Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

R@S

Scholar
I don't consider myself any more intelligent than anyone else, I'm not a genius, I just play one on -TV- The Internetz.
Who's still kicking butt? :smug:

Despair and disrepair! Before I went to sleep last night I was contemplating my end game and current strategies and tactics. There's always a chance I'll lose my collective shit, however small that chance, I need to make a secret emergency backup plan.

[REDACTED]

When I woke up this morning the power had gone out during the night. I could not boot up my device and read my morning paper as usual. A thought crossed my mind, this might be part of the game, a way to throw me off balance. Does the powers that be have such a reach? The power came back and I could enjoy my morning coffee and paper in peace. I then realized how ridiculous that idea was, there is a storm going on outside my window.

While studying for my swimming team tryouts I stumbled upon a fellow player who clearly uses his brain for a living. This might cause a problem if we ever find ourselves on opposite sides. I need to find out more about this cat, make sure I can predict his/her stance on any future topic of battle.

After winning a few glorious battles I have gotten my third Perk, "Paranoia, duck!". I don't consider that a positive thing, I hope my high INT build will enable me to detect where this might cause problems. I need to spend even more points on my Perception skill, or hope I'll get a Perk that counteracts the negative effects.

I've jotted down a few thoughts from last night's mental simulation experiments, it might help keep me focused with my increasingly scattered mind.

Strategic Layer Check List (Not Classified):

- Always shove your dick in your opponents face.
- No matter what subject is on the table, make sure everyone knows your dick is bigger.
- Always behave as obnoxious and inconsiderate as possible.
- Attention to detail is the key (hey, I think I just won my first Key!)
- Fight the power, give double insults to those in power to gather support for your cause.
- Break established rules and get away with it.

Strategic Layer Check List (FYEO):

- Hide your Super Awsum Secret Weapons for as long as possible.
- Keep a balance, make sure you aggravate people, but still have enough players that knows the game.

[REDACTED]

Tactical Layer Check List (Not Classified):

- Refuse to choose a pichoor for your avatar.
- Make sure you know what annoys your opponents.
- Make DU feel like a sap.
- Intentionally post in inappropriate sections of the game.

Tactical Layer Check List (FYEO):

- Never say more than necessary.
- Seldom use local memes, be creative when making new.
- Take advantage of your opponent's weaknesses.
- Make everyone else feel like a sap.
- Never use a hammer when a shiv will do the job.
- When another player goes down for the kill, show mercy. That stings much more and increases the tension among other players. You have to save the release for the third and final act of the game, that'll give you a bigger bang for your -butt- buck.

[REDACTED]

Tomorrow is Sunday, DU's day! According to these rules, I have to play the game without my usual security system operating under nominal conditions. I'll have to carefully consider the pros and cons before I enjoy my game playing activities on that glorious day.

Score:
R@S: 1 Key
RPGCodex: All Other Keys

Making progress!

P.S. "hiver, bug or feature?"

P.P.S. (In case this is my last log entry) Success!

P.P.P.S. "hiver, bug or feature?"

Disclaimer: Luckily, I have a law degree, well, I tell a lie, I read the law book front to cover, n00b style, and am confident enough in my opinion I managed to get these little tidbits deREDACTED:

I'm beginning to doubt the wisdom of spending more time playing this game. There are far too many stick-up-butt-people than I had originally anticipated. I had such high hopes just a couple of weeks ago, this would be a great adventure and lead to glorious enjoyment for everyone involved, I might even have ended up becoming President.

Melancholia, the curse of great minds! I must get the chemical squirters in my brain to produce me some happy juice, or I'll never have the stamina to win the game.

The current formula for calculating the annoyance success of my strategies and tactics still needs more work, I suspect the effectiveness variable when comparing several different tactics produces an inaccurate number.

[REDACTED]

- Make shit up as you go along.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finished STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, second playthrough. Much better impression than my first one where the last 1/4 of the game was rushed, with broken equipment, lack of items and constant save scumming.
This time with OGSE 0.6.9b (Old Good Stalker Evolution). First few hours were awful, just "not this shit again...." when you saw rookie's village, fight with mutants that eat bullets and shotgun shell like women eat pies.
But after maybe 10h, sinked me into the world of artifact hunting again.
The best mod with good AI and damage module was Zone of Alienation, where basic mutants were fragile.

Also - there is some new weapons and tweaked old one, they wrere really helpful in last part of the game with Monolith heretics, especially semi auto sniper rifle using ammo from Monol's bodies.
You could also find some traders (even in hostile territories like Monolith and Military base. Good thing about them is that - show you new shortcuts so you could save lot of time
And believe me or not but assault rifles (even with AP ammo) here were worse than shotguns with slugs. Or maybe that was kalashnikovs and West assault rifles are good?
Did I mention about repairing, drugs and automatic turrets in enemy bases?
BTW. controler turning my character into zombies was nice touch. Escpecially when you met zombies and you make some nice small talk. :lol: And I was suprised why everyone shoot to me, every yellow (neutral) dot...

I made it to wait for two megamodifications - Narodnaya Solyanka and Oblivion Lost Remake 2.0 (mod is ready but translation is WIP) and none of them are ready yet :roll:
Not to mention I didn't used game to test my little PC upgrate - doubled RAM recently.

Last screenshot...What else you can except after running, save scumming and dying?
Last Light.
So... Strielok is basically last potato emigrant who get a quest to turn off the light when he emigrate from potatoland?

Ending? Like always - I want to be rich.
Did I mention it make you with in the way you regret it?
LLUIT1J.jpg

Third and fifth artifacts on my belt gave me +1000 HP each (which mean better HP regen, not hit points pool). Sounds like popamole... still not save you from Magical Enemy Grenades.

Seriously, last part of the game in Pripyat (ruined city) was pure comedy with enemies that throw grenades under your feet with some autoguide. FUCK.
:x

Last edited:

R@S

Scholar
Intermission of the -play- game called The Internetz

Smoke 'em if you got 'em :smug:

The Second Act will commence once I've had a chance to watch me some F1:obviously:, download and install some new STALKER mods, and finally solve a few unexpected technical difficulties...

Here's some random thoughts I have gotten while reading Pratchett books in the past, you should ponder those while you wait:
- Keep an eye on what people do after you shake hands, if they wipe theirs it's time for you to take a shower.
- Second Thought is a very useful skill to learn. Third Thought, not so much.
- Why isn't there a KingComrade option in any of the books?
- The written language should be treated as a toy when trying to teach little people how to read.
- It's true, horses do seem to look at you through their teeth.
- Balancing dots and dashes on top of letters is a precarious Scandinavian habit, it might lead to unexpected pun.ctuation
- hiver, bug or feature?

-Guillou- -Wikileak- -Manning- Snowden Release!

Check List (Classified Top Secret Omega):
- Keep pichoors to a minimum to keep the -grafix-whores- :decline: at a distance
- Post DU's favorite pichoor
- Randomly bark at unsuspecting players
- Use hipster idioms and philosophy
- Paint a big target by making many small mistakes
- Always play on the opponents' paranoia when spreading disinformation, go Putin on their arse

P.S. Fight the Power and demand an answer to the "hiver" question!

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Got an email about Diablo III was at half price so I downloaded Starter edition to check it out before buying. Was playing for like a half an hour whooping the undead kung fu splatter style with the monk then the game told me it lost the connection to the server, stopped my game and pulled me to the main menu. Trolled by Blizzard. Does this shit happens even in full game? Can imagine that it could be a major pain in the ass if Im not able to play whenever their server decides to time out.

Btw, I never got this shit happen to me playing single player Starcraft II.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Got an email about Diablo III was at half price so I downloaded Starter edition to check it out before buying. Was playing for like a half an hour whooping the undead kung fu splatter style with the monk then the game told me it lost the connection to the server, stopped my game and pulled me to the main menu. Trolled by Blizzard. Does this shit happens even in full game? Can imagine that it could be a major pain in the ass if Im not able to play whenever their server decides to time out.

Btw, I never got this shit happen to me playing single player Starcraft II.
Welcome to the world of always-online DRM. When Blizzard servers are down you can all but masturbate and weep.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Playing Thief Gold for the first time. Man, it's been too long since a game has made me get my heart pumping like this. I'm fairly sure I'm playing terribly, but it's fun.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I too just started playing Thief. Considering all the people gawking over how there's no darkness in Thi4f, I was expecting something... darker. So far even a gray corner can keep me hidden. Also, enemies not responding to the torches around them being picked off one by one, right.

However, the rest of the game's systems are quite nice. The level design is mesmerizing, and I like the AI's capacity to call of backup, because it's both more competent a feature than I've seen before and an opportunity for me to slip past when they're grouping up.

R@S

Scholar
I'm feeling revigoured after taking a break from playing The Internetz, focusing on some of my other hobbies and VICEs have done marvelous things to my mental health and physical constitution!

Second Act

Part V: He is not a moron, he just play one on -TV- The Internetz

I'm kicking butt at -Starbutts- -Starbucks- dinner tables as well, I lack the shame gene :smug:

My former doubts has been swiped away by the caressing wind of new ideas and discoveries! Once again I feel the steely resolve I felt in those glorious early days, the joy felt is almost unbearable! My Super_Awsum_Prescience_Gadget has told me that I'll soon be able to correctly exclaim my favorite word; Success!

My continued exploration into the recesses of the game have given me a new clue! Certain "Stones of Arnhem" was mentioned in some post or other, after a little more research I think I have this figured out. I need more Stones(huevos?) to recharge my Super_Stones_Of_Arnhem_Armor, or I'll be defenseless against any casually thrown "Rambling Idiot" attack. This might have been the reason for my recent bout of(with?) melancholia!

Important notes on other recently made discoveries (Classified Top Secret Death Ray):
About Perks:
"Professor"
- :obviously: Gives the player the ability to use logic and reason beyond normal limits. Tends to lead the player down long chains of thoughts which might appear irrelevant to lesser INT type build players. Quickly loses interest in a subject when all skill checks has been done.

"Cock-Eyed Optimist"
- Everything is glorious! Humorously confident! Nothing seems impossible!

"Paranoia, duck!"
- [REDACTED] filter, Lynch style! Sees shadows behind shadows behind shadows behind shadows... Loop Error... Break... End of Line... When used it might cause a code bug, be WARNED! those have teets!

"Spiritual"
- Praise be Bob! Enables the use of Trump Cards "I have Faith, you are Stupid", "nu-uh!" and "Because my Mother said so".

"Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!"
- Your pants are purple, so is your nurple. Gives the Bullying skill a fixed bonus.

"Legal Beagle"
- Don't worry, I wont sue. Comes with its own legal team.

"Barkserk"
- Anger! Smash! Crush! The ability to punch through even the thickest of skulls with finely tuned arguments, while still maintaining your fashion sense, :obviously:

[REDACTED]

Ass I always follow my own advice, I took the time to ponder this; "Second Thought is a very useful skill to learn. Third Thought, not so much". I put that through my usual process which led to me changing my mind. Third Thought is more useful than I had originally anticipated! Exciting!

[REDACTED]

My strife to reach my current goal of becoming the most :incline: poster of March 2014 is progressing at a faster pace than I could have imagined even in my wildest, wettest dreams! I can physically feel how my character has grown since I started playing this game, how I have been learning the game and it's rules, then use that knowledge to increase my overall enjoyment. Again, I feel confident enough to look far, far ahead!

My character build doesn't have the "Spiritual" Perk, which I see many other players are using. Should I make an effort and try to get it? Even if I don't end up joining the conservative faction, is it a good Perk to have? While on the subject, if you are going to talk to imaginary people, why not Bob? Which in turn lead me to the question that has been plaguing my thoughts constantly; hiver, bug or feature?

[REDACTED]

Such a pity! It had a few good moments, then it's inability to see the need of, or find, using both hands, flashlight, map and a compass, its own pause button, ruined any chance of redemption.

R@S - Kicking commas butt since '73

P.S. Would you sign a petition demanding an answer to the "hiver" question?

P.P.S. My security concerns was proven warranted! Luckily, the logs clearly show what type of information was accessed while playing this game without my usual security system operating under nominal conditions. After careful deliberation I've decided to release the stolen information to prevent it from being used as leverage.
(Classified Top Secret Mega Death Ray)
- Post Character Sheet and manual, n00b style, plus handwritten player notes!
[REDACTED]

Disclaimer: I wont bore you with my stories of glorious battles won using my [REDACTED] against various legal teams, it's only minor side quests after all. I'll just give you the cliff notes and a short commentary section.
[REDACTED]

P.S. After yet another gloriously won legal battle I have gotten the "Legal Beagle" Perk, and at the same time managed to get these tidbits deREDACTED:
First, calibrate the nozzle, then apply the [REDACTED] for best result.

What has always annoyed me is how religious people seem to think that being wrong is always a shameful thing. They have this black and white outlook on these things, it's easy to understand, but when having a scientific discussion, such notions should be left at the door. In science, being wrong still gives you new information, you learn a lot by being wrong in other words. The idea that you should somehow be ashamed when you have held a wrong position has always baffled me.

It's the inability to change your opinion after proven wrong you should be ashamed of, isn't that so, "hiver"? I feel the need to ask Bob a few questions about "hiver" and its apparent shame and fear, madness lurks around the corner ready to jump if I do, or don't, or whatever. They are very personal and difficult questions to answer, so I'll pose them in a format players of his ilk seem to be comfortable using.

(True/False)
It is intimidated by my high INT build, which leads to it constantly misinterpreting what I am saying.

(True/False)
It is scared of things it doesn't know, understand and/or are unfamiliar.

(Show/Tell)
Please show me on the doll where the bad man touched it. Seriously, it seems far too comfortable using religious thinkery when discussing scientific matters. Does it use religion as a security blanket in real life as well? Fuck it then, if it's a religious entity this is pointless and wasted time, it has most likely just lied to itself, and to everyone else!

A special thanks to the hippies and their "Freedom of Information Act", suckers!

Favorite Quote: "I'm not a homosexual, nor am I a heterosexual. I'm an egosexual! Now, let me wank in peace, it's my constitotutional right!" (used that in court and won, -true- fun story bro)

Super_Awsum_Mental_Magic_Machine, a.k.a. brain,

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I was having a good time with Thief up until the Thieves Guild mission. What a clusterfuck, I'm having to savescum like crazy just to get anywhere.

Edit: Jesus, what a terrible level. I opted to skip it.

Last edited:

R@S

Scholar
Greetings! fellow explorers, I have many important discoveries about the game called The Internetz to share with you this evening. Pray, sit down! No need to rush, hehe...

Second Act

Part VI: The discovery of "Butthurt"

Kicking butt, causing global butthurt since '73 :smug:

Success! A key feature of this game seems to keep a log on your HD outside of the game. Painstakingly tedious studies and labor has produced me this glorious result. Behold! my current codex.txt(Not Classified):
ERYFKRAD - Quick on the uptake, good taste in games
idonthavetimeforthiscrap - Quick on the uptake, bloody liberal
Azrael the cat - Best poster in the history of posting, ever, seriously!
DarkUnderlord - Has left the building, said something about blow and hookers
spekkio - Good taste in games, quality poster
Zdzisiu - Good taste in games
Ninja Destroyer - Good taste in games
laclongquan - Good taste in games
DU - Hiding under his bed reading comicbooks using a flashlight
(Double FtP Insult Bonus! One(1) Key awarded to Player: R@S)
BLOBERT! - ???
Broseph - Who's alt?
Crispy - Knows his fair share about computers, not USB 3.0 on ASUS mobos tho...
hiver, bug or feature?

Some thought experiments run earlier this evening and their results:
When people told you to get your priorities straight, did you follow that very sound advice? It goes; first, the people you love, second, everyone else and finally you. Didn't you get that when you read the ancient scriptures? Were you swept away by the amusing jewish fables, like the one about Onan, ended up not paying enough attention to the important bits? Maybe you are the droid we have been looking for! Join Today! Get a free subscription!

Empathy! The key to humanity's future and survival! Maybe even winning this game? This needs more study, never leave a stone left unturned, be curious, thorough and careful when looking for exploits. Be a winner! [REDACTED]

Possible blurbs for the upcoming -comic- -book- -daytime-TV-movie- Blockbuster!:
- A typical Swede in almost every aspect, "lagom" would be the perfect local term to describe him
- Best enjoyed in smaller doses, nevertheless, a must read for [REDACTED]
- Picks up annoying habits quicker than a crack addict
- Get a fucking dictionary, moron
- Hiver, bug or feature?

While digging around in the code, yeah, I gave up on the manual, weakest shit EVAR!!!111one, I discovered the formula for calculating a few game score variables. Ten(10) "special" "tags" equals One(1) key, I suspect the exchange rate is varying depending on your post count, will have to run some simulations on that when time permits.

This formula led me to discovering the name of the -fattest- biggest weighing variable in almost every calculation done by the game engine. Hold on to something, it's a good one, it is called "Butthurt"! They already have a bunch of pictures to display the various levels of this, I plan to use this to my advantage by [REDACTED]
:butthurt:

Special "tags" already achieved (Classified Top Secret GTFO):
- Bully, bug or feature?
- Smart Alec (Baldwin?)
- Scatter Brain
- Sapper
- Lover
- Hater
- Genius
- Moron
- Listmaker
- Random Basher (Religious Mega Version)
- Messiah Complex Light

I am spent, playing games is serious business, all I had time to do today was leaving this reply; 'k. You can easily see the despair, exhaustion and terror emanating from that poorly expressed word. I have also been forced to lower my standards, to keep my stamina at acceptable levels, these days I give out brofists even if the post only made me smile. This is a vain attempt, admittedly, but my options are currently limited and I have to hope I get away with a net positive, anything else would be short of catastrophic. It's a sad state of affairs, one I have to address post haste!

But first! Sweet Morpheus, welcome me into your gentle caress, these wicked, weary bones deserves no less.

Like the olde axiom goes; Know thy audience and annoy them at every turn (Spearchucker reference, bitches!)

End Scene VI

Tally:
R@S: 4 Keys

Moar progress!

R@S - Kicking butt since '73

P.S. Call your congressman/congresswoman and demand an answer to the "hiver" question!

Disclaimer: Nothing to report, legal team operating under nominal conditions. No more intrusions to report after I was awarded the [REDACTED]

P.P.S. Success!
Super_Awsum_Hax0r_Driver for my glorious high INT build's mental acuity skill check success!

Last edited:

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I was having a good time with Thief up until the Thieves Guild mission. What a clusterfuck, I'm having to savescum like crazy just to get anywhere.

Keep going, the next mission is one of the best levels of all time for any game.

Machocruz

Arcane
I have to thank the Codex for introducing me to Cataclysm DDA, my new favorite rogue-like. This game is awesomely detailed and complex, and in some ways makes a better RPG than almost everything else out there today. I got my ass kicked pretty hard though in the beginning, Static Spawn mode. Some bad luck (brute on the outskirt of town who chased me down and killed me), bad starts (evac shelter right in town or next to swamp), not fully learning the mechanics (how encumbrance effects a melee build) and poor choices (using random characters, not giving myself adequate combat skills) really frustrated me, but now it's relatively smooth sailing with an archer ninja character. I'm still afraid of going too deep into towns and feel I've been lucky more than I've played well, with an easily accessible gun store that has helped me not get torn to shreds by zombears and cougars. It also takes a while to be able to craft a decent bow and arrows, so I can't solely rely on archery, yet, like I could a good melee or gun-with-silencer build. Haven't even touched the vehicle, bionics, computers, or electronics. Think I'll make a road warrior character next. Any tips for expediting vehicles/mechanics?

Also, Far Cry 3. Yeah, I have to admit I like this series. The only non STALKER FPS series of recent times that I like. If a game doesn't have core quality, it needs gross quantity, which is something Bethesda no longer seems to understand, but the Far Cry 3 devs do. Plenty of guns and customization, shit to kill, objectives, collectibles, busywork. Story is retarded Hollywood shlock, and thus praised by the media, but it's just time I'm not spending with the good stuff. The saturated colors are refreshing in the AAA FPS space, and it's nice to play a game with production values once in a while. Stands next to Dead Space, Human Revolution, and Assassin's Creed 2 as tolerable popamole.

And Project Zomboid. Addicting, yet now that I'm playing Cataclysm it feels a bit thin. And I'm playing a shitty older version where zombie hordes keep spawning near my safehouses after a couple of days, no matter how remote or how careful I am. It's one of the best survival games out though.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I just picked Cataclysm DDA back up myself. Had a ton of retardedly bad starts in a row (fucking kevlar armored zombie dogs before I can even get to house, what the fuck?) but got a character going now. I'm a min/maxing whore so I started with 20 int with the intention of becoming a cyborg mutant god later.

Mechanics is cake to raise once you get a hacksaw + wrench, just start dismantling cars. Before that you can use a soldering iron to repair plastic armour (even shit like a raincoat counts.) The real trick is not going into a berserker rage when your kitchen unit explodes because you ran over a single zombie in your 3 ton armoured tank. It sure is nice having a mobile fort with a water supply, electricity, fuel, walls, heat, a place to sleep, and all your supplies and materials once you get everything going.

R@S

Scholar
Second Act finale for those who has been following the -telenovela- game called The Internetz.
Second Act

Part VII: Oivey, the :decline:

Kicking butt, the butter of any game ever played :smug:

I kept tossing and turning last night, unable to find the off switch for my brain. I should have masturbated before going to bed, it would have minimized the -risk- chance of having a wet dream, or worse, a nightmare of epic proportions! Lesson learned, from now on I'll masturbate on a semi daily basis, have a schedule and keep a chart of pleasure levels achieved and amount/quality of seed produced. I need to get some glass jars to store it in, should have some empty ones left in the attic from my previous experiments.

Jessybells! what is this mental midgetery I keep reading! I feel my mind being affected by the most dangerous of viruses, certainty! Caution, that's the key, if I'm to be able to win this game I need to constantly remind myself of that. My well practiced skills as an Iron Man mode type player will be taxed to their limits, but I must prevail!!!

[REDACTED]

Some thought experiments run last night and their results(Classified Top Secret FYEO):
Astrology! What a marvelous invention! Much more useful than psychology in many respects, if used correctly. Imagine, your -mark- -patient- -client- customer believing something that was scientifically disproved almost a century ago! Just make sure you know the different personality traits before you start, and are able to put that voodoo over their mental processes. Remember, learning on the job is a bad idea if you are to have Success! in your choice of employment.

[REDACTED]

Always put in your best effort when you approach something new. It wont matter if the end result is as good as you had hoped, at least you have the comfort of knowing that under the circumstances, like time, skill, knowledge and physical traits, you did what you could, anything else should never be expected of anyone. Follow that rule and you'll always have Success!

Make your nut early in life, it'll enable you to enjoy the majority of time spent on this earth.

hiver, bug or feature? [REDACTED]

I've spent most of my game playing time lately working on perfecting my codex.txt, I suspect this was not a foreseen behavior by the game developers, and it's a time sink with little reward for someone with my high INT build type character. It's hard work and serious business, and apparently, the laptop guy has no stats!!!

Updates from codex.txt(Not Classified)
Boyarpunk - Experienced player playing the long con or...

Lyric Suite - Reminds me of this bloke I knew in school, always packaged his opinion in a sophisticated language trying to fool the teachers, then fail at even the most basic logic&reason experiments. Like a parrot with access to Wikipedia, using words and phrases that on the surface might look appropriate, but after some thought are actually completely wackadoodle. Has spent far too much time on irrelevant aspects of philosophy, like the existence of Bob, without being able to find any truths or answers. The biggest liar I've come across so far, especially skilled at lying to himself. Father probably distant and a scholar. Mother gets off by withholding emotional rewards. Favorite Trump Card: "I have Faith, You are Stupid"

Humanity has risen! - Gay! not an ounce of doubt about that! Prime example of the effects of a repressed personality. Not very obvious -troll- player, or just brilliant!!!

Progress Report(Classified Top Secret GTFO):
I have gotten two new Perks, "Second Thought" and "Show me on the doll". Here's my understanding of their effects and usefulness so far:

"Show me on the doll"
- Psychology my arse! Insight into the minds of morons and madmen alike, be afwaid, be vewy, vewy afwaid.

"Second Thought"
- You did/said what!? The ability to think about why you do/say things, not just why you think other people should see/hear it.

After some reflection on my high INT build character's behavior lately, I can safely make the assumption that I finally have the "Paranoia, duck!" Perk under control. However, I need more time to study the effects of "Show me on the doll", from what I have gathered it is to be considered a negative Perk as well.

Who am I, really? Am I the guy who started popping up on the web years ago, toiled in obscurity for five years on a mod for some even more obscure Russian game, then made a Let's Play thread about it on this board a couple of years ago? Am I playing the long con simulating a habitual lurker and avid reader? Or am I someone's alt, like DU's or hiver's or some such? Keep reading and you'll find the answers to those questions, and a bunch of others you didn't even ask.

End Scene VII

End Second Act

Wins won:
R@S: 5 Keys

Progress Success!

R@S - Kicking butt since '73

P.S. Do you remember that glorious day I first asked the "hiver" question? Nostalgia, the butter of recollection!

Disclaimer: Legal Team Battle Super Update!
'k

What a moron!!! [REDACTED]

:butthurt:

Players who inhabit GD are not learning animals, and cheese eaters!!! I feel like I haven't showered in -days- -weeks- years after only spending a few minutes in that pit of decadence and filth. I dread digging any deeper, afraid of what I might find, or spending any time there unless absolutely necessary for reaching my end game goals. Hazmat suit! Might that be the ultimate solution to this problem?

"I'm not crazy! My mother had me tested!"

Where do I sign up to get their money?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Heroes of Might&Magic 2.
I finished both the "good" and "evil" campaigns back in the days, but except for the Rebellion map (turning Legions of Peasants into Skeletons never gets old), and the final scenarios I don't remember much of the campaign. First five or so scenarios are rather bland and too easy if you are an experienced HoMM player, but things pick up once you switch sides, when you lose the Dwarven alliance. Currently playing the mentioned Rebellion map, and the severe lack of Lumber and no Haste spell for your main hero (with that killer stack of Skeletons) make things rather more interesting and challenging. EDIT: not to mention an enemy with Dimension Door and a pack Titans...

GOG's Windows version works fine on my Win 7 64 bit machine. I can't remember the music was that good when I played it last (10-15 years ago).

Last edited:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, it's a pointless mission and really breaks the flow of the game. You've gone through four very different yet awesome missions and the story is just about to get going, but instead of The Sword you get something that resembles a mediocre fan mission at best and has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the game. I don't think it's that hard a mission, and it probably feels bigger and more maze-like than it actually is, but you'll probably just want to blackjack the shit out of everything just to be done with it as painlessly as possible. The other two new missions in Thief Gold are excellent additions, though, and they really help the pacing of the second half of the game. In TDP I usually start to feel a bit of fatigue after the first five missions, but I just played through Thief Gold and it kept me hooked right until the end. Now replaying The Metal Age (which is my favorite), and I guess I might end up replaying Deadly Shadows as well while I'm at it.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The Thieves' Guild mission is gaming's greatest contribution to the death of joy. I spent three hours so far blackjacking around a labyrinth of sewers and basements that all look the same, only to find that I don't have the key for a safe that was hidden behind a selectively destructible wall dressing.

Also, I would like to ask if there is any sense to the maps. They look absolutely nothing like the shape of the actual environments in this mission, no matter which way I rotate them in my head.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Do you mean when you enter a new area, it triggers the wrong map screen, or something different than that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom