Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Erebus

Arcane
The achievements are definitely buggy. I'm still near the beginning of Act 1, and the game is telling me that I've explored all of the systems in the Koronus Expanse.

Also, the transition between the Prologue and Act 1 had very choppy animation, though that may just be because my PC is getting rather old.

Hellion

Arcane
20231211030157_1.jpg

After I skipped the buggy main quest trigger using ToyBox I managed to finish the game at about 80 hours, having skipped almost half the companion sidequests and several other optional quests in chapters 4-5 due to bugs, but these were still enough for me to get a "bad ending" for some characters and locations.

It will be a great game once they patch it.

PS. There's no option to continue playing after the finale, so once again people have to wrap everything up before reaching the "point of no return".

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
about 80 hours

So I guess it's probably 100ish hours with the rest of the side content with TB combat

This is MUCH shorter than either Pathfinder game where RtwP playthrough would net 120ish hour

Yeah, I think with TB, Kingmaker took me like 200 hours. Thereabouts anyway.

EDIT: The funny thing is, I think this was about the same, or maybe even faster than it would've been on RTWP. On RTWP what kept happening was that someone would explode and I'd have to pause and start combing through the combat log to try and figure out what happened, then realize it was some sort of crit chain that triggered a ton of AOEs and just nuked someone, whether an enemy or a PC.

Shaki

Arbiter
about 80 hours

So I guess it's probably 100ish hours with the rest of the side content with TB combat

This is MUCH shorter than either Pathfinder game where RtwP playthrough would net 120ish hour
Probably depends on difficulty level and playstyle a lot. Some people also finished pathfinders pretty quickly.

Playing on unfair, I just finished first chapter of Rogue Trader, and I already have nearly 40 hours, so I doubt I'll finish under ~120h

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Do you remember those inmates you had the option of saving in Act 1? Well if you did save them, later on you get to talk with one of the vendors from the Fellowship of the Void and they offer you a 5% discount once you bring it up. However, it's bugged and instead of getting a 5% discount all of the items they offer are +5 more expensive.

Shaki

Arbiter
Do you remember those inmates you had the option of saving in Act 1? Well if you did save them, later on you get to talk with one of the vendors from the Fellowship of the Void and they offer you a 5% discount once you bring it up. However, it's bugged and instead of getting a 5% discount all of the items they offer are +5 more expensive.
That's what you get for sparing heretical scum :incline:

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Tell me about it. I even saved the peasants at the end of Act I. Can't wait to see how everything blows up in my face.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I dunno which path is worse: Going full Heretic or going full Iconoclast. Either way you're bound to fuck yourself horribly.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seems like I can't get the thing to increase my PR from "exemplar" at lv 37. The "feat" is completely bugged and requires conflicting stuff. But I found a staff and if someone wonders how powerful Molten Beam is with PR = 5 :

IJbmzSv.png
6ifGVcd.png

I till think that psyker is the greatest problem of this game. No Telekynesis, not a single iconic Dark Heresy power and a free update for wotr introduced more spells than all psyker powers in this game.
-----------------------------------
Anyway, seems like I lost the SM companion forever. I din't found how to free him.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Anyway, seems like I lost the SM companion forever. I din't found how to free him.
You need to loot those genetic samples to ask the Haemonculus favors, I know I initially missed looting the bird thing that attacks you in the storybook section, there's also a medicae check in the rest area that gives you one which I believe is needed to get everything out of him.
I don't like how they did this, I feel like a lot of people are going to accidentally lock themselves out of getting Ulfar.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyway, this game manages to nerf "casters" in relation to P&P more than nwn2.

I uninstalled the game and will only play it when someone makes a "psyker fix" mod like NWN2 has. Don't get me wrong, you still can be useful using your archetype abilities but psyker power in this game sucks. I wanna to cause massive firestorms reducing enemies to dust, stop bullets Matrix style, summon multiple forcebolts to tear apart enemies, make my enemy blood boil at the same time that I transform their blood into poison and use lifeforce to create massive lightning storms Sith style. All of this is present in TT.

I'm not saying that the game sucks cuz psyker sucks cuz there are lots of interesting weapons and melee combat in this game is great. For now, I will go back to my 10th level wlk hardcore ddo character. When a mod like spell fixes come, them I will enjoy this game.

razvedchiki

Magister
20231211030157_1.jpg

After I skipped the buggy main quest trigger using ToyBox I managed to finish the game at about 80 hours, having skipped almost half the companion sidequests and several other optional quests in chapters 4-5 due to bugs, but these were still enough for me to get a "bad ending" for some characters and locations.

PS. There's no option to continue playing after the finale, so once again people have to wrap everything up before reaching the "point of no return".

do you fight necrons late game?

Yoomazir

Educated
I keep reading that Argenta is op, that she can mower groups asap. Yet for some reason she completely suck, and not in a good way, in my group, she can't hit for shit...

TheDarkUrge

Educated
:bounce: I still haven't left character select for my solo campaign, I have no idea what to do for my class. I usually play mage, but in this game if you only cast spells you literally kill yourself. I blew up heinrix into a blue horror in my co-op campaign barely casting anything.

I was thinking about pyromancer assassin to set myself on fire and just run down people but I'm already playing abelard and heinrix in co-op who are also both melee.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
--------------

Owlcat_Eyler there is any reason for OwlCat to reduce the maximum speed up animation in turn based combat from 10 in kingmaker to 3 in wotr and removing this option in RT? I'm really enjoying this game, already got 10 hours and while writing this message, I am waiting for 8 enemies to take their turns.

Other thing, the encounter with tech priests in the act 1, is possible to kill them before the reactor explodes without using grenades, plasma weapons and other aoe stuff?
Press space during their turns or adjust it in the game settings.
So I am stuck at the end of Chapter 1, the Boss does not spawn. I'm getting my Kingmaker PTSD triggered again.

Owlcat_Eyler Are you guys able to fix a save right before heading back to the landing pad in after fighting Aurora?
The only one good way to know that is to send a bug report

I already sent it, there have been reports about this since january on reddit. What is your average response time?

I got the game on GoG I can still return it, I would rather not but I am not willing to wait weeks until you got your bugtracker unclogged. (I worked in QA I can imagine there is a lot right now)
tnx, I'll try to look for your report manually and pass it on to QA team later. But I'm not sure about save fixing :/

After sleeping a night over it I am willing to start new, as I can optimise my char anyways BUT do you have any Insight how to avoid the issue with the CSM battle?
I tried to find your report but to no avail. Do you remember any key phrases you wrote there? As I understand it, the CSM doesn't spawn in the Space Port, right?

I don't. I believe I have written something about the sequence after the Aurora fight not spawning, Could be that I named it after the location (the Monastary which name I can't spell out) and sequence or boss fight not spawning or something.

I deemed it critical and described that I was unable to progress without knowledge of what should have happened and that it's the only save I have prior to the CSM fight.

I really hope your Bug-sending tool actually works. If all fails I still have the save and can send it over manually.
Found this bug and reported it to the team - they say it should be fixed in the next patch. They say that you'll just need to take the shuttle at the monastery. I got it that you've already managed to move further, so I’m just reporting
20231211030157_1.jpg

Gratz!

Salvo

Arcane
I keep reading that Argenta is op, that she can mower groups asap. Yet for some reason she completely suck, and not in a good way, in my group, she can't hit for shit...
Her starting weapon is bad / her stats don't compensate for the high recoil.
For the early game you can compensate by either giving her a las weapon (partially ignores enemy dodge) or by stacking buffs with Idira / an Officer.
Once she gets a couple of stacks of Revel in Slaughter going she will start mowing everything with crits.

Get her to LV 15 and pick up Arch-Militant and she becomes completely self-sufficient.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
1702287756027.png

the biggest bug so far is this quest
:negative:
Finished act 2, Cassia still soloing everything in first turn pretty much... officer 100% go first talent is very busted

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom