Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warp Space official thread (TB sci fi RPG)

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
laclongquan said:
That is illogical:

No, it really isn't.

1. Main job is mining raw materials: which kind and using what methods?

Fictional metals using men in mechanical suits for digging tunnels and men with advanced hardware for precision drilling.

Using muscle powers is pure waste and more economically to hire locals.

The locals would only accept the job so they can cut your throat in your sleep. Nevermind that the mining guilds are more or less working for themselves now and setting themselves up for a future without interstellar travel, like everybody else is. Money is virtually worthless as a result, and an organization that specializes in mining would have no reason to trade at a loss for something they are made to do.

Using machines mean there should be expert of maintainance in the group or the mining operation is screwed. If machine is highly productive that there's less miners and more support personnel, machine is advanced and require more maintainance. If machine is not so advanced, the miners group will be quite big.

Yes, they would obviously have technicians and engineers and spare parts to make sure things run smoothly in-between supply ship arrivals. What about it?

2. Logistic: Miners always buy foods from local farmers or local food providers. They very rarely use their hunting as their main source of food because that is purely unproductive. that is the usual pattern we can draw from earth's history.

The locals hate foreigners and barring extraordinary circumstances will attack on sight. The miners themselves are assholes and the tribals have nothing they would want anyway, including food they can catch on their own since they're pretty stuck in a shitty jungle with nothing else to do.

3. Bullets as trade goods:...You are kidding, right?

You catch on fast. :smug:

Trade bullets for food = shoot animals and eat them.

Transport food stuffs by starships is too expensive to consider.

It doesn't cost anything extra since ships that come to collect the mined ore would be empty otherwise.

Why not transport some food processor machines to make foods from local material?

What's there to transport? They can (and do) eat local wildlife. By cooking it over fire.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
saenz said:
We have Cleve wannabe's now?

Unlike cleve I'll have something to show 10 years from now. :smug:

More or less done with designing gameplay mechanics. So I'm starting coding today. :yeah:

Might have a screenshot by the end of the month if everything goes according to plan.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Okay then. Keep me posted. And quote him in case he writes anything interesting, but please omit his usual bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom