Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wesp and his Game Breaking Bug patches

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
SO I finished Redemption and installed Bloodlines and Official Patch 1.2 and Wesps 5.9 patch and fuck. I have so far encountered 2 game breaking bugs.

I made a save before entering the "office" in the tutorial, and then saved my game, and loaded it later. When I loaded it up, I cannot continue as I cannot move or use any keys at all.

So I fucking gave up and then re-started and then get to the "You get a .38" gun and then the game will not let you continue BECAUSE YOU DO NOT GET THE FUCKING .38 to shoot the bottles to continue.

Jebus Fucking Christ!

Can anyone recommend one of Wesps's patches that don't break the fucking game?

[Pissed off]

PennyAnte

Liturgist
I actually never had a problem with his patches and I like them, but I think I used the one before 5.9. You could try the "true" patch, also available on Patches Scrolls. It has a more purist, bug-fix only approach.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The first one actually sounds like a rare glitch that i have seen in non-modded game too and thus has nothing to do with wesps mods. As for tessera's "true" patch i would not touch this piece of shit with a ten foot pole.

NiM82

Prophet
I've just completed it with 5.9, though I skipped the Tutorial. Didn't really notice any major bugs. Second the first bug being 'normal', I had that in the original from time to time.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Or maybe just don't use the unofficial patches at all and stick to plain and simple official patch?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Except official patch doesn't fix all quests.
I f.e. was never able to complete web-camera quest for Nosferatu chick because of the bug (both with 1.0 and 1.2 - but only with tessera's patch I didn't encounter the bug)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Hmm, never had that bug. I was able to do that quest no probs.

Official patch works perfectly for me.

Cogar

Novice
Wesp's patches have been reported to add bugs as well as remove them. YMMV, since apparently individual computer setups tolerate some things that others don't. AFAIK, both the official (1.2) and "true" patches work fine. They do in my experience, anyway.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Official patch doesn't solve the Society of Leopold crash, at least it didn't solve it for me. Wesp's patch version 5.7 worked perfectly on my machine.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I played through with the 5.8 patch and I only came across one showstopping bug in a sidequest, but I was able to get through with a console command.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Well I went through the tutorial this time and just finished the whole thing, maybe it was just some weird bug but this time I got the gun and no problems. So sorry Wesp, it probably was not you. :)

Finally doing my first Malkavian run. AWESOME. And those "light voice whispers" during dialogue is friggin awesome. Just like friggin chicken.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Now that I played through VtmB 3 times (Toreador, Gangrel, Malkavian) - will it be fine to play as a Tremere? I've heard they even get a separate ending (I've seen 4 out of rumored 5)

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
skyway said:
Now that I played through VtmB 3 times (Toreador, Gangrel, Malkavian) - will it be fine to play as a Tremere? I've heard they even get a separate ending (I've seen 4 out of rumored 5)

Yeah, you get a separate ending if you suck on Max's cock. You're also supposed to get a different haven, but I couldn't do that with plain 1.2 and/or "true" patch (did everything required, but it didn't work).

Also: DUDE THAT SHIT IS WHACK!

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Heh, well yeah, in bloodlines shit happens sometimes for no apparent reason, so you need a lot of patience with this game. I have personally experienced stuff like immobility that you described (possible to override using console), elevator buttons and other areas that you need to activate with your cursor moving to weird places for no reason, weapons just not appearing (like, you can't just attack anything, maybe issue with controls, though i have only had this when starting a new game) and your haven turning into some kind of weird furniture storeroom (got to see this to believe, i have heard something like this happening to other areas too, but i have seen this myself only in havens). And i've only played through the game like 3 times (once with 1.2 other times with wesps mods). Modders getting flak for this stuff is just wrong because the reason is rooted somewhere deep in the game engine. Save often and in different slots is a sound advice with this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom