominance and nurture all at once and the exposed manner in which it happens never fails to get me worked up. Even with the otherwise unattractive ones.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just finished the game,must say that i have never watch such a wank in my life. The ending is like 15 minutes of soap opera,at least i get meet the best character in the whole game. Now that i have finished i am certain that the protagonist is the writer and the story is his delusions and fantasies. I never expected to play a RPG where i hate the player's character the most. You don't have a voice or a choice in the whole game. Only choices are about what to do with the pillars and who to eat,pointless in it self. The protagonist does have its believes,feelings and ideas while ignoring all of yours unless they are the same.

Oh and the final battle was a joke,didn't even use any kind of skills,just mash the enemy with the weapon i found at the beginning of the game.

The game as a whole is pretty mediocre and meh,i am not sorry to have played it but i won't be replaying it in the future. The game is pirate material or very cheap sale,not worth the money in my opinion.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Eh, I'd expect C&C from deciding who you eat, rather than narrative choices. You are playing a set character from the beginning, it's pretty obvious you won't have much input in that way. If the game does change depending on who you eat, it'd have been a tremendous undertaking to choose in any other way, so I understand if they went with that.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Big spoiler.

This bitch destroyed me. Well, fuck it. I need to drain someone.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Eh, I'd expect C&C from deciding who you eat, rather than narrative choices. You are playing a set character from the beginning, it's pretty obvious you won't have much input in that way. If the game does change depending on who you eat, it'd have been a tremendous undertaking to choose in any other way, so I understand if they went with that.
Meh,eating people is not a big deal,you are never starved for xp/blood. I killed only a few people. It feels like a BG or Gothic in that aspect,you can kill everyone but you see no reason to do it. I finished the game around 30-35 without any problems.

toro,upgrade your club mate. I never had any problem with the bosses after the cemetery fight.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Looking at videos the combat actually looks pretty good/smooth - is it somehow much worse when you play yourself?

Bocian

Arcane
One of the best games released in the decade so far.
I dropped the game when a stay-at-home dad has given me a quest to find his wife that was a part of a military expedition.
Besides, fighting in this game is boring like hell.

My advice is to identify the individuals who only use the forum as an excuse to burn crosses etc. and put them on ignore. Then identify the opposition who only exist to complain about the cross burning (you're in danger of becoming one of these btw) and also put them on ignore. What's left will be the people who want to talk about games.
This comes from a man(?) who has over 100 people on his ignore list. Way to go.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Looking at videos the combat actually looks pretty good/smooth - is it somehow much worse when you play yourself?
The combat is really smooth and feels responsive,sadly it gets old and boring fast.You can find the most useful weapons in the first chapter and just upgrade them during the game.

DeepOcean

Arcane
But, you know, of course the game is going to reflect modern western sensibilities. Like it or not, the culture war is over in the first world and the forces of progress won. .
There was never a war to begin with.Sjw have had full control of courts ,media and politics for decades.All they are doing now is moping up any resistance.
For games that means the only way to get anything published that is not sjw is to be independent and finance yourself,which is a nightmare.
You are way too pessimistic, those institutions they hold now will be of little cultural value on the future after this whole corrupt system ends on its terminal phase. You will be amazed how people quickly change when they are actually forced to work for living instead of inventing bullshit reasons to get hand outs from the government directly stolen from the people that actually work. Well, on the near future, if they don't change, at least natural selection will soon make sure their genes don't propagate.

Xeon

Augur
Fuck this fight, seems simple but she has one attack that can instant kill you and its making me waste a lot of opportunities to hit her by being too careful and not get killed by that attack.

Not sure what the priest's role in this fight other that being eaten by me or Marie, wonder if you can even save him for something.

Barbarian

Arcane
One of the best games released in the decade so far.
I dropped the game when a stay-at-home dad has given me a quest to find his wife that was a part of a military expedition.
Besides, fighting in this game is boring like hell.

You are nuts man, combat in conquistador was a blast. And you abandoned the game before it really began to pick up pace. The whole "female conquistador" thing was indeed complete bullshit, but it was more than compensated by the other politically incorrect things they boldly added to the game.

Honestly if they ever make "Expeditions: Crusader" I won't really mind ahistorical female crusader characters as long as they allow me to play a zealous crusader on a quest to free the holy land from the infidel and do all the things that entails(including succeeding).

Generic-Giant-Spider

How do you get a music degree without tearing your way through the orchestra? Is this a "don't shit where you eat" thing

I cannot believe someone would bother to learn an instrument and not use it as a way to nail women. Unless it's one of those gay instruments like the harp.

But if you're putting in the work to learn the organ and don't have any aspirations about fucking weird Wiccan chicks to Toccota and Fugue then what are you doing?

Cael

Arcane
In the early 1900s? Bwahahahahahaha! And the cucks here claim there is no SJW messages in the game :D

Felix

Arcane
Every "rpgs" should have as dialogue option instead of forcing player to listen to npc's inane opinions.

Covenant

Savant
Big spoiler.
This bitch destroyed me. Well, fuck it. I need to drain someone.

Is it just me or was that voice actress really phoning it in? Is it that bad throughout the game?

I don't know, maybe it was just the bad writing.
inigo-thumb-375xauto-2548.jpg
They didn't exactly restrain themselves, did they?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom