Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch a retard play Elder Scrolls games for the first time

Lightknight

Liturgist
I mean this guy here : http://www.youtube.com/user/gixG17#p/p

Seriously, this guy...its kinda funny to watch at first, but then he gradually starts driving me up the wall. You wonder why games are getting more primitive each year ? Because of this guy ! He ignores whatever is written on the screen, no matter how large the letters are, constant failure to read correctly, he cant remember what he was doing 15 minutes ago...its fairly obvious that the games are way too complex for him to grasp fully.
If you use a locking spell on the door for the first time, dont say "it probably worked" and try to fucking open it, dumbass !
He constantly ignores whatever is happening around his character, instead preferring to build elaborate fantasy theories about how he thinks game mechanics work.
GAH !

It seems its fashionable nowadays to watch retarded LPs. First Khad threads on SomethingAwful, and now this...[/code]

pero

Novice
I'd far rather a guy act this way than have someone play a game, not understand it, blame the game and insult its fans for daring to enjoy it. He may not be getting the hang of it that fast, but he's open to the experience and he isn't being a dick about it. That's rare these days.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
pero said:
I'd far rather a guy act this way than have someone play a game, not understand it, blame the game and insult its fans for daring to enjoy it. He may not be getting the hang of it that fast, but he's open to the experience and he isn't being a dick about it. That's rare these days.

:what:

Get this kumbayah shit off my codex

Topher

Cipher
Mastermind said:
pero said:

:what:

Get this kumbayah shit off my codex

I think the guy is decent enough.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Heh the first 128 videos must be exciting to watch... Does he just have terrible athletics/speed or hasn't he found the run button yet? Him going so slooooow might partly explain his lack of advancement (more likely it's because he's a mac user tho).

Topher

Cipher
CrimHead said:
PART 129

LEVEL 3

STILL IN MOTHERFUCKING BALMORA

Yeah he's pretty slow but honestly it's his first time through and he's not in a rush, which is fine.

Lightknight

Liturgist
Lightknight, what video LPs do you like?
Funny ones, blind ones, competent ones. Prime examples of things i liked on LPArchive : Crusader No Remorse, System Shock 2, Alien Shooter 2, Splinter Cells. On Youtube the list is rather long, i'll just say that kikoskia and veriax generally deliver good experience IMO.

OTOH, watching complete idiots muck about is not something i enjoy doing. Someone may be bad at controls or not quite getting the mechanics but still be quite in control of their faculties. Not this guy. To be fair, Khad is pretty much braindead, so Gix has some room to grow it seems.

On LP Archive, I suggest The Kaizo Mario (Super Mario World hack) one. On youtube, there's cloud8475's I Wanna be the Guy LP.

You can also look for 4pphighlights on youtube. Some guys livestream plays every night, and the best parts go to youtube.

They're not horrible players, but unlike Gix they're the screamy kind, which some may find irritating. I find it fun because I can relate.

ChristofferC

Magister
TheMeInTeam on youtube has some nice Civ4 videos. He's a fast player so the videos aren't 30 hours.

catfood

AGAIN
Here is a nice Morrowind LP. He gathers sugestions of what he should do next and then randomly chooses one. It's a pretty good way to make an LP I think. He also knows how to speak his language unlike most of his compatriots.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I'm actually replaying Morrowind at the moment and this guy makes me hate myself. I want to hurt him.

Delirius

Liturgist
Topic gay OP faggot. If I wanted to watch cocksucking casuals play and laugh at them behind their backs I would go to internet cafe. I'm above you guys.

That's why Oblivion turned out the way it did. Morrowind is a little too complex for your average moron.

Phelot

Arcane
The guy has some Craig Mullins Marathon art so he's allright in my book.

Luzur

Good Sir
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWsELcfdbOQ

Barnif's total Elder Scrolls playtrough is fun to watch, lots of banter and conflict with his team mates in the background.

but as usual he is one of those guys that cant finish what he starts and just start another playthrough of something else instead when bored.

hold your fucking promises, MORAN.

DraQ

Arcane
He isn't THAT bad. He is learning, seems to be genuinely interested in game, avoids spoilers and tries stuff.

Still, the damage has been done - the guy behaves like an almost terminal ADD case, missing half the stuff the game tells him. Telltale signs of oblivion's handiwork.

When I saw him gleefully ignore advice to do some quest, or visit the other Blades, disregard the need to equip himself with gear, spells and consumables, then going "wha..?" at being curbstomped repeatedly by Sbowy Granius, I cringed.

Cassidy

Arcane
I suggest playing games you consider fun instead of watching others playing shitty games in Jewtube. At least screenshot-based LPs have a much greater potential for lulz.

attackfighter

Magister
Could tell he was a retard the moment I saw the StarCraft 2 poster on his wall (I have one too but it's too shitty to put on wall).

LazyD

Liturgist
Luzur said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWsELcfdbOQ

Barnif's total Elder Scrolls playtrough is fun to watch, lots of banter and conflict with his team mates in the background.

but as usual he is one of those guys that cant finish what he starts and just start another playthrough of something else instead when bored.

hold your fucking promises, MORAN.

omg this is pure awesome. Thanks for exposing my eyes to Bashur.

edit

no you're an ash-hole!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom