Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Voidspire Tactics

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just saying, I agree with V_K but I also love the little text effects! Love that sort of polish. The "Furious" text looks furious!

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
I just hope that there'll be a setting that allows to display the whole response instanteneously.
Definitely!

Just saying, I agree with V_K but I also love the little text effects! Love that sort of polish. The "Furious" text looks furious!
Thanks! I still have to experiment with different effects to see what else looks neat.

@Infinitron You have got a few days to prepare the news post.
I like this line of thinking : P

The game'll be going on sale (albeit at a fairly small discount) as well. I'll be sending out press emails to hopefully get some coverage - in the future, should I send 'em to the Codex too? Despite all the reviews, I wasn't sure if this's the type of place that does review copies and such.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Fuckin' shameful, somebody just buy and review it. Goddamn, we're getting cool RPGs! Encourage it, Infinitron , Crooked Bee !
I'm but a poor student, I hardly have time for games. I'd give this attention! I'd give this hype, but I just can't right now.

But I can see with my own 2 eyes that the game deserves it.

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
Review will come out once SiTS review comes out.

Oh, awesome! I was only kidding, but that's exciting. Whoever's doing the review, just pretend I'm not here. : P

Patch will be out tomorrow, so I'll post the changelog here when it hits.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Bah, Mustawd is most likely pulling your chain, as the SiTS review has been on the backburner for ages.

I hope somebody else steps to the plate, though :(

Mustawd

I guess I now have to buy this game and review it.

What I get for trying to be edgy I suppose.

Mustawd

How long is this game? I can buy it next Friday and try to play through it.

V_K

Arcane
Roughly 12 to 20 hours, dependind on how thoroughly you explore, how good you are at finding secrets and how many battles you avoid. Some people on Steam have ~40 hours on record, but that probably includes replays.

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
Haha, woops. I don't know what SiTS is short for, and Google wasn't helpful... Hope you enjoy Voidspire though!

12 hours is a good estimate. I can't imagine spending more than 20 hours on a single playthrough unless someone wanted to find every single secret.

Jinn

Arcane
I don't know what SiTS is short for, and Google wasn't helpful...

It stands for Serpent in the Staglands, a great CRPG released last year. The developers of that also come around and talk to us every so often.

ColCol

Arcane
Boo, we need a voidspire review. Also, is the SITS lands review not really happening?

And back to voidspire. Are there any secret battles?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Many battles are hidden, so I probably don't understand your question.
Concerning noteworthy examples there's a big spider somewhere I can't remember and a big eye in a cave in the first pink zone that you can easily miss.

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
It stands for Serpent in the Staglands, a great CRPG released last year. The developers of that also come around and talk to us every so often.

Ahh, gotcha. I'll have to check that out, it looks pretty cool.

Loads of 'em. I can think of 6 secret boss battles off the top of my head.

Hmmm, interestink. Is this coming in the next few weeks?

(Buying another game right now would displease thet Backlog Gods. But then... hnnng.)

It'll be on sale later today! I'd have started it earlier, but Valve does everything in PST.

Time for some patch notes!

• added more craftable Fang equipment (bow, crossbow, greatsword, shield, armor) to complete the set.
    • changed graphics, description, and name of Fine Bag and Fine Satchel (now Huge Bag and Huge Satchel) for the sake of clarity.
    • added a Huge Bag to an early area for easier inventory management.
    • increased damage of Shiftcloak's "Whirl", "Sudden Shot", and "Backstep Shot".
    • fixed Wind Skill reducing the damage of Blade's "Shockwave".
    • fixed being able to revive long-dead NPCs.
    • fixed staircase bug in Spiretop.
    • fixed rare bug where fleeing/ending combat in certain ways could add enemies to your party.
    • made the cracks on Cracked Stone blocks more visible.
    • tweaked secret super-hard boss fight to be more interesting and harder to cheese.
    • various minor bugfixes.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
tweaked secret super-hard boss fight to be more interesting and harder to cheese.

If you mean the guy with the levers and the portcullises, I'm glad - he was quite easy to cheese in the last version, it just took a long time.

Jinn

Arcane
Perfect timing for me! I needed some kind of tactical RPG to split my time between Stellaris with and I've been wanting to play this for a long time now.

I'll probably start playing within the next couple days and post some thoughts shortly after.

Zetor

Arcane
Yea, same here -- gonna try to put some time aside to play this!

Anyone try the two highest difficulty (not AI) levels, and if so, where are they on the fun-o-meter? Like... with a +60% buff to enemy stats, does the player need metagame knowledge / grinding / praying to RNGesus to overcome the tougher fights, or are all crit-path encounters all doable on a first playthrough when applying a sufficient amount of Tacticool-Os?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom