Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Various CRPGs I like

I don't know how to title this or if this is the right place to post this but I want people to know:

Classic Fallout
Modern Wasteland
Kenshi
Death Trash
Disco Elysium (I haven't played much of it yet though)

These games are awesome and inspire me to make my own setting which I hope can be used for comic books and CRPGs.

What about you guys what CRPGs would you recommend to others, and do they inspire you to do anything? Also would anybody be interested in hearing about my setting? Is this the type of forum to discuss such a thing?

Laz Sundays

Educated
I don't know how to title this or if this is the right place to post this but I want people to know:

Classic Fallout
Modern Wasteland
Kenshi
Death Trash
Disco Elysium (I haven't played much of it yet though)

These games are awesome and inspire me to make my own setting which I hope can be used for comic books and CRPGs.

What about you guys what CRPGs would you recommend to others, and do they inspire you to do anything? Also would anybody be interested in hearing about my setting? Is this the type of forum to discuss such a thing?
There are tons of topics that you can find here or post your own. However, Codex is a.. hm, well it's a wretched hive of scum and villany. People here are almost allergic to nice. The general vibe is that of a Shark tank, Eternal Void of the Abyss, Circus only every clown is It, and so on.

People will say nigger and faggot here without blinking. Which is great in it's own way, but many newcomers come underprepared. Browse other threads, read forum messages, know your audience. It's a magical place

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I think the Gazebo sub forum is the right place discussing that.

Vlajdermen

Arcane
I think the Gazebo sub forum is the right place discussing that.
True, that is the subforum with the least amount of anthrax. Though, that's not saying much.

ropetight

Savant
Don't listen to naysayers, Codex can be beautiful place if you have some skin and spine.
Amount of knowledge about RPGs here is second to none, so it is worth a bit of necessary gatekeeping and edginess.

Might & Magic and Wizardry were really inspirational, and some earlier more obscure RPGSs on Amiga made me scribble in notebooks for months.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What about you guys what CRPGs would you recommend to others, and do they inspire you to do anything?
According to the RPG Codex GOTY 2022 poll, the answer is

The Impregnation of the Elves: Conquest of the Arrogant Fairies

17817.jpg

Falksi

Arcane
Death Trash looks kinda cool, appreciate that heads up on that one, has gone under my radar.

As for settings/vibe, a fucking LURVE Serpent in the Staglands. I think intro and first few hours of that game are utterly divine, and that it could have potentially been the greatest CRPG ever had the world not felt so lifeless and the combat been so lame.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
The prologue of Encased tickled that Fallout itch. Sadly, the game falls off a cliff afterwards. There are also very good Fallout mods, e.g., Fallout Nevada.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom