Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Brother None, what kind of stuff are you going to be doing later on? Anything interesting? Are you coder?
Still in too much flux to talk about, it depends on performance reviews and internal discussion and stuff, we didn't finalize anything while Torment was still up in the air. It might include some interesting stuff, or I might have to spend more time just doing low-level grind stuff. Either way is ok by me.

Also
Brian Fargo @BrianFargo
We are all ears for torturous ideas that @ColinMcComb has to do for certain stretch goals.

Brian is a cruel, cruel man.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
He works for them so he can say 'we.' Not like sports fans who say 'we' even though they don't own, work, or play for a team.

I work at KFC and I don't claim ownership of the Colonel's(tm) finger licking goodness(tm), even though WE have a great deal on now, so come on everybody and get 9 pieces(tm) of Original Recipe(tm) Chicken(tm) for just $9(tm)!!!!

Just dropped $125 for nostalgia.

That the tier that I paid 110 for? inXile certainly knows how to make the 'limited' tiers a glorious cash cow. Can't wait for another few thousand gravestones opening up.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I guess Brother None is just proud of working with them and partcipating in some form I would too in his place.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Did I...did I just get compared to a fry cook? :lol:

It's more like am an assistant junior junior exec or something, I dunno, in a different scale. Anyway, it's kind of a silly topic, so...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
We at RPG Codex suggest the only 'social' aspects that go into these games is... Steam acheesements.

Stinger

Arcane
Jesus christ at all the rage over BN's new career...

What does one job matter?

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Did I...did I just get compared to a fry cook? :lol:

It's more like am an assistant junior junior exec or something, I dunno, in a different scale. Anyway, it's kind of a silly topic, so...

You'll now be slightly paranoid and defensive if you're ever asked to pick up the company coffees :troll:

jewboy

Arbiter
Commie, do you seriously work at KFC? The 'we' thing seems totally normal to me. Whether you use 'we' or they' depends on whether you think the company is cool or a bunch of scumbags.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Commie, do you seriously work at KFC? The 'we' thing seems totally normal to me. Whether you use 'we' or they' depends on whether you think the company is cool or a bunch of scumbags.

Yep, I slave for the Colonel. It's not a bad job actually when I get a full complement of hours as the pay is pretty good. Especially given that they are training me up to be a shift manager. The fucker that I'm replacing was on 1200 clams a week clear. Not bad for just overseeing some slaves. I'm only on 650 or so but compared to Romanian wages it's like winning the lottery. Nothing like the shitty rates you get in such places in the US. Pretty easy and I don't have to take it home with me. Certainly beats scratching around in Romania for the last 6 years.

Oh and even though KFC aren't really a bunch of scumbags so far, I still would not refer to them as 'we'. It's just a stop until I complete my post-grad diploma to allow me to teach.

jewboy

Arbiter
Wow. $650 a week is about twice what I make. I'm torn between asking you about Romania and not turning this thread into some kind of chat room. I did notice that there seem to be a lot of pretty girls in Romania. Although since Romania joined the EU I would imagine they all live in places like the UK or France now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow. $650 a week is about twice what I make. I'm torn between asking you about Romania and not turning this thread into some kind of chat room. I did notice that there seem to be a lot of pretty girls in Romania. Although since Romania joined the EU I would imagine they all live in places like the UK or France now.

If you'd like to relocate to another country then I'm surprised you're not considering the most obvious choice for a jewboy

You seem to have science skills, why are you so destitute?

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane

Yep, I slave for the Colonel. It's not a bad job actually when I get a full complement of hours as the pay is pretty good. Especially given that they are training me up to be a shift manager. The fucker that I'm replacing was on 1200 clams a week clear. Not bad for just overseeing some slaves. I'm only on 650 or so but compared to Romanian wages it's like winning the lottery. Nothing like the shitty rates you get in such places in the US. Pretty easy and I don't have to take it home with me. Certainly beats scratching around in Romania for the last 6 years.

Oh and even though KFC aren't really a bunch of scumbags so far, I still would not refer to them as 'we'. It's just a stop until I complete my post-grad diploma to allow me to teach.

Why... would anyone care if you refer to yourself as 'we' when you bring some guy his fried chicken?

Kevin actually takes combat pretty serious, and it being better than PS:T (low bar, I know) is pretty high on the priority list, but the main focus for that has to do with encounter design, density, alternatives and the way combat ties into other mechanics. The actual mechanics have to be *good*, but lots of systems can be good, hence the "agnostic" part (though it's not secret I'm personally not a huge RTwP fan). At this stage in pre-production, it's pretty normal that you can still go in a lot of directions. As long as it is picked, solidified and built out during pre-production.

:yeah:

That's what I like to hear! :incline:

Suck it storyfags-only! :troll:

I think it's a given that combat won't make you struggle, so it's not exactly combatfag friendly.

I get that. This isn't a combatfag crpg. It's just that I don't want them to make combat an "afterthought" and something irrelevant like many suggest that it's no "biggie" if it's like that. If this is a crpg, and if it will have combat, I want it meaningful, fun, engaging and somewhat chalenging (not piss easy, but not frustrating for an average old school gamer with IQ above 90, otherwise, if it's not challenging at all, what's the point of combat then, anyway? o_O ), not some popamole crap. That's what I feared we'll get because most storyfags just care about the story. And I'm glad they don't seem to think combat should be irrelevant in this game, like many here suggest. This IS a crpg with stats, equipment and combat encounters after all, not an adventure game (although some "hybrid" adventure games have combat too). I'm certain story will be good with what they have shown so far, so why not improve other aspects too? Why must this be a great "interactive novel" (without much gameplay) when it can be a great game (crpg) with fun and interesting gameplay also?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Torn about the stretch goals, on one hand i love that they are adding more story, on the other... if that is the only thing they are adding plus a couple new areas and companions... :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom