Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Do you mean when you enter a new area, it triggers the wrong map screen, or something different than that?

Yeah, that's what happens. The map will display your location when it finds you in the world, and calls a map page. The problem there is that one of these is not in a correct sequence and gets erroneously displayed, I think it's the middle sewer one but I'm not too sure. The problem, also, is while these maps have very precise geometry compared to its 3D counterpart, the location you're in is extremely vague so you have to look at them very, very carefully and try to recognize the shapes of the rooms. The best way to do that is to get in one of the very long sewer tunnels that forks at one point, the one with shallow water that leads to Thom's quarters. Once you find it you can get the hang of it pretty quickly.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Thank u skacky. I loaded the game again and did some closer examination of the maps. I found that most of the maps are what they're supposed to be, but a few threw me off. There's a small spot going between basement 34235643 and Donal's mansion that seems not to be represented on the map, so instead it calls up some random sewer schematic. Also, what I think is supposed to be the basement of the pub is completely inaccurate. Next time I play this game, that level will get a big fat noclip (or poltergeist or whatever UE1 calls it.)

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The highlight of the level is listening to the two thieves talk about that blundered job. You know, the one that involves the cat.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Played a bit of FC3 Blood dragon. Dayum, them dragons scary. Also, was fun playing a game that doesnt take itself too seriously. Might play more later.

Deleted member 7219

I just completed The Last of Us: Left Behind. A masterpiece. I love the storytelling and I find the combat sections to be pleasantly challenging (I played the first half of it on Survivor but couldn't get past the zombies in the generator room, so went down to Hard).

The Last of Us is one of my favourite games, definitely the best I've played on a console, and is one of the best examples I've seen of storytelling / art in the medium of video gaming.

Now, back to my playthrough of Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
The Sword, holyshitwhatalevel.jpg. Really great stuff, but by far my favorite part of the mission was when I got one of the two guards guarding it to kill the other one. :lol:

R@S

Scholar
The end is nigh!!! See the inevitable ending to the game called The Internetz unfold as we embark upon a journey of discovery and insight!!!
Final Act

Part VIII:

Butt kicking butt, circle-jerking since '73 :smug:

I have taken the plunge into uncharted territories as I have embarked upon a quest into the belly of the beast!!! Strife and hardship await me at every turn, but I will not fail in my resolve!!! -Bald- Bold men go where is needed in the search for truth and lifes' big questions, like; hiver, bug or feature?

What remains is collecting the input and formulate the calculations that will give me the answer I have been searching for. I have spent much time and energy devoting every resource at my disposal to find the answer, for the first time I can feel it being within my grasp!!!!!!

[REDACTED]

Training dogs is much harder than training humans, dogs don't have the vocabulary humans have, but they do try their best, cute as they are while doing so. I remember this XGF I once had, how I would always exclaim Success! whenever she or I reached climax. I started dropping that word into my sentences when we were talking about things she wanted to do, things she dreamed about and such, it didn't take long before I only had to say the word Success! and she'd give me a look, then a few minutes later I would be banging her brains out in the nearest semi private location. I hadn't realized I wasn't the only person who used that word... Good old timey times, huh?

Pubes!!! Haven't thought about those in a very, very long time. I remember in my junior years when I got my first pube, and how the following decade consisted of me trying to touch things with it. I had much Success! and there were even talk about going professional at some stage.

[REDACTED]

If you are not aware of this fact, you'll easily make the mistake of assuming something some anonymous person told you as being The Truth, you'll then end up taking it way too personal, and butthurt will inevitably ensue.

As the cobwebs of past experience has been carefully dusted away and I have started to have more flashbacks of my former years, they seem more consistent and real than ever before. I have to apologize, my mind has spent far too much time in -GD- the gutter lately, and I'm afwaid that has caused it to go on walkabouts more frequently than previously anticipated. Problem noted and under close scrutiny for future studies.

Other questions that will be answered if you follow the next installments of the CRPG called The Internetz on an RPG board named RPGCodex:
Am I Prosper taking my madication on a regular basis, or is he off them completely?
DU?
Becoming X?
hiver, bug or feature?

End Scene VIII

Dongs won:
R@S: 5 Keys
RPGCodex: All Other Dongs

No Progress Success!

R@S - Kicking butt since '73

P.S. The "hiver" question? The answer is nigh!!!!!

Disclaimer: Another Legal Team Battle Super Update!!!
People often ask me why I love and use the word Success! as much as I do, I usually tell them it's because it has sex more than once in it, if you think about it...

"Respect, something that requires effort to get and keep, has nothing to do with your post count, n00b!"

Homoerotic circle-jerking and human centerpeeds!!!!!

:butthurt:

Never, ever make the assumption that your Internet Persona is the same as the real You. You might not realize this, no matter how honest you are as a person, you are actually telling yourself a whole bunch of lies every day, both in real life and on The Internetz. A good player can spot those lies from a mile away, even if you can't, and will use it to cause butthurt if given the opportunity. Remember, always [REDACTED] and you'll be just fine.

You're a moron, what are you?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
RAGE! Not as bad as I thought it would be but it's a shame they had to appeal to the mainstream and add the shitty driving/open world/rpg lite aspects to it. The FPS parts are fun and you have a lot of gadgets to use although it's spread far too thin given the 'mission' format and having to go from point A to point B.

R@S

Scholar
Hear ye, hear ye!!! Another installment of the game called The Internetz is available for download!!!!!

Part IX:

Kicking butt, IX, NIX and BUTTERTWIX!!!!! :smug:

Success!!!!!!!!! The negotiations regarding the rights to my works are coming to a close, my demands have all been met, sans my main point of contention; [REDACTED]

[Blurbs]
- An epic journey, from the glorious early days, through some hard times to the final inevitable :decline:
- In these kind of adventure games it's not the goal that counts, it's the journey reaching it.
- Get a fucking dictionary, moron
- Jam-packed with insights and laughs! Cries of anger and butthurt will occur, money back guarantee!!! An emotional roller-coaster!!!!!
[/Blurbs]

Further studies into the field of "emoticons" and their different effects has taken up much of my time lately, fascinating stuff!!! The object of this study seems to favorite one in particular, which seems to indicate that it thinks it causes most butthurt when used. This might be the secret weapon and insight! that will lead me to the discovery of the conclusion of the main thesis; hiver, bug or feature??????

[REDACTED]

The skill of cartography has never been one of my stronger, I'll try my best tho, as always. The results from my recent plunge has been noted and are the subject of tonight's thought experiment. I hope my current state of sleep deprivation wont skewer the end results, that would be catastrophic!!! and might set me back in my venture.

Some thought experiments run last night and their results(Classified Top Secret FYEO):
Emoticons!!! What are emotions? Why have evolution given that trait to all animals, not just humans? Do animal need emotions, they are considered lesser species, are they not? Could it be the fact that to work in groups, the brain needs a flexible reward and punishment system to guide the subject/s towards a better chance of adaptation? Is it this process that gives us humans our moral code and unwritten social rules??? That would make evolution a force to be reckoned with, better prepare and adjust my defenses accordingly, thank Bob I managed to brain storm this, might save my life in the future!!!!

Lo and Behold! my current codex.txt(Not Classified):
- Infinitron - n00b!!!
- The Brazilian Slaughter - ???
- Khor1255 - Has a mirror?? Dumbfuck! tag winner, worth keeping an eye on, not as stupid as he might appear.
- RK47 - Slow on the updake, mental deficiancy detected?
- Andyman Messiah - ???
- Ulminati - Canadian? Or was that Whiskey???
- FeelTheRads - Probably Jewish, seems too focused on monetary aspects
- Clockwork Knight - Knows more about the brain than anyone else I have seen so far, or has Wikipedia as a shortcut easily available. Needs more study!!!
- Helton - quality poster, no doubt!
- Admiral Jimbob - Fucking hippie!!!!!
- Job Creator - Degenerate drug addict?
- Jagged Appliance - Best nick EVAR!!!111one

Special "tags" already Won!!! (Classified Top Secret No!):
- Top Secret (Classified Top Secret)
- Butthurt Deflector (Armor Bonus Version)
- Butthurt Strike (Religious Mega Version)
- Checkmate, Mate (Tactical Genius Version)
- Recollection Redirection (Mind Fuck Version)
- PsyDoctor (Mind Fuck Version)
- Prescience (Super Mind Fuck Mega Version)
- Messiah Complex Light (UPGRADE!!!)
[REDACTED]

End Scene IX

Glorious Points Awarded!!!:
R@S: 7 Keys
RPGCodex: All Other Keys

New Progress Success!

P.S. The "hiver" question????? GTFO :retarded: !!!111one

Disclaimer: Yet Another Legal Team Battle Super Update!!!
List of demands!:
- Empty glass jars!!!!
- A billion gazillion peanuts
- One(1) issue of Readers Digest (any issue from '73 will do)
- Most :incline: poster of 2014 award!!!!!!
- More empty glass jars!!!!!
- A personal handwritten note from DU stating above "tag" awarded, with jury motivation!!
- One(1) sheep, preferably female
- Open return ticket for my future trip to space
- One(1) Key for the game called The Internetz
- A ban of the phrase "Yes, give me more please" lasting more and two(2) weeks and no less than three(3)
- Peace on earth, and a soothing balm for my overactive hemorrhoids

:butthurt:

I found blood in my stool while having my regular morning bowel movement, this needs further study!!!!!

Once again sleep seems to evade every attempt made by me to reach its land of cotton and sheep, unforeseen side effect? Is there something else causing this? Could it be the subconscious processes working overtime trying to solve the nut currently occupying it? Why Bob, why!!!!! Show me the promised land and I'll be a good sheep.

- Get A Response (Super Secret Mega Achievement Version!!!!!)

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
After finishing Stalker SoC with OGSE I try some other mods. LURK taste like Zone of Alienation except no magazines mess and it's uglier.
There is also I Work Alone for CoP which is "Misery light" but have no will to bother with CoP and mods...

I have no luck with VtM: Bloodlines. Made about 5 attempts (this time with steamed version + 8.6 with translation) and stopped, in 3rd attempt I even reached haunting motel. Now there're some bugs like vanished lockpicks and this biker guy in tutorial who doesn't respond.

I try to finish 4th last chapter in Blood, play some Nihilus mod for Deus Ex and maybe try Marauder: Man of Prey (from people who made Brigade E5 and 7,62 High Calibre).
But first - DLC for JA:BiA with Combat Evolved (Point Blank and Shades of Red).
Single mission for single sreuro€. Welp.

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If Steam is to be believed I played about 20 hours of Rayman Legends since I bought it last week. Definetly best 10 euros I spent in a while.
Finished all the main levels and most of the invasion "time attack" levels, but those last invasions where evil Rayman is chasing me are a bit to hardcore for my taste. A single misstep or a microsecond delayed/too early jump is a given restart.
To get a gold medal at time attack you need to finish it under 40 sec, I had one finished at 40.01 sec. Oh, the rage. Or main levels need 600 lums to be collected, also had one finished at 599.

But all in all its a damn fun game and definetly gets my seal of approval, and those music levels are just a cherry on the top of an already awesome game.

There's a sale on Xbox Live now, so I picked up Red Dead Redemption for like 8 euros and played it for an hour, looks awesome but I'm not a fan of shooters with a gamepad, be it third or first person. Hope I get used to it, looks worth the time investment.

Boyarpunk

Hey there, fuckface-uh!
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
Have found DayZ so dreadfully dull that I have refired up RO2, which is as good as it's ever been. Don't care for Rising Storm, however.

I changed my mind about DayZ. Found my first weapon (machete), water bottle and backpack. The game's has a lot more depth once you figure out how not to die of starvation or thirst every single time.
:hearnoevil:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since the Blackwell series finale is being released this year, I've decided to give it a go. Currently one hour into Deception and unless it improves dramatically, the second game (Unbound) will remain my favourite. But overall, the quality is pretty consistent, even if the games are very short (2.5 to 4 hours each).

spekkio

Arcane
Completed Warcraft 3 - Reign Of Chaos

Pros:
- gameplay is fun and balanced, even in single player (playing the patched version sure helps),
- units are fun to use (mostly),
- campaign is long and quite varied (4 different races), despite it being a tutorial to multiplayer (as with most of RTS)
- story is serviceable,

Cons:

- Units have some serious problems with pathfinding, esp. when members of one unit try to keep their formation. Way too often you have to manually "make way" for some unit.
- Some design choices can get on your nerves when playing the campaign. For example: orcs are hard to play / keep alive since you get shamans late in the campaign.
But when you get them, you can steamroll p. much anything.
- So-called "interior missions" (no base-building) are better than in Starcraft, but still sometimes require you to wait till HP/MP of your units recovers. No fun.
- Some races (orcs) require much more micro-management than the others (undead, elves).
- Game often stutters visibly (weird HDD usage). I was too lazy to force single core usage / look for solutions, but still - this game has (had?) been updated frequently, so WTF?

tl;dr

:4/5:

Fun as fuck, a shining beacon of an old-school RTS design when compared to the newshit (Starcraft 2).

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Currently playing a lot of The Secret World, and its the next best thing to a Funcom adventure game mmo. Awesome writing and voice acting all around, great setting, highly recommend it.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I've spent the last few evenings on Grim Dawn. It's pretty fun and works very well for an alpha - but I don't think it'll be able to dethrone Path of Exile in the long term, at least for me.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I've spent the last few evenings on Grim Dawn. It's pretty fun and works very well for an alpha - but I don't think it'll be able to dethrone Path of Exile in the long term, at least for me.
It has more than grey caves, grey temples, grey prisons and generic jungles/grasslands on it? The lack of visual variation made me quickly bored with Path of Exile.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
It has more than grey caves, grey temples, grey prisons and generic jungles/grasslands on it? The lack of visual variation made me quickly bored with Path of Exile.

From what I've seen thus far, I think PoE has more visual variation than GD, especially in Act 3. To be fair, though, the guys at Crate can still add more interesting content and the art style of the characters and equipment is rather nice - they've gone for a somewhat steampunkish 19th century aesthetic instead of typical fantasy - but the environments are indeed pretty bland. It's mostly just generic grasslands, grey caves and grey dungeons.

R@S

Scholar
The penultimate DLC for the game called The Internetz is available for download at 50% off for non-paying customers.

Part X:

Kicking multiple butts simultaneously :smug:

:retarded:

what... i should open the ball? ... eeee... uuu.... eeee....

im so stuuuupiid.... aaa....

/

from shitposting
I dont give a fuck what they make? what the fuck that has to do with anything?

Sturgeons law in universal. Look it up.

We all read and agreed with Swen's post about a CoD fan reviewing his Original Sin, about the unfairness of people a-priori biased being in a position to affect others..many others. We all know about doritos, about being a cunt, about diluting, polluting your opponent's products. And where it can lead to.
How does that work? i mean, really...

So why does the Codex, self-proclaimed torch bearer of the incline allow devs to do exactly the fucking same to others?
Changes must be made - but the problem is they are being made by incompetent morons.

Who factually are just not fit to do it. Its too much for their shallow brains.

Out of their scope or ability.

They can only produce incredible, laughable, unbelievable manure of epic proportions.

Because they bring the incline?
could be... in a retarded brain like yours, dumbfuck.

When you come here as a team's representative, or as a team's developer, i should have thought you come here baring certain responsibilities. Above those of the average, professionally-unrelated Joe. If you are unable to comprehend or fall along with that, perhaps steps need to be taken.
I know. Thats the fucking point you imbecile.

maybe try Marauder: Man of Prey

Win!!!!! by KO in the fifth round by the reigning world champion of posting with his brain, never fails to deliver.

---

Plams are in motions, do not stay still for too long or I'll find you with mty spudguin and you'll be sorry, mark my wodrd!!!!!

Keys were a false lead, fuck this sjit, it's fucking :retarded:

End Scene X

P.S. The answer to the "hiver" question is and always has been 42, read a fucking book once in a while you ignorant fuck!!!!!

Disclaimer: Legal Team fired due to being too :retarded:

Gregz

Arcane
The penultimate DLC for the game called The Internetz is available for download at 50% off for non-paying customers.

Part X:

Kicking multiple butts simultaneously :smug:

what... i should open the ball? ... eeee... uuu.... eeee....

im so stuuuupiid.... aaa....

/

from shitposting
I dont give a fuck what they make? what the fuck that has to do with anything?

Sturgeons law in universal. Look it up.

We all read and agreed with Swen's post about a CoD fan reviewing his Original Sin, about the unfairness of people a-priori biased being in a position to affect others..many others. We all know about doritos, about being a cunt, about diluting, polluting your opponent's products. And where it can lead to.
How does that work? i mean, really...

So why does the Codex, self-proclaimed torch bearer of the incline allow devs to do exactly the fucking same to others?
Changes must be made - but the problem is they are being made by incompetent morons.

Who factually are just not fit to do it. Its too much for their shallow brains.

Out of their scope or ability.

They can only produce incredible, laughable, unbelievable manure of epic proportions.

Because they bring the incline?
could be... in a retarded brain like yours, dumbfuck.

When you come here as a team's representative, or as a team's developer, i should have thought you come here baring certain responsibilities. Above those of the average, professionally-unrelated Joe. If you are unable to comprehend or fall along with that, perhaps steps need to be taken.
I know. Thats the fucking point you imbecile.

maybe try Marauder: Man of Prey

Win!!!!! by KO in the fifth round by the reigning world champion of posting with his brain, never fails to deliver.

---

Plams are in motions, do not stay still for too long or I'll find you with mty spudguin and you'll be sorry, mark my wodrd!!!!!

Keys were a false lead, fuck this sjit, it's fucking :retarded:

End Scene X

P.S. The answer to the "hiver" question is and always has been 42, read a fucking book once in a while you ignorant fuck!!!!!

Disclaimer: Legal Team fired due to being too :retarded:

Stop flooding this thread with your gay newfag shit, a lot of us have this thread set to 'Watch Thread', which means every time you shitpost we get an alert.

We're in this thread to see what's hot on the street. You my friend, are not.

If you have to post such retarded tripe, make your own faggoty thread and do it in GD.

R@S

Scholar
The End

Part XXX:

That thign pn your soulders cuse for moteh things thatn colling youre blood, yoy ignorant fukkk!

Lobe, Prosper, a.k.a. crojipjip.

End Scene XXX

End Final Act

Game over

P.S. Success! it's official! Keep a lookout for the sequel, "Prosper, bug or feature?"!

No Great Name

Arcane
Finished playing Arc the Lad 1 and 2 on the PSX.

The first one taken on its own would be below average as it has very repetitive battles (and you are going to be fighting a lot of battles), is very short, and the majority of side quests require insane amounts of time spent in large numbers of battles. Most of side quests have little to no indication they are there however and many can easily be missed. They are not required to finish the game thankfully. Still, grinding is almost a must in this game due to a few spikes in enemy power. The battle system itself is pretty well done although it is somewhat tactics-lite and not very punishing for making mistakes. Any battle system, no matter how interesting, will seem like a chore after a certain number of battles though.

The main quest of this game is very short and on its own is bland. You control a group of very straightforward characters who are obviously good fighting against the enemy who is obviously very bad. No vagueness whatsoever. This game mostly serves as a setup for Arc the Lad 2.

There is a very interesting save convert feature where upon completing the first game, you can convert that save file to the second one and have your character levels and items transfer over as well as unlock extra content in the second game.

The second game is much, much longer and more expansive than the first one. The main quest's story is still just as straightforward as ever although there are now a few twists here and there. Rest assured that good stays good and evil stays evil. I was surprised however by how dark some of the scenes are. There are sprites getting crushed by falling objects, brainwashed townspeople committing suicide, genocide, drowning, and at the end of the game, huge natural disaster that nearly wipes out the entire world. There are more side quests in this game although almost all of them require getting into combat at some point. Some side quests, like in the first game, are downright impossible to know its existence without stumbling blindly into it or by following a guide. There are a surprisingly large amount of easily missable side quests and items in this game. Like in the first, grinding is practically a must in this game as well unfortunately.

The character roster is huge in the second game but during battle, you are limited to only using 5 max. What this means is that you will be neglecting a large portion of your characters and many will end up being underleveled which then means more grinding to get them back up to par. The battle system itself is mostly unchanged from the first game with a few new abilities. Elemental resistances and weaknesses are introduced in this game as well as larger arsenal of different types of weapons that can be used.

And the levels themselves. Oh god the levels. This game has levels attached to just about everything. The characters have levels, their abilities have levels, the weapons have levels, the equippables have levels, the shops have levels, hell, even the consumable items have levels. It's ridiculous sometimes. Thankfully, it's more than likely that you will complete the game long before you get anywhere near the character level cap, although with all these levels comes the unfortunate side effect of almost mandatory grinding.

Long story short:
Arc the Lad 1 is good as an introduction to Arc the Lad 2. The story is slightly above average although very rail-roaded at times. The dungeons range from interesting to "just-another-dungeon-with-a-gimmick" to downright infuriating. The battle system is nice and simple but you will be in combat too much. Characters are easy and really simple. All in all, the second game drags on a bit too long and both games can be considered "good for what it is" but is not something I would expect to become a universal recommendation or a classic. To me, it sits squarely on average to slightly below average.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
IIRC there was an arena game that came with the collection, It was possible to use it and abused it to quickly level up and grind for items and stuff.

Really good post!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom