Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
also color palette

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
It will be nice if there is a new single player game in warcraft. An RPG will be the best one.
just released bro, enjoy

WR_Updated_News_Trailer_Thumbnail_1920x1080.png
Strong Dungeon Keeper mobile abomination vibes.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Blizzard initially pitched Gamers Workshop a Warhammer game, but got rejected and it turned into WarCraft down the track. I've always connected the big shoulder aesthetic with Warhammer.

I guess if Warhammer is this brutal neo-nazi game it's only obvious that the opposite should exist as well, right? So it makes sense that WoW is turning into this lgbtq trans shit, right?

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
In Warhammer they always out brutal the last thing that happened. In WoW they just out gay it with the next expansion.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I guess if Warhammer is this brutal neo-nazi game
Not surprised at all cretins would say that but haven't heard it say explicitly yet. Afaik noone's trying to cancel Warhammer yet, tons of new games coming out all the time and a show is under construction.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not surprised at all cretins would say that but haven't heard it say explicitly yet. Afaik noone's trying to cancel Warhammer yet, tons of new games coming out all the time and a show is under construction.
I don't agree with it. It's part of public perception tho.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I doubt the Warhammer show is going to be close to what it should be. I'll still watch it and think it's good for the first season at least. Cavil is alright in my book, but most of the projects he's in have a very charming personality attached to some sort of mediocrity. In a way the things he is in remind me of a taste similar to the sweet syrup of nostalgia.

"Jolly me, I feel like watching The Man from U.N.C.L.E., that one movie that is almost really good, but kinda not that good at the same time. The one that didn't got the sequel they wanted."

I feel sorta the same about the Witcher show. But, at least we know who's to blame for that one, right? Fucking women.
It goes the same way with Superman. It's kinda good and kinda bad at the same time. And they still didn't get the sequel. I don't even wanna know who the fuck is at fault there. The OST wasn't half bad.
I'll let it slide for Mission Impossible. He had a nice mustache there.

Can you guess who's the main man in most of those? Henry. Effin. Cavil.
You know, some people say life goes in repeating patterns and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm seeing a pattern here.
I hope with him being an executive producer, whatever the fuck that means, and hopefully the right team he gets to lead a project that's undisputedly of good quality.

I can't really call the guy a "good actor" just based on a few hot sex scenes in the Tudors.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Henry Cavill is severely overrated, most people just like him because he's both hot and somewhat of a nerd at the same time.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I guess if Warhammer is this brutal neo-nazi game it's only obvious that the opposite should exist as well, right? So it makes sense that WoW is turning into this lgbtq trans shit, right?
Warhammer Fantasy, of which Warcraft is the rip-off, doesn't really have a brutal neo-nazi vibe. Just fantasy Renaissance, with all that entails.

TedNugent

Arcane

That Warcraft 2 remake doesn't look too good.

Jesus Christ, just do yourselves a favor and play the original.

It might be old, and the UI is ancient, but it still has lots of charm and character that this is lacking. At least Blizzard had the presence of mind to make an authentic Diablo II remake, and even reforged at least doesn't do anything to the core gameplay or story arc. I might even be able to begrudgingly forgive them of the sin for taking oldschool Battlenet offline, raping clans, and basically shutting the OG game down because at least they are releasing balance patches for a 20 year old game. Mind you, I'm still not going to buy it, and definitely not for this mod.

I am a softy for WarIII for the countless hours of joy it brought me in my formative years, so I hope you all won't begrudge me for saying that the Warcraft franchise jumped the shark when WoW came out. Get that shit away from classic Warcraft.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Warcraft 2 suffers from most campaign maps requiring naval combat and ferrying troops around. There is nothing more boring than waiting for a fleet to be built and then painstakingly loading all your units on boats.

WC2 is generally a pretty fast game and you don't need 200 units to win maps, like 9 battleships and 4 transports is enough most of the time.

Hobknobling

Learned
That Warcraft 2 remake doesn't look too good.
Jesus Christ, just do yourselves a favor and play the original.

It might be old, and the UI is ancient, but it still has lots of charm and character that this is lacking. At least Blizzard had the presence of mind to make an authentic Diablo II remake, and even reforged at least doesn't do anything to the core gameplay or story arc. I might even be able to begrudgingly forgive them of the sin for taking oldschool Battlenet offline, raping clans, and basically shutting the OG game down because at least they are releasing balance patches for a 20 year old game. Mind you, I'm still not going to buy it, and definitely not for this mod.

I am a softy for WarIII for the countless hours of joy it brought me in my formative years, so I hope you all won't begrudge me for saying that the Warcraft franchise jumped the shark when WoW came out. Get that shit away from classic Warcraft.
The reason for that is that it really wasn't done by Blizzard, it was done by Vicarious Visions which was absorbed into Blizzard as they were working on it. Vicarious Visions also did the recent remakes of Crash Bandicoot and Tony Hawk which were both very well received.

Lacrymas

Arcane
But Vicarious Visions outsourced a lot of the graphical work to a company in some Asian country, afaik.

Warcraft 2 suffers from most campaign maps requiring naval combat and ferrying troops around. There is nothing more boring than waiting for a fleet to be built and then painstakingly loading all your units on boats.
Base game of W3 was one of the very few RTS campaigns I bothered to finish, generally playing RTS single player bores the crap out of me. But then I started the expansion and here comes that tedious boat shit with loading/unloading units all the time so I quit it at beginning and never returned.

Harthwain

Magister
I don't agree with it. It's part of public perception tho.
A few idiots don't make it "public perception". It's just a few idiots who spark a discussion, but that's different from it being a majority view.

Henry Cavill is severely overrated, most people just like him because he's both hot and somewhat of a nerd at the same time.
Eh, I will take someone who isn't afraid to show he's a nerd over someone who has no clue what he's involved in yet pretends he likes it. So far Cavill didn't give me a reason to think negatively of him, quite to the contrary.

I liked it. Having a navy gave these missions "combined arms" feel and transporting troops was pretty easy (so much that I never was a problem for me). Unit selection limit was way bigger problem. Which became even more pronounced in Starcraft 1 as Starcraft 1 made the actual use of more numerous armies (especially in case of the Zerg, but Terran Marines + Tanks were also a very popular strategy). Warcraft 3 sort-of fixed it by making higher tier units much more powerful and way more unit cap-consuming (relative to Starcraft 1). As a result it was easier to control higher quality armies.

You can also say Warcraft 3 is a gem that probably won't ever be replicated and you'd be more correct.
It had a lot of serious shit in it too.
Yeah. Whatever else people want to say about Wacraft 3, it was still a game in which Blizzard was innovating and moving forward. World of Warcraft (released after that) was their last revolutionary game. Everything else after that was either a decline (Starcraft 2) or a remake (often a bad one).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom