Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Voidspire sequel: Alvora Tactics

Zetor

Arcane
Aww yeah, time to spam my steam friends! Though it's disheartening when the main responses I get about VT and AT are to the effect of I can't get past the graphics -- retro is one thing, but at least make it PS1-era sprites or at best Man, that game sounds really awesome, and I'd play the heck out of it... on my phone. Can't use my PC for games nowadays though. :moderngaming:
Anyone experiencing weird things with the short cut bar? Some of the skills I purchased on a character aren't actually showing up on the bar. Sadly I can't move the skill from the class list directly onto the bar.

I haven't seen this yet. Let me know if it happens again.
FWIW, it happened to me when I hired the 6th party member I was building towards an enchanter/sage (so tons of warrior/scholar xp). I switched him between scholar/warrior a few times (perhaps even in the city right after recruitment, possible relation to the 'crash when training abilities to a non-party member' bug?), but the warrior abilities were not showing up on the bar -- the scholar abilities did, but they started at like position 6. In the end it didn't matter because I wasn't planning on a warrior secondary for the guy.

Last edited:

Ent

Savant
Am I missing something about the ruined city? I gone through it a couple of times and the main things I get out of it is usually
fights with robots for shock parts and fighting that eye thing

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey Zetor, you reviewed Telepath Tactics for us once. Ever considered doing another review?

Zetor

Arcane
Hey Zetor, you reviewed Telepath Tactics for us once. Ever considered doing another review?
Hmm -- on one hand, it's another chance to talk shit about Gorky 17 in a throwaway comment pontificate about SRPGs on the PC, but on the other hand my RL schedule is going to be pretty intense in the next few weeks :effort:

I must meditate on this... perhaps a ruin/ironman playthrough on steam is in order!

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer

I like this idea. : )

Am I missing something about the ruined city? I gone through it a couple of times and the main things I get out of it is usually
fights with robots for shock parts and fighting that eye thing

There is a deeply hidden secret there, but it's completely optional to completing the game. Otherwise it's just scattered loot & fights.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Why do real rpgs not get any news posted about them? But non rpgs do? What the fuck is wrong with this site? Recently both this is Star Crawler. Someone should be fired.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

For love of God, please upload Voidspire soundtrack somewhere, it is go great.

I'm all for people buying this game but have you ever heard of Curtis Mayfield, Led Zeppelin, The Four Tops, Quicksilver Messenger Service, or for more recent examples Alt-J, Santigold, Portugal the Man, Lil Wayne, Kid Cudi, Del, Band of Skulls, etc, etc.

There is music so much better than anything you will find in any game. Of any music genre. I hate country for the most part but there are even country music objectively better than any game music. Seriously, try listening to some classical pieces, move on to Metallica playing with Orchestras, then watch either Guardian of the Galaxy and see what music good enough to be played on good radio stations can offer you if you think the shit in games is worth listening to. Your mind is going to be fucking blown away.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think I encountered a bug when choosing passives. I have character with warrior and breaker classes. I want to choose the first passive from warrior (retaliate on attack) and the first from breaker (try to break weapon when being attacked). No matter how I select the passives, they override themselves. Is that an intended design?

I own Voidspire but Alvora is the first game I'm playing and I think it's very good. The music becomes a bit repetitive, but it's not a big problem for me. Definitely one of the best games from this year!

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
For love of God, please upload Voidspire soundtrack somewhere, it is go great.

I'd love to, but I don't have ownership of the music. It's mainly CC or used by permission. Most of it is by Kevin Phetsomphou, and he has his music posted all up on his channel.

However, if you want it all at once, it's worth noting that Voidspire conveniently stores all its music in .wav format in the Content folder. : P

I think I encountered a bug when choosing passives. I have character with warrior and breaker classes. I want to choose the first passive from warrior (retaliate on attack) and the first from breaker (try to break weapon when being attacked). No matter how I select the passives, they override themselves. Is that an intended design?

I own Voidspire but Alvora is the first game I'm playing and I think it's very good. The music becomes a bit repetitive, but it's not a big problem for me. Definitely one of the best games from this year!

Glad you're enjoying it!

It is indeed intended that you can only use one Counter passive at once. (The exception being if the Counters are triggered by different things. For example, you can equip Counter and Counter Shot because one triggers on melee, the other ranged. Counter and Counter Break are both triggered by melee attacks and are thus incompatible.)

Sarastro

Novice
I finally got to play the game this week and I really enjoyed it so far. The new classes seem to be pretty cool. I love the Defiler, infecting Enemies with nasty status effects is totally my thing.:P

Only thing I'm missing is the open world exploration and the secrets from Voidspire tactics, but I knew what i was getting so no complaint, the game is definitely worth its price (and more).

I also caught a bug:
When I fought against parties with balancers, they used preserve on themselves and then nothing happened. I think the spell should revive them, if they are knocked out, but this did not happen.

This game is actually fucking amazing, I can't believe I haven't heard about it until now. Best tactical RPG that I've played since Divinity OS

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
New patch! v1.04 is out on Steam. Hoping to get it onto itch.io shortly.

Here are the complete patch notes.

The highlight is the addition of controller support. It is now possible to play through Alvora Tactics with just a controller (or just a keyboard). It's still a little rough around the edges but this is sort of a beta for it.

Other stuff includes some monster balance fixes, encounter bugfixes, and fixing a potential infinite loop with counterattacks.

K6zqEcO.gif

Sarastro: glad you're enjoying it! Preserve broke sometime in v1.03, but should work now.

@Bellegar: thanks man! : )

Namutree

Savant
Just got this game a little bit ago, and am a bit confused.

Can you choose your starting classes or am I stuck with this default team set up?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Can you choose your starting classes or am I stuck with this default team set up?
anyone can unlock and use any class. In fact, using alot of different basic classes are the key to unlock the advanc

you can change all your classes on every char by opening your skill screen and double clicking the diff class icons.

edit: after you've started the game, not during creation

Jinn

Arcane
I started playing it in earnest yesterday too myself! Game is really great, but yeah, I do miss the exploration of Voidspire a lot. However, this is clearly a different type of game, and it seems to do very well at what it's doing as more of a dungeon crawler. Once again, deserves way more attention not only around here, but in general. Rad Codex is quickly becoming one of my favorite developers. And that music, duuuuuude!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I started playing it in earnest yesterday too myself! Game is really great, but yeah, I do miss the exploration of Voidspire a lot. However, this is clearly a different type of game, and it seems to do very well at what it's doing as more of a dungeon crawler. Once again, deserves way more attention not only around here, but in general. Rad Codex is quickly becoming one of my favorite developers. And that music, duuuuuude!
sadly people are shallow. i reccomended this game to some people, and they say the graphics looks crap.

geez. they're missing out so much.

Jinn

Arcane
I actually really admire what has been achieved with the aesthetic of this series. Clearly there is room for improvement, but there is never a moment where I don't enjoy looking at the screen. Love the spell effects and environments. Character models are a little more awkward, but overall I enjoy their look. And as has been stated before, the game really looks better in motion than one would think.

But yeah, people are shallow and are missing out on some really excellent tactical rpg gameplay because of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom