Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 reception discussion

Wasteland 2 in comparison to Fallout 1&2...

• Sucks! It is nowhere near as good as Fallout 1&2!

Votes: 26 17.4%
  • Some things it does better, but some things it does worse, so I cant decide which is better.

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • W2 is overall a better game.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Fallout 1&2 are better, but I don't think W2 sucks.

Votes: 67 45.0%
  • You are not sea!!!

Votes: 29 19.5%

• Total voters

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The game is good however it doesn't deliver an experience as tight as Fallout(s).

However I'm glad that the game was made and I look forward to Wasteland 3. It would be a shame not to be done.

And it never will. Fallout was exploration based while wasteland 2 is quest based. I felt like playing a MMO, where you go to an area and collect 10 wolf pelts or whatever. While in FO it all felt natural and I was interested in what I will find and to see what characters I will meet.

A free roaming exploration game with FO2 type city quests would be awesome. but I don't see it happening any time soon as Inxile is busy with a blobber and Obsi would not do it in a hundred years... Going to city and wasting 20-50 guys is not really that fun and entertaining as is skill based exploration.

You have a point but hopes tend to die hard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom