Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ways of Serving the House?

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Title says it all. This is inspired by something I read of VD's post in the Character Screen discussion. Anyway, I was wondering a few things about the houses, mainly how you can serve them differently. Now, I don't want anything too specific, just general ideas. Is it all combat, speech related? Can you be a merchant for some group setting up shop in new territories? Maybe you can, for a criminal group, handle prostitution or gambling houses? Or maybe even open one of your own up? Even drug dealing perhaps (if you're an alchemist and are very capable at making all manner of chemicals, healing or otherwise).

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
No, that would be too much (for this type of game). Serving a faction means completing certain tasks (quests) representing the faction's policies/goals/schemes. These quests are not random and usually represent a specific angle/storyline, so you will feel that you are serving this faction and not just looking for extra skill points.

It's hard to explain in vague terms, so I'll post an example later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom