Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

waste of fucking time

naossano

Cipher
Next rpg will be made by codexers... Or have boobs... Maybe both...

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's not a waste of time if you can replay those old games over and over again.

ErDBxNS.gif

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stop wasting your fucking time talking about RPG, playing new RPGs, etc. News flash: THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER RPG AS GOOD AS THAT OLD ONE THAT YOU REALLY LIKED. It's over. The art of CRPG making has been lost. It might be rediscovered in two hundred or so but for now there's no chance. No chance. It's like lost technologies these people have no fucking clue how the technologies were created, they can kind of get these RPG devices up and running but they're just shoddy, hodgepodge mockeries clanking along, fueled by your stupid fucking delusions. You're basically addicted, you got your first high years ago with the infinity engine games or fallout or wizardry or whatever and ever since been you have wasting your time pursuing another high that can measure up that first experience. It won't happen, move on. Forget about it. Get a new hobby, something that takes actual skill or technical ability.
But... but I like new cRPGs :( Do I have to hate and get disappointed with everything? ;( I liked combat in D:OS more than in any other cRPG, new or old, and I liked the "choose your own adventure" style of game in AoD that I never saw in any other (legit, non-HTML) cRPG :( I also like living in the simulated medieval world of CK2 (if we count it as cRPG) that I could never play before (except the first CK, but I did not know it before CK2). I also liked the Slavic way of The Witcher (which gave me Gothic vibes too) and only last year I played Prelude to Darkness, which turned out to be amazing (especially due to the best atmosphere I ever experienced in a cRPG). I also enjoyed Pathologic (if we call it cRPG, but actually I wouldn't as explained in my review), which also was played by me not that long ago. While not as great, I enjoyed Fallout New Vegas more than many older cRPGs too (like Icewind Dales or Neverwinter NIghts), same goes for Venetica and the whole Risen series, which while not as good as great Gothic games, is still a very good series (like Twitchers).

I love new cRPGs just like I love old ones... actually, no, I like them even more. There are some great old games, such as Fallouts or Arcanums, but even they are contested with the place of my favourite cRPGs ever when compared to PtD or D:OS (Pathologic not included, because it's not a cRPG game, but it's also damn great).

Why do I have to hate my favourite games, AO? WHY? :negative:

EDIT:
I forgot to mention I also greatly enjoyed an amazing cRPG that is Dragon Age: Inquisition (best in the series too!).

Snufkin

Augur
Konajd you should try some graphical RL's. Some of them are addictive and good.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't like roguelikes. I liked them for some time years ago, but nowadays I don't get any fun when playing ToME and such. They are just... too combat focused, and the combat in them isn't even very good. When I want combat I just go for tactical games. Roguelikes are too repetitive and bland in comparison. They lack in combat when compared to tactical games, and they lack in role-playing when compared to cRPGs, so I do not enjoy them much anymore. Roguelikes all feel almost the same to me too, they don't have as much variety as tactical games or cRPGs.

adrix89

Cipher
Why are there so many of my country here?
Combatfags should just go with JRPGs, plenty of good tactical games out there with interesting mechanics, they even have a story although completely linear.

Roleplayfags and statsfags should just go with online tabletops, online sessions have become super convenient, maybe if you look around you can find some players for actually good tabletop RPGs instead of D&D.

Thonius

Arcane
I still don't get it why RPG codex just not making Codex Dream RPG. There are a lot of folks with knowledge in 3d, scripting etc. And with all rep dex got it can rise a lot of money.
Oh right, according to every codex member all other dexes are cucks and retards.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I still don't get it why RPG codex just not making Codex Dream RPG.
Because we cannot agree about anything when it comes to game design. There is no such thing as Codex Dream RPG. For some, PST is the Dream RPG with amazing story and C&C, while for others, it is Fallout, with its great character system. And of course there are the combat fags.

Mustawd

Can I marry Fallout? No? Ok, I'll just keep on posting on the codex 'till I can.

Sjukob

Arcane
Because we cannot agree about anything when it comes to game design. There is no such thing as Codex Dream RPG. For some, PST is the Dream RPG with amazing story and C&C, while for others, it is Fallout, with its great character system. And of course there are the combat fags.
Doesn't perfect RPG combines all of these stuff ? And aren't codexers dream of such a game ?

Mustawd

Doesn't perfect RPG combines all of these stuff ? And aren't codexers dream of such a game ?

Dude, its called Fallout. Go play it.

Thonius

Arcane
I still don't get it why RPG codex just not making Codex Dream RPG.
That is why codexer thinks that other codexers are cucks and tards - they disagree with things he likes.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
I forgot to mention I also greatly enjoyed an amazing cRPG that is Dragon Age: Inquisition (best in the series too!).

I hope a review is coming (Quickie Nr. 004)? Heck, since the game is 2 years old now and that's considered ancient in today's fast paced, ever evolving game industry (there's a new Citizen of Kane every month) you could even call it a retrospective.

Konjad

Patron

I hope a review is coming (Quickie Nr. 004)? Heck, since the game is 2 years old now and that's considered ancient in today's fast paced, ever evolving game industry (there's a new Citizen of Kane every month) you could even call it a retrospective.
They declined my Prelude to Darkness quickie so fuck 'dex. Infinitron is all the rage nowadays, not even a little love for a konjob's quickie.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I still don't get it why RPG codex just not making Codex Dream RPG. There are a lot of folks with knowledge in 3d, scripting etc. And with all rep dex got it can rise a lot of money.
Oh right, according to every codex member all other dexes are cucks and retards.

There was already a Codex Dream RPG. Pretty much universally agreed that it was great until the inevitable hipsterism started and everyone tried to out-edge each other, and now it's called banalshitboring just like every other game. That game is Divinity: Original Sin. Before that it was Morrowind.

The Codex is still the best place to find out what a game is really like, provided you do it in the first 2-3 months after release. After that To mis-quote Fight Club:

On a long enough timeline, the rating for every game on the Codex turns to shit.

janior

Arcane
Patron
shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom