Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

volourn's prestigious review of dragon age 2 demo

Did you like this review?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
The key to understanding volourn is that he thinks FF8 is one of top 10 best rpgs.

Hegel

Arcane
Volo is like the madman from Nietzsche's "The Gay Science".

I seek God! I seek God!”–As many of those who did not believe in God were standing around just then, he provoked much laughter. Has he got lost? asked one. Did he lose his way like a child? asked another. Or is he hiding? Is he afraid of us? Has he gone on a voyage? emigrated?–Thus they yelled and laughed.

The madman jumped into their midst and pierced them with his eyes. “Whither is God?” he cried; “I will tell you. We have killed him–you and I. All of us are his murderers. But how did we do this? How could we drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What were we doing when we unchained this earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving? Away from all suns? Are we not plunging continually? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions?

I'm with Volourn. Everyone can of course download and play and discuss the DA2 demo to their heart's content, but the general impression is indeed that of people first expressing deep distaste for anything DA, scrutinizing precisely why they felt offended by its design choices, filler combat, gay romances and pretty much everything else, explaining why they expect more of the same (only worse) from DA2; then going on to download the demo, play it and come back to complain about it being exactly what they knew it would be (slightly modified DA) in several separate threads. Granted, they may in fact be largely different people (I'm the first to admit I don't follow DA2 discussions very closely -- DA is not really my cup of tea and there are far too many of them anyway), but the resulting effect is somewhat comical.

Also, Volly is an iconic poster and he's often funny -- funnier than most people who try a lot harder.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Hegel said:
I seek RPGs! I seek RPGs!”–As many of those who did not believe in RPGs were standing around just then, he provoked much laughter. Has he got lost? asked one. Did he lose his way like a child? asked another. Or is he trolling? Is he butthurt? Has he gone onto another board? Made an alt?–Thus they yelled and laughed.

The madman jumped into their midst and pierced them with his eyes. “Whither are the RPGs?” he cried; “I will tell you. We have killed them–you and I. All of us are the murderers. But how did we do this? How could we drink up the choices? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the consequences? What were we doing when we unchained this genre from its incline? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving? Away from all gameplay? Are we not plunging continually? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions?

:hmmm:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Marquess Cornwallis said:
Also, Volly is an iconic poster and he's often funny -- funnier than most people who try a lot harder.

Yes. This forum would do better with a few more Volourns. Period.

sgc_meltdown said:
Marquess Cornwallis said:

Yes. This forum would do better with a few more Volourns. Period.
Yes, but which one would wear the crown?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
R00fles indeed!

P.S. More Volourns would be bad as there CAN. ONLY. BE. ONE.!!!

Captain_Obvious

Scholar
The demo is actually worse than the one for Gothic 4:Arcania, BIO really outdid themselves this time.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
The Ninth Circle said:
Yes, but which one would wear the crown?

The codex will hold special pageants to determine the s0zzyness of each candidate. Traits like r00fling and being an ass will be determined by popular vote. The winner will get to larp a queen at an undisclosed location in europe. There will be pictures.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom