Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland 2 release date predictions

Wasteland 2 will be released (intervals are inclusive, odds are in parenthesis):

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marsal

Arcane
Will you delay Wasteland 2 if you need to?
Brian Fargo said:
We've committed to try to get this thing done by next October, but if push comes to shove I'm not going to put something out that isn't right. I've come too far, and accomplished too much, to put out a product that isn't right. But you always want to have a stick in the sand that everybody's shooting for, and we'll continue to do that. I've tried to build a lot of iteration time into the schedule and our approach, so it's still quite possible.

Let's see the Codex confidence in the Wasteland 2 project in the early stage of development. Poll will be closed in 6 months.

Released means that the game (just the game, editors and other stuff is irrelevant), on any platform (Windows, OS X, Linux), is available for purchase (on Steam, similar digital stores or in retail). "Betas" and pre-orders don't count.

You can bet your posts. Minimal bet is 10 posts, you have one bet. It should be a fair book.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I hope he was generous with the October 2013 soft deadline and we see it before then. Probably going to be the 4th quarter of 2013.

Marsal

Arcane
When Fargo thinks it is done (within reason). Works for me. Didn't see that option.
Look again. It's "Thursday/kingcomrade", the so-called "gay" option. As you see, it will cost you 1 post (minimum) to chose the gay option.

Thank you for your patronage!

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
It will be delayed until spring/fall of 2014. I'm not having any issue with that.

I honestly want a more polished game. But I expect a lot of butthurt from most backers, with endless threads demonizing the game and the Fargo, if the game gets delayed for more than a year. I honestly don't like the release schedule. It seems too short for a good RPG. I don't want another Arcanum (well I do want another Arcanum, but not in the state it was released).

I bet one ball half my post count that it will be released in 2014.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I suspect there will be a delay. There almost always is, good management or not.

Voted Fall 2013 / Spring 2014

Marsal

Arcane
That's nice, Crooked Bee. Your faith is admirable.

The question isn't "Do you care about the date of release?" or "What are your feelings about the release date of Wasteland 2?". You and Jaesun sound like spineless Bethtards, goddammit! I'm not asking you to commit treason! Just pick an interval when you think Fargo will decide it's done and bless us with his divine gifts.

Shouldn't have put in the kingcomrade option... At least we'll have an accurate count of female and gay members.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Anyone who thinks it'll be delayed past October/a few months after should also give their thoughts on where they think they'll be getting the money.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Anyone who thinks it'll be delayed past October/a few months after should also give their thoughts on where they think they'll be getting the money.

The Magical Kickstarter Fairy will appear exactly at the end of October and wave her magic wand and all of inXile's cash will suddenly disappear?

I kind of think MR. Fargo know a bit about budgeting a games development.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

The Magical Kickstarter Fairy will appear exactly at the end of October and wave her magic wand and all of inXile's cash will suddenly disappear?

I kind of think MR. Fargo know a bit about budgeting a games development.
That's why I included the "a few months after" part. But you really think he's going to have a half a year+ worth of budget after October when they're targeting an October release date? Dreaming.

Deleted member 7219

I would rather them delay it to Summer 2014 if it means the game is finished and not some half-assed rushed short game.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm guessing around 6-8 months later than their projected date if they want to make a really great game. Fargo hedged a bit on the release date in his most recent interview, so I doubt he will force the release for its own sake.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey you are so annoying. As if any business in the world budgets themselves in such a way they go out of business if they get paid 30 days late.
Durrrrrrrrrr 30 days is the same as over 6 months. Brian Fargo's going to budget this so that he'll have half a year's worth of budget left over to pay everyone's salary even though they want it out in October. Right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom